Chapter 8: Cinnamon roll

I'm Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So where are we going again?” Jungkook popped out of nowhere, causing Eunhae and I to jump. It shocks me that this happens all the time. Seriously, where does this kid come from? He pops out at the most random situations.

It was currently 5:30 PM sharp. We were all dismissed early because the whole staff were about to have an emergency meeting regarding a thief who broke in and broke the main door of the building last night. If they hadn’t mentioned about the stolen things in the storage and practice rooms, I would’ve assumed that it was Namjoon, all dressed in black, who broke the door. I mean, that’s old news for Namjoon anyway.

Some of the members went on ahead and rested in the dorm, while I stayed, practicing my rapping skills. I’ve got to say, I’m now very eager to be an official rapper of BTS, now that I discovered the greatness of rap. I’ve been writing down some lyrics I created on my own, which surprisingly, shocked the boys. It seems like Yoongi was bad at composing, and it was a shock for them to see mines. They told me it was great. Namjoon and Hoseok threw compliments at me a lot, especially. But I don’t really know. I mean, I just wrote stuff that was on my head, then – boom. And might I say, I’m a pretty damn deep person. I’d pat my shoulder right now.

Good job, Suga.

I was about to go to the convenience store, a few blocks away from the company, before going home. I was hoping I could get me some ice cream, to cool me off from the scorching hotness of summer. Before I could even leave the company’s premises, a voice called out from not too far behind.

“Hey, Min Yoongi! Where were you earlier? I thought we’ll meet at the cafeteria on break time?” oh, god it’s her.

I stopped on my tracks and looked back. With her mask, sunglasses, and hat, I don’t even have to question who she is. It’s definitely her. It’s Kim Eunhae.

Without saying a word, I simply stared at her blankly. Damn it. Why does it have to be her? “Hey, are you perhaps avoiding me?” apparently, I am.

“No. What makes you say that?” I lied.
It has been three days since the locker incident. It has also been three days since Hoseok told me that I love Eunhae. Well, to be more specific, it’s not me.

Yoongi loves Eunhae.

I mean, it’s still Yoongi’s heart and I didn’t even have feelings to begin with. Besides, I don’t even know what love means. All I know about it is its symptoms. I still don’t get the reason for loving someone. How do you even love?

Ever since I knew the truth, I’ve been avoiding Eunhae, hoping this ‘love’ thing will go away. Too bad, it doesn’t fade. Actually, it worsens. I actually ‘missed’ her these past few days. By ‘miss’ – I mean, constantly looking for her and yearning for her presence. It’s really weird, to be honest. Humans are simply weird.

But, I can’t help but think that Yoongi must be madly in love, as what Hoseok says. He’s forever gone, but his feelings still stays. And now, I’m tasked to carry the burden of loving her. Just great.
Even at his last moments, he still wanted to make Eunhae smile. I mean, that’s what the white lilies were for, right? You know, the one he was carrying on that rainy day-

“Hello, earth to Yoongi please.” Eunhae snapped in front of me, bringing me back to reality. “Are you okay? You seem to be in a daze?” I simply nodded, while the girl smiled. Oh, no. With that simple smile, my heartbeat accelerated again. Really, Yoongi? Really, now.

“So….um, I’ll be going now.” I simply walked away, without even saying a goodbye. “Yoongi, wait.” She grabbed my arm tightly, persistent to not let me go. I sighed and looked at her. She seemed slightly shocked, judging by her eyes. She eyed me weirdly, while I’m completely deadpanned.

“Wow, talk about rude. You ditched me at the cafeteria and now you’re ditching me again? Oh no, mister. I won’t let that happen.” She said with a stern voice, crossing her arms together. “You’re coming with me.” With that, she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the opposite direction. For a second there, I felt butterflies in my stomach.

“Wait, where are we going?”

“Off to our 2nd phase of retrieving your memories.” She grinned, while her eyes turned into perfect crescent moons. “What? At this time?”

“Yeah, why not? We’re free right now, anyways.” She pressed her lips together, forming a thin line. She looked straight into my eyes, while doing those ‘puppy eyes’ I’ve heard. Oh, darn it. How can I say no to that?

“I –“ I hesitated, but ultimately gave up. “Fine. You have a point. Let’s do it your way.” With that said, a wide grin formed on the girl’s face while she beamed. As she was in the middle of celebrating, while I was sighing the life left of me, that fetus came and asked that question.

