Chapter 3: Perfect Two

Definitely Just You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stands by the pick-up counter, waiting for his coffee to be brewed and sandwich to be heated. He had always stopped by that café before going to work ever since he arrived in Seoul, and he admits that they have good coffee. He glances at his watch and peeks at the status of his order before he took out his phone and presses keys wake the special lady with a morning messages, just as he had been doing the past few weeks.

He puts his phone back in his coat pocket as he waits for her reply, which was usually filled with aegyo. In a few seconds, his name was called by the staff and his coffee cup was served at the counter, but his sandwich was still not done. As he waited, he felt a tap on his left shoulder and he turned around to see someone he did not expect.

“Morning, fancy bumping into you here…” she smiled at him.

“Hello too, ssaem…” he awkwardly greeted.

“You don’t have to call me that anymore… I’m not your teacher anymore… just call me Seri-ssi or noona, if you want…” she spoke.

“I don’t think that’s…” Taec was not comfortable with it. Maybe if they did not have that awful history, it would be alright, but it was not the case.

“SeYoung calls me unnie.., and since you’re her friend too, then shouldn’t that also apply to you? Plus, I don’t feel good with a grown man like you, still calling me ssaem… people might think that I’m too old, being a teacher to a twenty six year old man… isn’t it?”

“Geurae… Seri noona…” he awkwardly called.

“That’s better…” the woman spoke with a wide smile. “Do you always go here for breakfast?”

“Yes… it’s on the way to my office, so it’s convenient to just pick up breakfast…”

“You and Fany are alike… she also loves this café very much… but I’m not that of a fan…” she revealed, and Taec showed a confused expression, wondering why she was here if she did not like the café’s food or drinks. “I actually just came here to pick up Fany’s coffee… she can’t survive a day without her Hazelnut Macchiato… now that she’s required to rest, I’ll be her servant for a little while…”

“What happened?” he was immediately worried, but kept it discreet, upon hearing that Fany needed to rest a lot.

“That clumsy girl fell down the stairs as she was reading a message from her phone… she was too immersed in her phone giggling, that she did not notice Jaerim’s toy scattered on the steps, so she rolled down the stairs, and now her foot is in a cast… good thing that I was at home, or else how would she get to the hospital to get her foot checked…”

“Really?” he could only ask that one word as he could recall the messages he had exchanged with Fany the night before. After he had made a cheesy joke, she stopped replying and he assumed that she had fallen asleep. He did not know that this would be the result of his “do you like raisins?” question that eventually led to “how about a date?” 

Their names were simultaneously called and her coffee was handed to Seri, while his sandwich was also given to him. “I’ll get going then… nice seeing you ssa--, ani, noona…” Taec hurriedly went back to his car, not even able to hear the woman’s farewell.

“I guess that’s how awkward times with you would be…” Seri mumbled before she left the café and headed back to the house to take care of her sister.

My scrunched up feelings keep seeping out oh
I try to hide and cover it but it all comes out oh
As I see you, who I can’t touch
I hide because my small shadow might be seen

Oh, with trembling steps, I carefully approach you
Oh, the closer I get to you
Somehow the more I’m afraid that
You’ll get farther away

As he rode his car, he instantly checked his phone to see that she had already replied with ‘morning to you too^^ are you on your way to the office? Hope you’ll have a bright day, bbuing :>’ He could only smile at her cuteness, and he rang her up as he drove to his office building.

“Hello?” the woman spoke.

“So do you like raisins?” he asked with a smile and the woman on the other line immediately laughed at his unique greeting.

“Ani…” she replied after calming herself down

“How about a date?”

“Uhmmm, it’s not that convenient for me…”

“It’s because you had too much fun with that raisins question that you fell and hurt yourself, am I right?”

“How did you know…?” she was amazed that he knew that. “Stalker?”

“I saw your sister at the café… and she told me about it…” he revealed. “Tsk tsk tsk… do you feel better?”

“Yeah… it doesn’t hurt much… just a sprain… but I couldn’t get anywhere without limping…” he could see her pouting through the other line.

“What are you doing? Are you bored?”

“Just watching TV in the living room… looking after Jaerim play… bored? Just a little…” she answered. “Unnie’s back… let’s just talk later?”

“Geurae… I’m also about to pull over at the office… bye… take care…”

“Neh, bye bye… have fun at work…”

“Eo…” he ended the call as he stopped the engine.

He went to his room and was welcome by his assistant with his schedule for the day. He nodded at him, signaling that he’s okay with his schedule. His assistant was about to leave the room when he called him back.

“Do I have any urgent meetings tomorrow?” Taec asked.

“An inspection at the chocolate house and a meeting with the Marketing Department regarding the new brand…” the assistant replied as he flipped through the planner.

“Push the Marketing meeting to today 5pm… and have the inspection on Friday instead… I’ll be out of the office tomorrow…” Taec instructed before he concentrated on his paperwork, while he sipped on his coffee and munched on his sandwich.

He worked hard today like he had always done. However, he was disappointed about the presentation of his Marketing Team as they were not ready with their pitches. But he could not blame them completely as he pushed the meeting a day earlier, however, he did not like the fact that they were not yet finished when the deadline was already near.

He messaged her again when he arrived at his house and as usual, they chatted until her sister arrived and was beside her until she felt sleepy. He glanced at the packages resting on the sofa and smiled at the surprise he would be giving her the day after. With a grin, he went to bed, excited to be welcomed by a bright happy day.

The next day came and he stood in front of her porch, with a lot of bags in his hands. He difficultly used his index finger to ring the bell and after a few seconds, the door opened and he was met with a very shocked expression of his former teacher.

The more I cover up my two eyes
I see you clearer (It’s you, it’s you)
The more I block my ears,
I hear you all day

It’s so hard to read your eyes
All day I’m cautious around you

“Good morning noona…”

“What are you doing here Taecyeon-ah?” the woman asked

“I just came to visit Tiffany…” he replied and she was clearly not amused by his answer.

“Really? Come on in…” she spoke and just stared at his back as he stepped into their house. “What’s with all that stuff?”

“I just brought some food and other things to keep Tiffany company…” he answered and Seri’s face could not help but turn gloomier.

“I didn’t know that you are that close to my sister…” she spoke cautiously. “Tiffany! Your friend is here!” Seri yelled to inform her sister who was still in her room.

“We just got a little closer after meeting her at the wedding…” Taec rubbed the back of his neck.

“Do you want anything to drink?”

“Water would be fine…” he replied and she went to the kitchen to fetch a glass.

“Nugunde?” Tiffany asked as she yelled back, doing her best to get down the stairs.

“It’s me...” Taec spoke a bit loud and she immediately knew who it was. In no time, Fany did her best to fasten the pace of her limping and as soon as she saw him, she called his name. “Hey, be careful…” he spoke softly as he went up a few steps to assist her. He had an arm around her waist as the other hand held hers tightly.

Seri was not able to miss this scene as she came back to the living room with a glass of water. She clenched her jaw as she felt a little pang seeing how her sister smiled b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter