Problem 1: Love Rival?

M.U (Mutual or Mis-)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 CHAPTER 2 

     Victoria causes chaos.

     It didn’t take long and my friends at work immediately knew about her, therefore the next day I came in to clean up my desk and turn over some files to the other assistant, I was bombarded with questions about her. For a moment there, I felt like a celebrity and all these reporters come up to me endlessly to ask about the most stupid questions.

    ‘How tall is she?’ ‘Does she like Italian food?’ ‘What’s her favourite movie?’ ‘How many exes does she have already?’ As if I know the answer on those! We just met yesterday, it’s not like she provided me her huge slambook… Hayyyys…

    Aside from the males, there’s no way my girlfriends aren’t going to join the buzz; they are actually the first ones to run and invade my cubicle, and even ate lunch there.

     “Why is she in Korea again?” Tiffany asked.

     “Vacation”

     “Why do you have to baby sit her?”

     “I’m not baby sitting her, I’m just going to tour her around” I said as I lock all my Kiroitori collection in the metal drawer below my desk – because most of the time, I don’t know who, once I leave something on my table unattended it disappears.

     “Her father is an important investor of this company… So… SJ Media needs to show off how hospitable and caring their employees are. And good we are in all sorts of tasks”

     The girls all clicked their tongues and pulled faces in ridicule, agreeing along how pathetic it was. If I wasn’t sitting in front of Siwon back then, I would have done the same reaction, honestly.

      “So where is she now?”

     “On the 10th floor executive’s only cafeteria, she saw they’re serving some high-quality steaks for lunch today so she’s staying there while waiting for me”

     “Wow. Steaks… I wonder if there’ll be ever a time they’ll serve us that too. Totally unfair” Taeyeon pouted while she crosses her arms together.

      “Steaks are even more expensive than our salary, babe, so dream off” Tiffany says messing her bestfriend’s beautiful hair. “Anyway, better keep an eye on Victoria though, keep her safe, you know men these days”

     “Of course, I have no plans to be sued by some rich dad because I let his princess be wooed or touched by some random unworthy dude” I chucked.

     “Oh by the way, speaking of rich dads. Did you know Mr. Soo Man was actually here yesterday” Suzy says while taking a huge bite off her salad.

     “He was?” we asked all together and she nodded.

     Lee Soo Man is the CEO. Lee Donghae’s father. He is like the wind, you’ll never feel or hear him arriving in the building unless someone actually told you. Thus it is better if you behave and do your job well all the time, just in case he comes and suddenly does an inspection, then you won’t be in trouble.

     Suzy got the information from her friends from the Admin Department and they said they saw him march on the hallways with Donghae and Siwon walking behind him.

     “Is that why Donghae was in a bad temper?” Taeyeon says.

     “Please~~~ That guy always has a bad temper~” Suzy corrected with a few rolling eyes, then swings her hair to the back. “But according to the others, they heard that the president scolded him inside his office… They said his voice was so loud and in rage that they actually heard it even outside the door. He even compared him to Siwon”

     “Ohhh daaamn…” Tiffany gushes.

     “It really must be so hard to be compared to your half-brother” Taeyeon says. “Way harder when you’re the first son and yet your father prefers Siwon than you”

     “Shhhh… You guys” I quickly shushed them and heads lowered to keep the whispering among us. “This is not a place to talk about that, if we’re caught we’re doomed”

     Apparently, Donghae is a son from his father’s first wife, but they divorced and his father remarried and had another son, who is Siwon. It’s been in talks that Siwon had the higher position between the two brothers because their father prefers him more than Donghae cause he is the one from the woman who he calls his real true love.

     Some people dubs Donghae as the unwanted or neglected son and their father just wants to look like a responsible father for his clients and investors so he kept him in. But those are just rumors, no one really knows the whole story behind. It may be true or not… Either way, I feel sorry for Donghae in some way, and maybe that’s why I like him more, cause I tend to feel pity and care for him.

     I wouldn’t be shock if it’s revealed to be one reason why he is acting such a douchebag at work. I’m pretty sure he just needs some love and hug… Ahhh I’m willing to give him that!~ k k

     After I finished cleaning up and sorting out my files, I went down again to the Creatives Department to remind them of the project revisions due this week.

      “When you’re done, submit it to Tiffany. I’ve briefed her on these materials” I told one of the Senior Graphic Designers. “And please work on it beautifully, nae? Don’t let it have revisions again.”

      “Hmmm that depends. If our head don’t throw a fit on us, then we’ll be in a good mood to work” he says. “How I wish he goes on a vacation for a week”

      “And where will he even go?”

      “I don’t know. Anywhere! Just as long as he doesn’t come to the office”

      As if that’s going to happen. I chuckled in ridicule and quickly said goodbye.

      I needed to go down to the 10th floor, to fetch Victoria, so we can go to Myeongdong. She’s been gushing about it this morning and wanted to go there for there’s an on-going SALE on some of the few stores. She says she wants to shop for shoes, but from visiting her hotel room this morning, I already saw how many shoes she already owns and have brought to Korea, is there really a need to buy new pairs more?

    I went to the elevator and sees a number of people inside it, just how stupid is this company to only have one working elevator? The other has been under maintenance for days now, until today it’s still not fixed?

    Luckily, I have a little frame that I still can fit right in even with the tiniest space left. However as the door starts to shut, and we’re already settled in, it reopens widely again and I heard a few gasp came from behind me then all of a sudden, my fragile body was being pushed and hit by number of shoulders. Someone even stepped on my foot, making me yelp loudly. Truly, it was slightly chaotic, but I’m not really surprised why for Donghae was standing right in front of us with hands shoved inside his pockets.

     Oh come on!!! I groaned inside me as he steps inside that steel transport box and the others dashed their way out. He stood right next to me and raised his hands to press on his floor.

     He seems to be going to 10th floor for he immediately brought it down after seeing it lit up.

     I glanced at him and sees him looking at me with a straight blank face like he used to before, and I just drew a crooked smile on my face, pretending to still be kind and friendly. “Good noon, sir~” I greeted with a slight bow.

     We were the only ones left inside it, and I knew what he’s going to say next so I already expected to hear it again. “Aren’t you getting out?” Ahhh… such a cold cold man…

     I puckered my lips with my smile still unfading. “We’re going on the same floor, sir. So it’s not stopping unnecessarily.” I said uneasily.

     He kept quiet and his eyes are still looking deeply into mine, I couldn’t tell what’s in his mind… making me gulp on harder but I’m still determined to convince him.

      “Look, I don’t ca---“

     “Please, sir?” I cried, cutting him off before he kicks me out again. “Let me ride this one time please? My legs are really sore from climbing the stairs yesterday~ so if I use the stairs again today I will die! And I don’t want to die yet, and particularly not in the staircase!”

     “But I don’t like riding with anyone… So yo---”

     “Don’t worry! You won’t feel my presence at all! I’m just going to stay here” I stepped on the very corner of the elevator, cramping my body on one little space, trying to hide my presence from him. “And I swear I’ll be quiet and invisible… Just don’t make me use the stairs today… please?”

     I clasped both my hands together in a prayer, slightly pouted cutely (for extra charm), and stood there as firm as could.  He didn’t say anything after though, his eyes just scanned me intently for a few seconds and sighed. I really thought he’s already going to call in security or grab me by the collar and forcefully throw me out but no… he just looked away and pressed on [CLOSE].

     My eyes widen and sparkled the moment I saw the doors closing. Eeeeeeep!!!!!!~ it worked! Ahhh! My charm worked! I cried to myself giddily. I’m riding the elevator with him! Ahhh! Success! Sandara Park! Success!

     I kept my spazzing to the down low, no hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter