Apology (Author's Note)

Brown Like Cinnamon [Indefinite Hiatus: To Be Rewritten]

It's been almost a full year since I've touched this story...

I want to apologize for abandoning this piece without warning.

As the writer, my only obligation was to create something that would entertain all of you. I wasn't able to do that because I left the story sitting here and, even though I felt awful, never returned to conclude it and eventually forgot about it until today. I let down those of you who were kind enough to follow my story and disappointed everyone who gave me advice as I wrote it.

To clarify, I didn't want to discontinue it. If not for the issues I was having at the time, I wouldn't have tossed this idea in the trash like that. That summer was an extremely difficult time for me. I had been struggling with so much, mental illness and identity issues included, that I failed to keep up with everything. This isn't an excuse for unfinished work, I just wanted to explain myself. 

Because of the manner in which I left AFF, I never thanked those who steered me in the right direction when I considered never writing again. I really appreciate the kind comments and messages I got when writing this, everyone was so encouraging and offered tips that I can truthfully say helped me improve my writing skills. Thank you all very much.

My subscribers were left hanging because of my inadequacy, so I hope you all accept my apology too. This is one of my few regrets as a writer and a person, but I learned from it and will never do anything like it in the future.

I wanted to add this note as an apology, since I never warned anyone about the hiatus and just disappeared. However, I have a new account on AFF, Afro-Kpop-Princex, where I may or may not start writing again! I've improved A LOT as a writer and actually cringed while reading over this story, so expect better of me when I get around to posting stories ~

(Can you believe how out of character Hansol is in this? He's chill af but I wrote him as a hyperactive for my own amusement lmao)