Big Project

M.U (Mutual or Mis-)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 CHAPTER 1 

      “Hey Dara, is everything set for the Sunshine Project?”

     “uhhhmmm…” I slid my revolving chair across my tiny cubicle and went over the pile of folders resting on my desk. There were a lot of projects this week that couldn’t count how many already, all I know is that most of what’s messing my tiny desk are all ‘project‘ matters. “Yeah. Here it is”

     I pulled out the folder that asked for and handed it out to my senior.

     “Thanks” he says briefly, and flips through the pages. “And the notes?”

     “It’s all written there” I said pointing my pen on the page he’s scanning. “Details, Reinforcement, Timeline and costing…”

     “Awesome” he says with one eye winking and his hand gesturing a gunshot. “You really are the best, Dara”

     I smiled bitterly as I watched him leave and then turned my back to my earlier activity. I’m currently working on a piece, it’s been three days but I’m approximately only 40% done. It’s not a part of my job but because I feel lazy to work and I’m sick of contacting people. I had to put my mind off things and do what relaxes me the most..

     “What are you writing about now?” my next cubicle neighbour asked as she peeks over the wing panel that’s dividing her area to mine. “Is it an article about being an assistant project manager and yet you do all the job that’s supposed to be done by your senior but you do it because he’s a sleazy lazy ?”

     “Oh come on, he isn’t that bad” I defended.

     “Not bad? The guy barely does anything” Tiffany vanished and transferred to the open space of my cubicle with her wallet in hand. “You on the other hand do everything. Even if it’s his task and responsibility, you handle it for him”

     “Well that’s what an assistant do; you make your senior’s life easier” I said, putting my computer to sleep as it’s lunch time and we only have roughly 30 minutes to spend for it. “And if he does it alone, it’ll just be rejected and needed to be redone. I don’t want to go through that trouble. It’s a waste of time”

     “If you’re that good at this job, why don’t you just make this your permanent job then? Screw Twinkle”

     I shook my head and pulled a face. I don’t know how many times I’ve already told her how important Twinkle is for me? Twinkle takes a huge part of my life, it created me to who I am now, it is the very core of my womanhood… Why can’t she understand that?

     “Well, wake up princess, you’ve been working endlessly for that, and still what? You’re stuck in this place” she says, “And also didn’t they already reject you”

     “No. They rejected me not because I have poor skills, they rejected me because they want me to have atleast 2 years-experience. They told me to apply again because they loved me”

     “Psssh please. You’re thinking of that job so much! You’re already 30 and you’re ‘very core of womanhood’ needs to be touched by someone else okay?”

     “Why does it sound like you’re being green or something?” I said as we went downstairs (where the creative graphics department is) to fetch up some more friends. We used the staircase because it’s only one floor below ours.

     “Cause I am!” she laughs. “Think about it! Are there even straight guys in Twinkle? I doubt it. Meanwhile here you have every type of guy to choose from! Smart ones, Athletic ones, Funny ones, rich kids, hot----”

     As we opened their glass doors, Tiffany and my feet were abruptly stopped by the scene. It was awfully quiet in their area when usually you can hear endless chatters and random music playing from cubicles, and everyone’s shoulders are as stiff as board.

     We cautiously walked to where Taeyeon’s table is at. ‘What’s going on?” we asked.

     “Donghae is at it again” she briefly says in a low whisper. “Yura’s getting fired”

     “Fired? Yura?” we both exclaim in shock. Yura is one of the best illustrators. How is she getting fired? “How can that be?”

     “I heard she missed a client’s deadline because she happens to be on a date” Taeyeon says. “And now we lost the account”

     “Oh my, it is a big deal” Tiffany gushes.

     “I don’t blame Yura though, we’ve been stuck here for 5 day straight, even I would want a day out with my boyfriend” Suzy joined us while stirring on the cup of freshly brewed coffee in her hands.

     My eyes closed as I savour its aroma. I do not drink coffee for I couldn’t sleep or function well if I do, but I feel like I still get a proper dose of caffeine even without drinking it because I smell it almost all-day every day.

     Almost everyone in this company is addicted to coffee, too addicted that we can take out all water bottles on dispensers and replaces them with coffee. I know Suzy and Taeyeon drinks like 2-3 cups a day.

     I know it’s bad for one’s health but I can’t really blame them… We work in a high established Advertising and Media Company thus every second, every minute and every hour is like a blur. It’s a very fast paced environment, no slacking or procrastination allowed, you should meet deadlines on time, you must know to multi-task, etc.

     Secondly, situations like this just makes you want to gulp down and entire jar of coffee beans to calm your nerves.

     The door of their Creative’s Head’s office opens and Yura marched out from it with a fuming look placed on her face. The girls that were standing next to me and tiffany earlier suddenly disappeared and went back to their places.

     “YOUUU SUCCCCK! I HATE YOU! I HATE THIS COMPANY!” Yura shouts loudly that echoes inside that department room. “YOU THINK YOU’RE ALL THAT GREAT, BUT WHO ARE YOU TO ORDER US AROUND, YOU DIDN’T EARN TO BE OUR BOSS. WHO MADE YOU HEAD OF US!?!?! YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE THE SKILLS!”

     The man who she’s calling unworthy of his position went out of his office looking as fierce and emotionless as he is. He just watched Yura rage in fire, unbothered as if he is used to see such behaviour – well if you come to think of it, she is the 8th employee he has fired this year and it’s still only April, and everyone had the same reaction – so yeah maybe he is used to it.

     In just one flick of his fingers, the security came over and holds onto her. “Take her out of here” he orders and

     “What a way to treat a woman really” the females whisper to one another. “Heartless. So heartless”

     I felt Tiffany lean over my shoulder from the back and whispered “Tsk. Tsk. Seems like your crush is getting worse day by day”

     I chuckled and placed my finger to my lips to signal her to be quiet about it.

     Apparently, she was telling the truth.

     I do have a crush on Lee Donghae. Despite his nasty image in the workplace. I don’t know why, but he is handsome, okay? And he dresses so neatly, just how does those suits or rolled up long sleeved polo make him look so breath taking, he always look so fresh and someone who smells good all the time. His confidence is a charming in some way too.

     I’m not the only one though, a number in the company foolishly admires him but there’s just more of those who hate him, especially the older ones and the males.

     It is because he is younger than most of us here and the older ones are feeling bitter that they get orders from someone like him. Also, the fact that he is one of the sons of the company’s CEO, made things easier for him. I heard he didn’t really study any course relating to advertising but suddenly he’s been placed to be a Creative Head already. Making people hate him more.

     Also besides his shady family background, he apparently has a rude, cold and nasty personality. I know because I have once been victimized by it.

 

     It was Summer and I have a tray of Starbucks coffees in my hands for the meeting – it’s not my job to get it but I volunteered because I was kind enough to do so – and while I was standing on the street corner waiting for the pedestrian to turn WALK, suddenly…

     “Hey… You work at the SJ Media right?”

     My eyes sparkled by the glimpse of him and my mouth dropped wide open as I scanned what he’s wearing, a white tank top that’s shows off his toned biceps and his chest muscles from how low the neck line was, if I am just allowed to feel them, I would. Didn’t matter if he’s covered with sweat, I just…. Gahhh!

     “You look like you’re on your way there” he says.

     I am completely lost of words that I couldn’t speak. I’m too stunned by the idea that he has recognized me working in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter