1: Congratulations! You now have 7 husbands!

My 7 Husbands

               It was the first night of the New Year. Sana Lee was standing in front of her new home. Today was the day she would be meeting the talent that she would be managing. She had been hired as a manager for House Entertainment Management, or HEM for short. The person she would be working with from now on was already living here and the company said that their company prides themselves on how well they take care of their talent, which is why they were panicking at their lack of managers for the amount of talent they had. HEM managed every type of career that could get you famous, be it writer or rock star. She was informed that her talent was to be treated as if they were as important as a husband.

               Sana grabbed her two rolling suitcases and carried them up to the porch because of the snow on the ground. The taxi driver carried a large box onto the porch and looked at her. “Are you moving into this big house all by yourself? You only have this one box and the two suitcases.” She shook her head. “No, my coworker lives here too. I just haven’t met them yet.” The taxi driver nodded as she paid him and thanked him for carrying the box to the porch for her.

               She fumbled around in her sweatshirt pocket until she found her key she was given for the house and went to unlock the door, only to find it wasn’t even locked. She opened the door and quickly slid her 2 suitcases in before picking up the heavy box and slowly walking into the entrance. After almost tripping over a pair of shoes on the floor, she stared over the top of her box at the hallway then back at the door trying to figure out how she was going to close the door while figuring out where to put her box.

               Suddenly she heard a low nasally voice call out. “Hey! Who left the door open??”  A boy about 5 inches taller than her came around the corner and stopped before staring at her and blinking a few times. He had bright colored baggy batman sweatpants and a loose iron man t-shirt on. He suddenly called back to whoever he was yelling at before. “There is a girl in the entrance! Jiro, call the police!” Before she could explain herself, the boy started pushing on her box, trying to get her to go back out the door.

               “No no no! Wait!” Sana started trying to explain as she took a few steps backwards, trying not to trip over more shoes. She could hear someone running. A tall handsome man that she instantly recognized as the rock star Jiro Wang slid across the hallway in his socks, almost hitting the wall, as he tried to stop the younger boy. “JR! No! Our new manager gets here today! Quickly let her inside!” He yelled as he tried to keep his balance on the hardwood floor before almost falling.

               The young boy known as JR shrugged his shoulders and walked away awkwardly as Jiro quickly took the box out of Sana’s arms. She was a bit impressed that he could carry it with one arm. After closing the door, she grabbed her suitcases and slid her shoes off. Jiro laughed as she looked for a place to set them nicely within all the shoes all over the floor. “Just leave them where ever for now. I will take you to your room.”

               As she followed him, she tried to place JR’s face to see if she had seen him anywhere before. She should know about both of the guys she would have to manage. They did have a lot of shoes for just the two of them though.

               They turned the corner at the end of the hallway and entered the living room. Sana was surprised to see three more guys sitting around. She recognized Dongwoo Jang from TV. He was on quite a few popular TV shows as a host or regular guest. Jiro tilted his head towards her. “Guys, this is our new manager.” He turned to look at her. “I forgot to ask you what your name was. The company told me but I forgot.” Sana was shocked to learn that she had three more talents to manage. “My name is Sana Lee. I will be your new manager starting tomorrow.”

               Dongwoo grinned at her and waved as the guy sitting next to him with wavy brown hair smiled. “I’m Daeryong Jung. Nice to meet you.” She recognized his voice as soon as he spoke. He hosted the radio show that gets broadcast in both Korea and China. He was quite popular for a radio show host from another country.  The redhead off to the side of the couch turned and looked at her without smiling. “I’m Sangsoo Woo. I have dance practice early in the morning tomorrow. Just thought you should know that ahead of time.” He explained as he turned back to the TV.

               Jiro laughed awkwardly and turned back to Sana. “Well your room is this way, on the second floor.” He led her up the stairs separating the kitchen from the living room. The upstairs hallway had random clothes and things scattered about. He opened the door at the end of the hallway and there was a bed, shelf, dresser and closet but nothing else. “Our company cleaned out this room for you.” He said as he set the box down on the bed. “Did the company give you the line about treating us as husbands? Our last manager was a man and they told him to treat us like his wives.” He laughed as he shrugged. “Well he went and got an actual wife and left us.”

               Sana nodded awkwardly as she set her suitcases next to the bed. “So, how many of you do I have to manage?” He looked at her confused. “All of us? Didn’t the company say that you were managing the talent in this house?”  She nodded. “I thought there would only be like one or two…” she said meekly. Jiro laughed as he leaned against the door frame. “Well as the company put it to our last manager, congratulations! You now have seven husbands!” he said clapping his hands excitedly.

               She stared at him confused again. “Seven? I only saw five of you.” He nodded. “Jonghyun Kim, or JR, was the kid you saw at the door. He is the youngest and is an up and coming rapper. You already know me.” He said with a grin. “Rock Star Jiro Wang!” he said while making audience noises with his mouth. “I’m the oldest here. Then Dongwoo Jang, the TV personality. Daeryong’s radio schedule is pretty consistent so he shouldn’t cause you much difficulty. Sangsoo Woo, the dancer. He has the most frantic schedule out of all of us since he needs to practice almost every day. Then Yeahoon Kim is a writer and is around here somewhere. He doesn’t actually have a schedule unless he has a new book coming out or if he has a meeting to write a song for someone. Then Eli Kim is filming for his drama until later tonight. It’s his final day filming for this one so he might not be back till morning.”

               Sana sat down on the edge of the bed and stared at the floor. “So… none of you have the same job and I have to somehow schedule you all together?” Jiro nodded. “Well, I will let you unpack your stuff. Let’s be successful together!” he said before smiling and leaving her room closing the door behind him.

               Sana spent the rest of the night unpacking her room and sighing. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day.