Chapter 16

Dreaming of Reality

The two ate happily and Kibum would sometimes look at their waiter and smile at him, just to annoy the guy.  Of course, Kevin won't notice.  He was too busy looking outside the window and pointing out random things that amuse him to Kibum.  "Hyung, look at that guy!" or "Hyung, that girl is cute!" were mostly what Kibum heard throughout their lunch.

After paying for everything (with Kibum wrapping an arm around Kevin's waist while the waiter was looking and Kevin giggling because it was ticklish), the two strolled out to continue their tour around the neighborhood.  Kevin found an antique shop that sells all sorts of different things - from blowhorns to hats to necklaces and, to Kibum's amusement, even toys.  Kevin's eyes widened and he blushed ten shades of red when the shopkeeper tried to sell them an ancient toy 'to spice up their nights', mistaking the two as lovers.  Kibum laughed and politely declined, saying that they were just looking around.  He bowed as he led Kevin out of the shop.

"I remember my mom once telling me that ... curiosity can be dangerous," Kibum joked as he pulled Kevin by the wrist.  Kevin pouted.  "I didn't think she'd want to sell something like that to me!" he defended as he allowed himself to get pulled.  He saw another shop that looks much safer than the one they were just in.  "Let's go there," he pointed and pulled Kibum into the shop.

---

After what seemed like hours of endless walking and sightseeing, the two were walking back to AJ's house where they were staying.  Kibum ended buying Kevin a large teddy bear, matching kitten phone straps and lots of sweets.  They were laughing to some joke and a funny recollection of something they saw earlier as they entered the house.

"Oppa!"

The two stopped into the hallway of the house and looked at where the voice came from.

"Kibum-oppa!" A young female Hoon suddenly launched into Kibum, causing the guy to step back a bit to not lose his balance.  Kevin's teddy bear, which he was holding, fell to the ground.  The girl adjusted herself so that Kibum can clearly see her face.  "Eun Young?" Kibum asked.

Kevin looked curiously at the two in front of him, a bit annoyed at the girl for making Kibum drop his teddy bear.  He was about to pick up the forgotten bear when a hand reached for it faster than him.  "A bear!  Kibum-oppa got me a bear!" Eun Young said, cuddling the large brown bear.

Kevin blinked.  That bear was his! He scrunched up his face and was about to tell the girl when AJ's voice was heard.

"Kibum-hyung! Kevin! You two are back," he said.  He looked from Kibum's shocked face to Eun Young's happy one to Kevin's annoyed look.  He didn't know if he cut in at the right time or not.  "Uh, dinner's ready," he just said as he excused himself away again.

Kevin stomped away from the two and proceeded to the kitchen after AJ.  Kibum was going to follow Kevin to the kitchen but Eun Young held his arm.  When he faced the girl to ask why, Eun Young hugged him again.  "Uh, Eun Young, you can give the bear back now," he said as he freed himself.

"You know I love dogs more than bears, but it's okay! At least oppa got me a welcoming gift," she told Kibum.  Kibum was about to tell her that the bear was Kevin's, but the girl was already skipping to the kitchen with the bear.

Kibum groaned, not really anticipating tonight's dinner.