chapter 5

Everything Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning, Jessica didn’t told her parents anything for what happened last night. Ji Seok wanted to ask Jessica, but she’s afraid, that ice princess ‘attack’ them once again.

 

 

Jessica will turn to be a very icy princess when someone pissed her off. Hye Bin also a little bit worried with Jessica, and wondered, what have Taeyeon done to her older daughter last night, that made her until this level.

 

 

When Ji Seok and Jessica already big goodbye to Hye Bin, Jessica looked for a while to Taeyeon’s house, then Ji Seok asked her, “Sooyeon-ah, you wanna wait for Taeyeon…?”

 

 

“Ah…? N-no, I’m not…”

 

 

“Hayeon told me this morning when we both throwed garbage outside the house, that both of them will go to school early…”

 

 

“Who cares…?” Jessica spoke lowered.

 

 

“What did you said just now…?”

 

 

“Nothing… Come on, dad… Let’s just, go to school for now…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Hayeon walk to school early that morning, and they didn’t go with Jessica and her father, since she knows, Jessica still mad at her.

 

 

But, one thing she remembered about Jessica the most, her lips.

 

 

Last night, when she wanted to sleep, those lips of Jessica’s was all she wanted to landing on hers. Taeyeon didn’t know why, but it’s making her whole back hair goosebumps when she’s remembered about it again.

 

 

She really can’t sleep well, and those pink and soft lips of Jessica kept hunting her. To make her remind again, it was indeed her second kiss.

 

 

“… guess what, I didn’t even noticed it was my friend’s paper answer…” Hayeon talked to herself, when she realised Taeyeon didn’t heard her talking about how her hand involuntary doodled on her friend’s school work.

 

 

“Unnie…?”

 

 

“Ah, yeah…?”

 

 

“Gee… Looks like someone still in dreamland…”

 

 

“S-sorry… I didn’t sleep well last night.”

 

 

“Just, tell me, what happened to both of you last night? Sica unnie really in bad mood, she’s almost destroy our door house last night…” Hayeon jazz up about the incident, and chuckled by her own words.

 

 

“She… I… Huh… Forget it… Can you, please quicker your move?” Taeyeon tried to changed their topic.

 

 

Hayeon don’t understand about her sister’s sudden swing mood, but lucky for Taeyeon, Hayeon already used to it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Tae, are you making a new enemy this year?” asked Soo Young. She’s also realised Jessica suddenly put her poker face and didn’t even talk with Taeyeon the whole day.

 

 

“Huh… I’ll tell you later…” Taeyeon said.

 

 

When it’s time for music lesson, Ji Seok brought all of 4A students to the music room. Every Thursday, 2 period before recess, 4A students will got a chance to ‘ruin’ the safe and sound of school’s surrounding.

 

 

As Taeyeon and Jessica who distanced themselves from each other, Taeyeon told her  other best friend about what really happened to both of them. Taeyeon never kept any secret towards her best friend, and that’s why lots of them likes to befriend with her.

 

 

“Okay, girls… I know, some of you still didn’t know me well… I’m Jung Ji Seok, your new music teacher… As well like your previous year, you will always given a task not just for paper task, but also for my class, music task… For this our first gathered, I will give you the simple task…”

 

 

Jessica a little bit impressed with her own father’s speech. He’s so different rather than her usual dorky father in house.

 

 

“First of all, you will be working in PAIRS, not groups of three, not single…” he says, looking to some of them, especially towards Jessica and Taeyeon.

 

 

“And second of all… I will be matching students randomly…”

 

 

“Randomly…?” asked Soo Young, who’s already took her sit with their group; herself, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona, Hyomin and Woori.

 

 

“Like Woori taking a multiple choice test!” answered Hyoyeon, making Woori knocked Hyoyeon’s head.

 

 

“You shut up…” Woori spoke, as the others chuckled with their own bestie dorkiness moment.

 

 

Ji Seok then pulls out a jar from her bottom drawer, inside there’s something contained, lots of slip of paper, “On each of these slips of paper, I’ve written one of your names… I’ll select two names at a time,” Ji Seok explains. “The classmate you’re paired with will be your partner for this task…”

 

 

The class starts buzzing. They all understand the stakes.

 

 

They could end up with someone great, or they could get stuck with a total dud.

 

 

The best partners with Taeyeon are pretty obvious: Yuri, Yoona or Woori would be fantastic. Getting paired with Hyomin would be beyond awesome. And of course whoever gets paired up with Hyoyeon is hitting a major jackpot. Cause well, she’s the most dorkinest among the dorky students in here, even Taeyeon can’t beat her choding behaviour.

 

 

The suspense is killing everybody. Finally, when all of them quite for a while, waiting for their name being paired up with someone maybe by their own bestie, Ji Seok reaches into the jar and picks out the first two slips, then he reads aloud those pairs.

 

 

Ji Seok continued picks out the other two slips and pairs already made up around 16 pairs.

 

 

“Only left…? Wait up, me, Hyoyeon, Soo Young, Amber, Aom, and… Tae… Yeon…?” Jessica thought.

 

 

“Soo Young…,” Ji Seok picks another paper, “… and Amber.”

 

 

Taeyeon shoot a quick look at Soo Young and Amber. They don’t exactly look thrilled, but she’s pretty sure they both realise one thing:

 

‘It could have been worse…’

 

Ji Seok continues, “Hyoyeon and Aom…”

 

 

“Oh, my, god… Is dad tried to prank me…? He obviously do this purposely so she will be my partner…!” Jessica yelled out loud in her mind.

 

 

Jessica’s stomach does a swan dive down to her shoes. Taeyeon hasn’t been paired with anybody yet. So do her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter