Chapter 17

Dreaming of Reality

 

Kibum entered the kitchen and saw that only two seats remained free.  Four, actually – but the remaining two seats did not have the table set before it.  AJ was sitting at one end of the table, next was Kevin and a free seat.  Hoon was at the other side, then Eun Young and then the other free seat.  The last seats were at the head of the table.  So he had to choose between sitting with an annoyed Kevin and an over enthusiastic Eun Young.  Eun Young saw Kibum and pat the seat beside her.  The oldest boy sighed.

Kibum took the seat next to Kevin and shot the boy an apologetic look.  Kevin nodded.  He wasn’t mad at Kibum … just upset because he let the new girl take his bear away.  Kevin was fine by it, it’s not like he and Kibum dated.

Eun Young pouted when Kibum took his seat across the table.  “Who’s coming?” Kibum asked, indicating the remaining plate.  “Hoonbi hyung,” Hoonmin answered.  Kibum nodded to show he understood.  Hoonbi, Hoonmin’s older brother, was joining them for dinner.  “He’s not here yet?” Kibum asked.

Obviously, hyung.  You won’t be asking that if he was here,” AJ muttered.  Kevin laughed quietly and Kibum nudged him.  “Yah, you’re supposed to be on my side,” Kibum told him as he cut up his plate of roast.

“Oppa,” Eun Young said.  “Kibum-oppa!”

Kibum looked at Eun Young.  “Mhmm? What is it?

Eun Young looked at him and pursed out her lips.  “You haven’t introduced us,” she answered, looking curiously at Kevin.  Kevin looked up from his plate and bowed to Eun Young.  Kibum put down his fork and knife.  “Oh, he’s Kevin,” Kibum said.  “He came with me here.”  Kibum smiled at Kevin as he put an arm around the younger guy.  “Kevin, she’s Eun Young, Hoonmin’s younger sister.  She’s two years younger than me … so that makes her a year younger than you.”  Kevin smiled at her sweetly, despite still being annoyed.

Eun Young nodded.  “So, he’s your friend?”  She asked.  “I’ve never heard of him before.

Kibum and Kevin looked at each other briefly before Kibum answered.  “I just met him.  He, uh, he works as a model for Jung Min hyung.

Jung Min-ssi?  You mean Hyung Jun oppa’s lover?”  Eun Young asked.  Hoon coughed to get his sister’s attention.  “Eun Young-ah, let’s just eat, okay?

Eun Young looked at her brother.  “What? I’m only asking,” she told him.  “Kibum oppa, I thought Kiseop oppa was your bestfriend?”  Kibum raised an eyebrow.  “He still is,” he said.

Then why is he not with you?”  Eun Young paused.  “You just met but you’re already traveling overseas together?

Kevin felt offended at Eun Young’s statement.  It wasn’t his choice to come here in the first place!  He paused in eating his food and bit his lip.

AJ felt that Kevin tensed up beside him.  He looked at Kibum and saw that the older’s still thinking of a reply.  “Eun Young-ah, that’s rude.

But AJ oppa, I’m just asking,” Eun Young defended.  Hoon put a hand on her sister’s shoulder to stop her.  “Why are you two ganging up against me?  Kevin oppa’s not stopping me … why you two?

AJ and Hoon looked at each other and sighed.  “Eun Young-ah, don’t speak to your oppas like that,” Kibum warned.

Eun Young pouted.  “I just wanted to know.

Dinner continued quietly for a few more minutes.  Eun Young was not hiding her annoyance and was using her utensils as forceful as she could.  Hoon had to stop her from cutting up the plate because she was putting all her anger into the meat.

When AJ finally had it, he dropped his utensils in annoyance.  “They’re lovers okay?  Kevin is Kibum hyung’s boyfriend,” he blurted out.  “So stop acting like a kid just because Kibum hyung won’t look at you!”  He knew it was a lie, but he needed something that will shut Eun Young up.

The four other people in the room looked at AJ, wide-eyed.  Hoon waited for AJ to say he was kidding.  Kibum gulped and clenched his fists on his lap.  Kevin lowered his hand to hold Kibum’s wrist and squeezed it because he felt like dying now.

Eun Young’s voice brought them back to the world.  “WHAT?!

Kibum choked on his food and coughed, feeling four pairs of eyes instantly on him.  His stomach felt like turning itself upside down, so he drank some water to prevent himself from vomiting.

Kevin closed his eyes and covered his face with his hands.

Hoon … well, he was at a loss for words.  He just stared there dumbly and blinked.

Eun Young could not contain her shock.  Her eyes went from AJ to Kevin to Kibum and back.  She looked at her brother for any confirmation, but he was not much of a help.

AJ … AJ was peacefully eating his food, happy that he can eat in silence without hearing a shrill voice constantly bugging an awkward Kibum.

---

I do update fast. Even I amaze myself o.o

this must mean I love writing this story much more than I think :))

and I must say ... I love AJ here. I think you all do too :333

AJ's like ... "I shut her up, praise me!" and Hoon's like ... "AJ ... you're dead meat" :333