Finale: I, I Love You

Definitely Just You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

More than a week had passed since Seri had snapped and during that period, Fany had stayed with Taec in his house. In order to keep her protected from her own sister, he drops her at the flower shop, takes nearly three hours of break to have lunch with her, and take her home. Every day, he made sure that she’s home by 5pm and he never took overtime work in the office. In short, he has been her body guard, worried that she would be attacked by her crazy sister again. Fortunately, that did not happen, and this indeed made them closer, and more in love with each other.

She was already packing up to end the day, expecting Taec to arrive any minute soon. The door to her shop opened as the door chimes rang, and she turned around with a smile, thinking it was the man he had been missing for the past three hours. However, a frown immediately appeared as she saw the person she was not prepared to see.

“Fany-ah…” Seri started and Fany just breathed deeply.

“Look, oppa’s going to be here in any minute now… and I think you should leave… you do know that more than me, he doesn’t want to see you… more so, you being near me…” Fany crossed her arms as she went behind the counter, just for defense purposes.

“Just hear me out please, Fany-ah…” Seri added on and Fany kept silent, being indifferent as she tended to the flowers on the counter. “I’m sorry… I know that I crossed the line for saying all those things to you… I know that you must be disappointed in me, because I let a simple issue like that ruin our relationship… I never meant to say those bad things to you, and I also regret hurting you like that…” Seri looked sincere as she choked on her tears.

“I snapped… I was just frustrated on being a single mother and it was just too hard to raise Jaerim alone, that I wanted the first man I had in mind to be his dad… I didn’t want my son to grow without a father figure because I’ve seen students who were hurt because of an incomplete family… I didn’t want that future for my son…” she continued on and Fany calmed down as she could feel the pain coming from her sister. “I was wrong, and I just wanted someone that would accept me and Jaerim, and I thought that Taec was that someone, who could make us happy…”

“I know that it was wrong for me to be selfish… I didn’t care about your feelings or Taec’s feelings and I know that I’m a horrible sister for that… you must think that I am a spiteful sister for all the things I did… and believe me, I’m really sorry… I would understand if you would still hate me but please, please do know that I greatly regret all those things… I would do anything to make you forgive me…” she added and by that time Tiffany was already sniffing, to control her emotions.

“Unnie… you cannot force someone to make you happy… and you were right…, I started hating you… but do you know what oppa told me? That whatever happens, you’re still my sister and that’s something I couldn’t change… and that you have to love family… and to keep that bond, you cannot judge the actions of that person…, you have to try to understand and in the end, accept your family’s actions…” Tiffany spoke which made Seri cry more.

“Unnie… I admit that I cannot forgive you right away, but we’ll get there, I promise…” Fany added and moved to hug her sister.

They were in each other embrace when the door opened once again. Taec was surprised to see Seri there and at his first instinct, he wanted to pull away Fany from Seri as he still regarded her as a threat. However, upon seeing Tiffany smile at him, he understood that they had made up and with the tears and sincere eyes of Seri, he knew that she should have realized her mistakes.

“Taecyeon-ah…” Seri spoke as she dried her tears. “I know that I was out of line, and that I has scared the two of you with my actions… I just want to apologize for everything, and I promise that I would never in any way, cause something like this again… you should be angry with me, but I hope you would forgive me in time…” Seri spoke and gave him an apologetic bow.

“Ani, that’s alright now…” Taec spoke as he gestured to Fany, to stop her sister from bowing at him. “What’s important is that you have realized your mistakes, and that Tiffany has forgiven you… that’s already forgiven… I just hope that you would fulfil your promise and that this won’t happen again…” he added.

“Thank you very much, the two of you… don’t worry… I’ll keep my promise…” She gave Tiffany’s hand a light squeeze and gave Taec a sincere smile. “I’ll be going then…” she walked a few steps towards the exit but turned around. “But I hope I can see you any day soon in the house… Jaerim misses you… and I also missed the girl talks with my sister…” she looked at Tiffany and her younger sister nodded.

“I will come over soon… I miss him too…” Fany replied with a smile. And with that, Seri waved them goodbye as she left the two alone.

“Oppa… maybe I should get back in the house…” Tiffany spoke as he placed an arm around her shoulder, walking with her to his car.

“You sure? You won’t miss my bed?” he teased and she slapped his arm, before she went in the car. “That would be alright with me… but I don’t think I’ll be used to it anymore… how about you sleep over at my place at least once a week?” he bargained and she could just giggle as she agreed.