“So where are we going?” the boy asked, now back in the present time. Son of a golden burrito. I cursed under my breath, completely startled by his appearance. “Jungkook?!” I almost screamed, “What are you doing here?- wait, how long have you been here anyway?”

“Me? I’ve been here the whole time. You guys were too busy to even notice. I’m waiting for Taehyung hyung here. He’s buying us drinks at the convenience store – ah, he’s here.” As soon as Jungkook mentioned his name, Taehyung could be seen running towards our direction, carrying two cans of cola. He approached us with his usual gummy smile plastered on his face. “Ah, Taehyung-ah, I haven’t seen you for quite a while. How have you been?” Eunhae greeted back with the same gummy smile, waving at her dongsaeng.

Weirdly, Taehyung was taken a back, and stopped on his tracks as he noticed the girl with us. “Ah, Good evening, sunbaenim.” He bowed 90 degrees, while Jungkook’s eyes almost popped out of his head. Since when was this alien this polite and mature?

Eunhae, on the other hand, was shocked as well. She waved her hand, and laughed it off. “Hey, we’ve known each other for quite a while now. You could drop the formalities, really.”

Taehyung stood straight, shyly nodding at Eunhae. “Yes, Sunbaenim-“

“Noona. Call me Eunhae noona.” Eunhae cut off the stuttering boy and ruffled his har, which made the boy’s cheek brighten.

“Yes, Eunhae noona.” He smiled cheekily. There’s something wrong with him, obviously.

“Taehyung is as cute as ever.” She cooed, “So where are you guys heading?” Jungkook looked over at Taehyung before answering. “We’re going to the mall, noona,” Jungkook’s eyes sparkled, looking at his idol. Taehyung nodded along, taking a sip from his newly bought cola.

“Great! We’re heading towards there too. Let’s go together. It’ll be fun.” She beamed, receiving positive nods from her dongsaengs.

“Wait, we are?”

She nudged me, quite roughly. “Of course, we are!” she laughed as if she’s the kindest creature in the world. This girl is as violent as ever.

 

++++++

 

After taking a short train trip, we finally arrived at the nearest mall in the area. To summarize the whole ride, there’s a clingy Jungkook fanboying over her Eunhae noona, there’s Taehyung who kept on cracking lame jokes ‘cause he believes he’s responsible for making Eunhae happy, There’s Eunhae who tried her best to stop her cackling from Taehyung’s jokes to avoid unnecessary attention, And finally, there’s me who probably slept ¾ of the time throughout the whole ride.

“-and so she said that she was ‘sour-y’! Get it?” Taehyung cracked his 100th joke, while cackling like a dog out of breath. I swear, one more joke while laughing like a mad man, I’ll be shoving Jungkook down his throat. Surprisingly, Eunhae didn’t fail to laugh at each one of his jokes. “Good one!” she continued laughing, trying to catch her breath. Seriously? How was that good? Those two have serious mental issues.

Jungkook and I simply stared at them in confusion, while whispering to the passersby that ‘we don’t know them’. Have been finished cracking up lame jokes, they finally stopped laughing their off. Finally!

I sighed in relief, taking off my hoodie of shame. “So why were you headed here again?” Eunhae asked the younger males, who were walking side by side. “Well, Kookie and I just wanted to chill. How about you guys?”

“We? Well, I’m kind of helping out Yoongi regain his memories. “She chimed. I sighed at the bluntness of this girl. The statement sparked interest from both the males, earning smiles of amusement. “Cool! Can we help out?’ Eunhae nodded, while the two high fived each other. Oh boy, they better not cause trouble.

“Am I like a community project now?” I stared at them like a dead fish, while the rest chuckled. “Come on, it’ll be fun! Think of it as a fun bonding time with your members.” She reasoned, while the two looked at me with ‘innocent’ convincing eyes.

“Yeah, Yoongi hyung. Stop being a grumpy grandpa.” The youngest nudged me with his elbow, and smiled. Did he just call me a grandpa? This kid – is he really the maknae?

“I get it. Alright, but to clear things ups, I am not a grumpy grandpa.” I glared at the maknae, while he whistled, as if he didn’t hear anything.  I swear, I am so done with these boys. Can I really not be a solo rapper?

I sighed, “So what’s this 2nd phase you’re talking about?” I asked, while Eunhae grimaced. Again, she imitated lame drum roll noises, while the two idiots followed her. Once again, I put on my hoodie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter