Kicked Out

Brown Like Cinnamon [Indefinite Hiatus: To Be Rewritten]

"JOSHUA."

"No..."

"JOSHUA."

"Hansol, it's too early..."

"IT'S ALMOST NOON."

Joshua sat up, butting heads with Hansol. Rubbing his forehead after the minor collision, he checked his phone for the time. 11:45 PM. Hansol was still wrapped in the blankets, the majority of his face hidden behind his hair, but his voice still as loud as if it were the evening.

"Hansol, why didn't you wake me up?"

"I just did."

"Before it got so late."

"Dalasini told me to let you sleep. Yoogeun's awake though."

"Where's Chan? We need to go."

"WHY???"

"Because you're loud. And we weren't supposed to spend the night anyway."

"But she's cooking breakfast! It would be rude to leave!" Hansol's whining was giving him a headache, so Joshua let it go and left him alone. Chan's voice could be heard coming out of the kitchen, meaning he was most likely following Dalasini around and hitting her with a million questions. 

"Chan's looking forward to an American breakfast. It's been FOREVER since I've had french toast. Dalasini is really nice to you for some reason."

"Hansol, shut up. She's been nice to all of us. Make sure you thank her before we go-"

"WHAT ABOUT BREAKFAST???"

"You can stay if you calm down."

Dalasini stepped out of the kitchen, Chan clinging to her side and Yoogeun with an arm around her leg, to see if Joshua had woken up yet. She got her answer after hearing Hansol's whining a moment ago but checked in case the older boy had fallen back to sleep. Joshua was still on the floor, a blanket wrapped around his head in an attempt to block out Hansol's morning speech. I don't know where Hansol gets all that energy from. I can't tell if he has something to say or just likes the sound of his own voice. She let it be, figuring Joshua would eventually get up because of it. Chan had woken up first and, despite every attempt not to, managed to wake up Yoogeun. In turn, Dalasini was awake by seven in the morning and had spent the entire time answering questions. She wasn't bothered by it though, since Chan wasn't as "enthusiastic" as Hansol was.

"Dala noona?"

"Yes?"

"I think Joshua hyung is giving up." He pointed to his hyung, who was now being crushed under Hansol. 

"WAKE UP JOSHUA."

"Hansol...get off..."

"CHAN HELP ME WAKE UP JOSHUA!"

Chan, later followed by Yoogeun, joined Hansol on Joshua's back. Dalasini should have told them to let Joshua sleep a little while longer, at least until breakfast was done. But if they were messing with Joshua that meant they weren't with her, so she had some time alone to think about what she should do next. Just at that moment, Yoogeun ran back into the kitchen with her cellphone.

"Ring Ding Dong~"

"Thank you, Yoogeun." Another text message from Kakao Publishing.

Kakao: You informed us that you've already written your first book. Translation costs will come to around 10'000 won per chapter for one of our professional translators. The additional publishing costs, as we mentioned before, would start at a bare minimum of 100'00 won as the publisher fee. To print off the minimum number of copies you will need an estimated 1.7 million won. Please understand that you need to tell us the expected deadline for your work.

It's like they could sense when she was finally able to relax. It didn't matter, at least she knew exactly what needed to be done. And now wasn't the time to be worrying about Kakao, Yoogeun was her major responsibility. Following the text from Kakao, she saw Yoo-mi had sent her a text as well.

Yoo-mi: I hope Yoogeun is behaving himself. I forgot to mention before but I was hoping he could stay for a few more days? We have a conference in Busan this week and I thought you wouldn't mind.

"I should mind but for whatever reason I don't." Dalasini sat the phone down and went into the front room where Joshua was now completely hidden by blankets...and Hansol.

"WAKE UP!"

"No...not yet..."

"How are you still able to sleep? Can't you smell the french toast? Joshua, wake up!"

"In a minute..."

"Your phone's ringing."

"No it isn't."

"It's Seungcheol hyung. Can I answer it?"

"Don't touch my phone, Hansol."

"ANSWER IT THEN."

Dalasini didn't see a point in interrupting them since it seemed like an everyday thing for those two. Chan and Yoogeun will just eat breakfast first then. She called the younger boys and made sure they were settled before returning to where Joshua and hansol were fighting over the phone.

"Hansol..."

"Don't hiss at me. You sound like my sister."

"Guys, the phone is still ringing." She figured they wouldn't catch on until it was too late so she picked up the phone and answered it.

Dalasini: Hello?

Seungcheol: Hello? Did Joshua lose his phone again?

Dalasini: No, he's here. But he's, uh, busy. I'm Dalasini, they spent the night at my apartment.

Seungcheol: Oh, thank you. At least I know someone was looking after those dorks. Can you do me a favor and tell Joshua that I need them back at the dorm soon. We have a problem."

Dalasini: Of course. I'll tell him after I get Hansol off him."

Seungcheol: Those kids...anyway, thank you. Maybe we'll meet and I can thank you in person!"

Dalasini turned back to Joshua and Hansol, "Breakfast is ready."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO???"

Hansol got off of, and tripped over, Joshua and ran into the kitchen with Chan and Yoogeun. She started folding the blankets and tried pulling Joshua's off. 

"Joshua, let go."

"I'm not ready."

"Seungcheol called you. It was important, he said, that you come back to the dorm."

"Okay..."

"Eat breakfast first."

"No..."

"JOSHUA SHE MADE FRENCH TOAST." Hansol's voice called out from the kitchen, overshadowing Chan and Yoogeun. Dalasini tugged at the blanket again.

"I'll call Seungcheol."

"Alright, he said there was a problem."

"Great...oh, he sent me a text anyway."

Seungcheol: I need you guys back here soon. There's a problem with the dorms. We'll need to find another place to stay for a while.

"I wonder what happened..." Joshua was about to call back when Hansol's voice called out form the kitchen again.

"WE'RE KICKED OUT???"

"Sounds like he called Hansol too."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

I know this update was mostly dialogue but the next chapter will be longer and hopefully I can finally get to the part I've been so eager to write. Sorry this took so long, it probably was a bit of a disappointment after waiting a few days.