It was three days after they reconciled when Tiffany moved back to her sister’s house. And in order to celebrate her coming back, Seri cooked a feast for her and also invited Taec for dinner. Sure, there were awkward moments as the bitter events just happened a few weeks earlier, and no matter how she controlled herself, she was still attracted to Taec and whenever she sees him carry Jaerim around comfortably, she could just sigh deeply and shake off the thoughts, forcing herself to move on.

More weeks passed and Seri was becoming used to seeing Taec around, without that tension going on anymore. She was now successfully seeing him as a brother and she was proud of herself. She stopped being bitter and she even teases the two of them sometimes, as she joked whenever she sees her sister sneaking in the middle of the night or early morning on days or nights she’s not ‘scheduled’ to sleep over at Taec’s.

“Hey… are you up for a drink tonight?” the man on the other line asked Taec who was busy scribbling on little pieces of paper.

“You know I’m busy… it’s already tomorrow and I am not yet close to done here, Khun-ah…” Taec replied thru speaker phone as he continued moving his pen.

“We told you that we are willing to help… but no, you refused… even if you know that your handwriting is the worse out of all of us… are you sure she’s going to find that legible?” Khun teased.

“Stop with the mocking… I know that I don’t write as beautiful as you do, but at least this would show my sincerity right?”

“Okay fine… good luck tomorrow then…” Khun added and Taec could hear the other guys yelling beside Khun, also wishing him good luck.

“Neh komawo, bye…” Taec responded and dropped the phone, and went back concentrating on writing his messages.

It has been the eight night he spent without getting a good sleep and even if he was already tired, he doesn’t stop as he knows that it would be so worth it. Lucky for him, Fany has not stayed in his house the past week as Jaerim was sick and Seri needed an extra hand. If not for this coincidence, he would surely be caught and his plans would have been down the drain.

The dawn was about to break and he had just gotten not more than two hours of sleep after finishing almost all his preparations. His alarm went off just in time and he went back to doing his event once again, as he made a mess in his kitchen.

After a few hours, he cleaned up his living room, made the necessary calls, asked permission from his building’s management and placed his props in a bag, ready to leave the house.

His first stop was the pet shop he had visited a few days back and picked up the white furry friend he chose, including some pet necessities. Next, he visited a nearby flower shop. Even if it is a rival of Tiffany’s store, he had no choice as his plans would be ruined if done otherwise. He was sure that she would understand as it would only be occasional, whenever he only plans surprises for her.

Now it was the time to see the woman of the day, as he dropped by her shop. It was the busiest time of the day and he knew that she would be too busy to notice that he’s planting some surprise in her own shop.

“Honey, I forgot something in your car the other day… can I borrow your keys?” he made a white lie after he pecked her cheek as a greeting.

“Sure, just get it in my purse…” she replied as she rushed back to tend her flowers. He found her keys and went in her car.

“Hmm... where should I put this…” he pondered as he looked around his car. After a while, he found the best place to have his surprise # 2 and he grins as he gets back in the flower shop. “I’ll put the keys back in your purse, okay… I’ll be leaving then… still got a meeting…” he added and kissed her cheek again. But before he left, he made sure that surprise # 1 was on her counter, visible yet not going to distract her until it was time.

Whistling, he drove back to his house and finished his preparations. He took surprise # 3 in his hands and brought them inside the elevator, and to the lobby. As he had asked the management, the lobby was simply decorated for his event and residents were also informed of the beautiful inconvenience. He smiled as he looked up at his set surprise # 3 before he went back up to his unit.

He had set up surprise # 4 as he hung it on his door and soon enough surprise # 5 featuring the fluffy dog was done. He checked for the last time the gift he had made in the kitchen and tasted it to double check. He placed them back in the fridge, along with the bouquet with surprise # 6 planted among the flowers, to keep the flowers fresh and nicely bloomed, a lesson he learned from Fany.

Finally, he placed the last surprise in his room, just at the foot of his bed. Now, all was ready, and he strongly prays that she had already found the first surprise.

She was about to make her afternoon coffee, when she saw an unfamiliar bottle on her desk. Fany opened it and did her best to get the piece of paper inside it. “What could this be?” she whispered to herself as she wondered who could have left it there.

“We'll do it all… Everything, on our own… We don't need… Anything, or anyone… - meet me at my place? – Taec ♥”

She smiled through the message and even if she wants to call him to tease his silliness, she stopped herself as she wanted to see how ‘romantic’ Taec could be. She closed the shop early and went to her car, excited to see her boyfriend. But, just as she was about to start the engine, she was surprised to see something hanging on her rear view mirror. She took the second bottle and read the message in it.   

“You make me laugh every day and I don't quite know… How to say, how I feel… Those three words… Are said too much, they'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter