A Shocking Taste

Blue Coffee [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3: A Shocking Taste

One week had passed since Park Chorong’s infamous tantrum scene with Wu Yifan. It’s been the talk of the univeristy. The incident caused Chorong’s position in the student council, somehow lessening her image as an independent, reliable, and responsible young lady to the student body. Most of the students sided with her – saying that her actions were reasonable and she was just another victim of a pretty-faced jerk. There were also several students who didn’t seem to believe the ex-vice president’s story, stating that they only heard one side of the story. And the rest honestly don’t give a damn about the the two’s relationship.

The professors and faculty have heard of Chorong’s seemingly disappointing acts from their students, or fellow professor. They had no say in the matter but some of them were not such nice people to not give her disapproving stares.

Chorong felt once again. The whole campus turn their heads when she passes by. The students’ murmurs did not make her feel good about herself; even if most of them only pitied her and found her ex-boyfriend guilty. Her proffesors’ meaningful looks made her feel small. The unwanted attention of bystanders caused her to hang her head low whenever she enters the gates of the school. How humiliating.

How embarassing.

When she tried to think light of the situation, she reasoned that it would be even more disgracing for her if the plan had succeeded the way it should be.

But then he ran away…

Millions of upsetting thoughts entered her mind on a daily basis now.

For one whole week, he didn’t go to school. That must be one of the greatest reasons why all the attention directed on her. By doing so, he only proved once more of how guilty he was. The fact that he escaped without protecting himself…

 

In all honesty, the ex-girlfriend didn’t like it.

His different reactions, expressions, everything… It wasn’t what she expected from him.

 

Her friends weren’t successful on making her feel better either.

“Hey unnie~ “

Namjoo clung to her, beaming with unlikable radiance which brought about an unpleasant grimace on her face. A tiring day had just ended, and her friend still managed to shine like the gem she was no matter what situation she’s in.

“I saw a new cute chop near my house. Let’s go~” Namjoo stated.

Chorong responded to her invitation with a groan. Meaning, a big N-O.

“Unnie!” Namjoo’s yell was definite sign of her whining again.

Oh crap, not again.

“50% sale!” Not failing Chorong’s predictions, her unbelievably ear-shattering wail attracted the people passing by them on the sidewalk and gave them odd stares.

Chorong covered her ears as Namjoo repeated “50% sale!” over and over until she had no choice but to reluctantly agree with the young one’s request.

“If you shut up the whole way there and the whole way back, I’ll go,” she managed to say.

In a flash, Namjoo shrieked in delight and grabbed her hand.

 

“…plus! You pay for me!”

 

They weren’t succesful. Really. Only a bit.

 

*****

 

“Did you hear?”

“What?”

“He’s back!”

 

“You would not believe who I just so a while ago…”

“Somehow, he feels different…”

“How so?”  “He’s still a user though…”

 

“Oh god…”

“I know right!”

“Why did he ask for her?”

 

 

Terrible whispers, and curious people.

 

Park Chorong felt sick in her stomach. She could hear every single word that parts from their mouth as she was en route to her English class early in the morning. They spoke with their crew while their eyes followed her. Just… terrible.

The most sickening statement would definitely be the last sentence she he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter