Chapter 7

Catch Me I'm Falling For You

            “It’s okay with you that–”

            “Yeah, don’t worry, I don’t believe in that hearsay. It was just made by the past members of this club because one of them was married here. They just heard it from the female guests on how romantic the wedding was because the horse of the member was used in the carriage.”

            Jongdae felt like an airplane fell down on him. How dare Junmyeon say that? He didn’t even let him dream for a while.

            “Some of the members affirmed that hearsay though. Kris and Kai for example.” Junmyeon continued. “But it was their choice. For me, it doesn’t really matter on whom I will ride my horse with. Because in the end, it will be my choice alone on whom should I choose to be with for the rest of my life. I won’t let a mere joke affect one of the most important aspects of my life.” Junmyeon returned the apron that Jongdae snatched from the top of the refrigerator then he faced him and gently tapped his cheek. “So, cheer up! I’ll just give you a tour around the club. I won’t bring you to a church and force you to marry me.”

            Cheer up? Jongdae couldn’t even bring himself to smile. He wasn’t expecting anything from Junmyeon, that was a given fact when he realized that he had fallen in love with him. But whenever Junmyeon becomes so sweet to him, Jongdae can’t help but dream that they are more than friends.

            Jongdae swatted Junmyeon’s hand. “Fine. I’ll go with you. I just want to enjoy my time here in Korea anyway.”

            “You’re going somewhere?”

            “I want to go back to America to continue my work there. My salary is better there.” Jongdae joked. But in reality, he just thought about it just now. He doesn’t have an idea why. Maybe he’s preparing for his major heartbreak that will happen anytime soon?

            His situation right now is so depressing.

            “I thought you were going to stay here for good?”

            “How did you know that?”

            “Your hyungs told me.”

            “My hyungs?” Jongdae can’t help but to get suspicious. “I noticed that you know many things about me because of them.”

            “We’re just talking about you sometimes, that’s all.”

            There you go Jongdae, you got humiliated again. Jongdae sighed. I should stop assuming things. This is not my style, really.

            “I see. If you want to know something about me, just ask me, okay? Because if my hyungs are telling you something, they are like doing math. Adding and subtracting something.”

            “Yeah, I noticed that.” Junmyeon answered while chuckling. “I’ll go now, Jongdae. I’ll just see you tonight.”

            “Tonight? We’re going horseback riding at night?”

            “I mean, later. Later this afternoon.”

            “Ah. Okay.” But after a while, they are both just standing in front of each other and not saying anything. “Junmyeon, I thought you’re going now?”

            “That’s right.”

            “So why are you still here?” Junmyeon just stayed quiet while looking at him. It looks like he still wants to say something but he chose to stay quiet. Jongdae tapped Junmyeon’s shoulder.

            Junmyeon just caught Jongdae’s arm and looked at him with that mysterious glow in his eyes. For a moment, Jongdae tought that Junmyeon’s eyes were fireworks that were lit and his heart starts beating wildly again. Jongdae just leaned on the refrigerator when Junmyeon went near him. He was looking intently at him. And because Jongdae’s heart is getting in the way, he can’t say anything. But so many things were running in his mind right now.

            If Junmyeon kissed me right now, I wouldn’t mind at all! I don’t care what will happen. I also don’t care what he is planning to do with me. Just–

            “Excuse me.”

            Jongdae almost stumbled when there’s someone who recklessly opened the refrigerator door. Good thing Junmyeon caught him. If not, his face will land on the stove.

            “Ryeowook, easy on your brother.”

            Ryeowook?! When Jongdae recovered, he looked at his older brother that was looking suspiciously at him and Junmyeon while drinking his canned beer.

            “Hyung, what are you doing here?”

            “Drinking beer.” Ryeowook glared at Junmyeon.

            Junmyeon cleared his throat. “I’m sorry for disturbing you, Jongdae. I’ll be going now. I’ll see you later. I’m going to fetch you here.”

            Ryeowook just nodded at Junmyeon as a goodbye. Jongdae wondered why are they acting like that but he’s sure that Junmyeon is not afraid of his hyung. But it looks like Junmyeon was avoiding something. Jongdae slapped his hyung’s shoulder.

            “Why did you terrorize Junmyeon? Because of you, he left in a hurry.”

            “What? I don’t know. Maybe he’s guilty of something.”

            “We’re not doing anything wrong.”

            “Not yet. Maybe if I didn’t arrive on time, Heechul hyung’s kitchen will get dirty. He will get mad.” Ryeowook looked at him. “You two have a date later? Just stay in well-lit places, okay? And also, you have to be back before eight.”

            Jongdae rolled his eyes at him. “Duh.”

            Ryeowook placed his arm around him. “Are you really sure about Junmyeon, Chen-chen? You don’t know him really well. And you should not fall in love to someone that you didn’t really know.”

            “I’m not in love with him!”

            “Yeah, right. You two were about to kiss if I didn’t walk in.”

            “We’re not! It’s just your imagination–aw!” His hyung placed his can of cold beer to his face.

            “Who are you kidding? I’m always doing that.”

            Jongdae knotted his forehead. “You’re kissing someone for no reason?”

            “Fool. All kisses have a reason.”

            “And what is that reason?”

            “Tell me, Jongdae. Are you in love with Junmyeon?”

            Jongdae stilled. Is he ready to admit his feelings to other persons? Maybe. But he can’t admit his feelings to Junmyeon to his hyungs. Because matters of the heart were personal things. And he doesn’t want his hyungs to mess up with his personal life.        

            “No.”

            “Okay.” Ryeowook turned away. “Ah, before I forgot. Don’t let Junmyeon kiss you if you don’t love him. That thing is sacred. It’s just for persons who love each other.”

            “Wait, hyung! You’re not answering my question on what is the reason why someone kisses you.”

            “I already answered that.”

-----------------------------

            Jongdae just sighed while watching Junmyeon fix the saddle that they will use on his horse. He looks really good while wearing the club’s uniform. Even from different angles, he doesn’t have any flaw. And Jongdae won’t get tired of looking at him.

            Two more members emerged from the stable while holding their horses’ rein. He immediately recognized the two – Kai and Sehun that he had met at the clubhouse. The two are both handsome and elegant in their uniforms. But his attention is just on Junmyeon.

            “Junmyeon, we heard that you have a date tonight. Does Jongdae know about it?”

            “Maybe he’ll kick your .”

            Junmyeon looked at the two. “Yes, Jongdae knows about it. In fact, he’s here with me.”

            Junmyeon pointed at him and Sehun and Kai looked at his direction. But instead of getting embarrassed, the two just smirked at him.

            “Jongdae, I wasn’t able to thank you yet for what you did to me and my Kyungsoo.”

            “You’re welcome, Kai. How’s Kyungsoo? Are you going to marry him?”

            “Next month. By the way, the thing that’s going on between you and Junmyeon is getting serious?”

            “Maybe you’ll regret your decision.” Sehun said.

            Junmyeon went near him and faced Kai and Sehun. “Leave Jongdae alone, you mere muggles.”

            Instead of listening to Junmyeon, the two just laughed while taking out their phones from their pockets and took pictures of him and Junmyeon. Jongdae wondered why it seems to be okay with Junmyeon while he asked Sehun and Kai to leave them alone.

            “Wait, do Heechul and Ryeowook know that you are taking away their dongsaeng?” Sehun asked. “Maybe we’ll just know that those two kicked your .”

            “They already know about this.” Junmyeon glanced at Jongdae. “I have their blessings.”

            “That’s why I like about you, kid.” Kai said. “You work really fast.”

            “I have to.”

            Jongdae doesn’t understand the flow of their conversation. But because he’s in a good mood, he didn’t say anything. It seems like they see him and Junmyeon as a couple so he’s somehow happy. But Jongdae’s grin was wiped out from his face when there’s a woman who went near them. Her smile is directed towards Junmyeon. He remembered this woman– Lee Hyeyoung, the woman who’s the reason why Junmyeon ditched him on their supposedly lunch together.

            “I knew I’d fond you here. Can we talk for a while, Junmyeon? It’s important.”

            “Ah, can’t it wait? Jongdae and I need to go somewhere.”

             The woman just threw Jongdae a look as if he is a dust. !

            “We’ll just talk for a while, Junmyeon. And anyway, it’s about business so I’m sure that you’ll prioritize it before…” The woman threw him an insulting look again. “Any unimportant stuff. I’m putting up a coffee shop and I’m thinking of getting your company as a major supplier of our coffees. How does that sound?”

            Junmyeon looked at him. It seems like he’s having second thoughts on talking to the “” woman. “Jongdae, can I leave you here for a moment? I’ll just talk to Hyeyoung. I’ll be back in a short while.”

            “Go ahead. How dare you?! You’re choosing that monster over me?! “Business is more important anyway.”

            “It’s not like that, Jongdae–”

            “Yeah, I understand.” Jongdae looked at the vast land in front of him. “I guess I’ll just walk around here.”

            “Wait for me, okay?”

            “Okay.”

            Junmyeon squeezed his hand before going with Hyeyoung. Jongdae really wants to command the horses to kick the woman, if the horses can really understand him. The two doesn’t go that far so he clearly saw how the woman s her arms on Junmyeon’s arm. She was seducing Junmyeon! And that man is just doing nothing!

            “He’s really a playboy!” Jongdae said that Kai and Sehun heard.

            “Don’t mind them, Jongdae. Come on, we’ll just tour you around while the two of them are still talking.”

            “No. Thank you, Sehun.”       

            “You’re really hurting our ego, Jongdae. There’s the two of us who’s more handsome and yet you’re not contented.” Kai said.

            Jongdae looked at them. “You two are going somewhere, right? Just leave me here. I’ll be okay.”

            “But we can’t leave you here. You might do something.”

            “And what will I do?” Jongdae looked at Junmyeon’s direction when he heard the two laughed. “Can I drag that girl around the riding club using these horses? I want to see her ripped into pieces.”

            “Uh…”

            “Never mind. I was just kidding.” But if Jongdae is given a chance, he will do that evil plan because he’s really jealous.

            That Junmyeon didn’t even thought for a second that he’s with someone. He just left him just like that. And he chose to be with that woman. Who’s sane person won’t get jealous ecause of that?

            Jongdae can’t take it anymore. “Can you please bring me to the clubhouse?”

            “You still have a date with Junmyeon, right?”

            “Just wait for him, Jongdae. He’ll be here in a moment.”

            Jongdae just turned his back on Sehun and Kai and made his way to Henry who just arrived. He was riding his own horse and looked at Jongdae with a knotted forehead when he approached him. It’s obvious that Henry’s mood is not good. But Jongdae doesn’t care. His also not in a good mood.

            “Could you take me back to the clubhouse?”

            “And why would I do that?”

            “Because I can help you with Amber.” Jongdae is aware that Henry and Amber are not okay right now.

            Henry thinks for a moment. “And why would I be needing your help?”

            This man is really hard to talk to! “Because you love her and she loves you. Junmyeon be damned if I’m not right.”

            Even if Jongdae didn’t look, he knows that Henry is looking at Junmyeon’s direction before looking at him. He thought that Henry wouldn’t budge. But then he leaned down and reached a hand to Jongdae. But before he could take Henry’s hand, someone grabbed his arm.

            “Jongdae’s coming with me.”

            That was Junmyeon. He’s holding Jongdae’s arm and he reached out for his hand. Then he turned to him with knotted forehead. “Didn’t I tell you that I’ll just talk to Hyeyoung for a whike? And I thought that you’ll just walk around while waiting for me?”

            “I’ve changed my mind.” Jongdae tried to take back his hand but Junmyeon didn’t let go. “I just want to go home instead. Just go back to Hyeyoung. Maybe you two are not done ‘talking’ yet.”

            “Are you jealous of Hyeyoung?”

            Yes! You insensitive prick! “Hah, excuse me! Don’t compare me to that girl. We’re not on the same level.”

            “You’re still not answering my question.”

            “Because it’s not even a question, Junmyeon.”

            “Stop beating around the bush, Jongdae.”

            “Okay, fine. I’m not jealous. Are you happy now?”

            “No.”

            “Fine, then deal with it.” Jongdae tried to pull his hand away. “My hand, please.”

            Junmyeon thinks for a moment. But in the end, he gave up because he sighed chose to let go of his hand. “I’ll take you home.”

            “Okay. But I won’t be riding any horse.”

            “It’ll be faster if we ride a horse.”

            “It’s okay. I’m not in a hurry, anyway.” Jongdae starts to walk. Junmyeon walked beside him. “You don’t need to go with me. I can go back to the clubhouse on my own. It’s not far from here. I can ask Heechul hyung to fetch me there.”

            “My date is cancelled. So, I can’t do anything but to go with you everywhere you go.”

            “Are you regretting it?”

            “Yes.”

            “Then go back to Hyeyoung.” If you want, I can kick you back to her.

            “Why would I go back to her? You’re my date, right?”

            “You want to be with her more, right? You even ditched me just to be with her.”

            “You were the one who told me that it’s okay of we talk for a while.”

            “Whatever.” Jongdae almost got outbalanced when Junmyeon held his arm. He faced him angrily. “What the hell is your problem, Junmyeon? Do you want to injure me or something?”

            “You’re jealous of Hyeyoung earlier, right?”

            “No.”

            “Why is it so hard for you to admit your true feelings?”

            “Because I have nothing to admit.”

            Junmyeon held both of his shoulders. “Tell me the truth, Jongdae. Do you have feelings for me or none?”

            “I refuse to answer that.”

            “Why?”

            “I’m lazy to answer.”

            “Jongdae.” It seems like Junmyeon’s patience is already out based on the way he clench his jaw. “This is the last time I’m gonna ask you.”

            “You don’t have the right to ask me about my personal feelings, Junmyeon. Besides, why are you asking me that? So what if I’m jealous about Hyeyoung? If I have feelings for you, why are you so insistent on knowing about it?”

            Jongdae can clearly see how Junmyeon’s expression changed. He couldn’t read the meaning behind it but he knew it wasn’t good. Because Junmyeon’s grip on his shoulders loosened.

            “You’re right.” Junmyeon said. “I don’t have any right on asking you those kinds of things. Because I can’t even tell you what I really want to say.”

            “What?”

            Junmyeon just smiled. But his smile didn’t reach his beautiful eyes. He just laid a hand on Jongdae. Based on what he can see, it seems like Junmyeon gave up on something that he doesn’t really understand. In any case, Jongdae just accepted Junmyeon’s hand. And when their hands touched, any negative feelings that he felt towards Junmyeon just vanished. It seems like his heart lost its mask.

            Jongdae was still totally in love with Junmyeon.

            Jongdae wants to punch himself. Why is he always changing his mind? Maybe, he needs to get away from Junmyeon so that he could think clearly. But can he take it if he can’t see Junmyeon for a while? He looked at Junmyeon while they are walking holding each other’s hands. He will miss him, that’s for sure. But Jongdae really needs to sort things out. Because everyone will be affected if his thoughts are not organized. And that wasn’t like him.

            The Kim Jongdae that everyone know is a levelheaded person. He’s not like this. Disorganized, redundant and going crazy.

            “Jongdae?”

            “Hmm?” Jongdae wants to cry when he heard Junmyeon say his name the sweetest way possible. He would definitely miss him.

            “I’m sorry about what I said.”

            “Okay.”

            “Are you mad at me?” Jongdae can’t answer. “Can we do this again next time? I mean, go out on a date again?”

            “I didn’t know this was a date.”

            “I know. That’s why next time, I won’t mess up.” Junmyeon pulled Jongdae towards him. “Next time, no one will interfere.”

            That was a promise. But of what? Jongdae knows that he’s the messy one between the two of them.

            Aaahhh! Darn it! I don’t want to ask so many questions!

            “Well?” Junmyeon said.

            “I don’t know.”

            Junmyeon was silent for a moment. Then he sighed heavily again.

            “What more shall I do for you, Jongdae?”

            “Huh?”

            Junmyeon smiled at him. But it was a sad smile. “Nothing.”

 

-----------------------------

Hi everyone! I apologize for not updating for almost a month. Things have been really busy in school and I don't have a time to regularly update this story. Anyway, as you can see, Sehun and Kai talks to Junmyeon informally. Well in this story, let's just assume that they are the same age as Junmyeon, okay? :)