Two

Into the Woods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining directly in my eyes causing me to wince in pain and accidently fall off my bed. I rub my from the sudden fall and try to get up, but immediately fall down again because of my sore feet from yesterday. “What a great way to start off the day.” I say to myself

I walk downstairs with my pajamas still on and my hair in a messy bun. I see my mom in the kitchen fixing breakfast and my dad just now comes out of the restroom in a robe and pajamas as well. I’ve never seen them so relaxed in all my life. Usually for breakfast, all of us eat separately while the cook fixes us something. I usually eat at the kitchen table all by myself while my parents eat in their offices separately. I can’t remember the last time we all ate together, we didn’t even eat together for my birthday. But now, we are all actually in the same room AT THE SAME TIME.

I sit down at the end of the kitchen table and my dad sits down to my left with a cup of coffee and again, with his magazine. My mom comes over with all the food (half of which is burnt) and sits down next to me to my right. “All right, breakfast is served!” she says. We all dig in and start eating and the whole time my parents are talking about some things they have planned (none that include me) while I just sit there I silence, still trying to process that this is really happening.

“How’s the food?” my mom asks me

“It’s good I guess, other than the fact that it’s burnt and that its stale tasting a little, it’s good” I reply back to her

“Hey, it’s been a while since I’ve last cooked. I think I did a pretty good job!” I smirk at her remark and continue eating. After we all finished, I helped bring all the dishes to the sink and my mom started cleaning the dishes while I went to go get ready. I decided to wear some ankle boots with jean shorts and an eggplant colored tank top that flows out along with a light jacket in case I get cold. When I walk out of my room, I head downstairs and right before I walk out the door, my dad notices me and says, “Y/n, where do you think you’re going?”

I turn around and give them a smile, “oh I was just, um, going outside to explore you know, just like I did when I was little!” My dad gives me a suspicious look.

“But just yesterday you were complaining about how you hated the outdoors and how much you didn’t want to be here, and you now want to go outside to “explore”?”

“Yeah” I say to him and put my hands on my hips. He sighs, “Alright fine you can go out, but make sure you don’t get lost this time okay? You almost gave your mother and me a heart attack!”

“Don’t worry, I won’t be gone for too long” I say and walk out the door. I go to the garage to see if I can find something that I can use to mark a trail so that I can make it back home. I look on every shelf and in every box in there, but nothing. I move one box out of the way and out comes a huge cockroach right at me and I scream at the top of my lungs and run for my life out of the garage. I hide behind the door and watch the cockroach to see where I went and it crawled into a hole in the wall. I walk back in the building and try to steer away from where the cockroach went. I finally found some chalk in one container and I take out a red colored chalk and take it with me.

 

I walk in the woods and every so often, I would make a mark on a tree with the chalk so that I would know how to get home. The good thing about chalk is that when it rains, the chalk will wash off so it’s not like I permanently stained the tree or anything. I trail down into the forest more and more and the farther in I go, the more anticipation that would build up inside me. I know it’s silly that I want to meet him so bad, but I just can’t help it.

I don’t know how long I have been walking, but my chalk was starting to run out and I was just about to give up, until suddenly I head, “Miss me?” whispered in my ear. I jump in fear and shriek and cover my mouth while next to me is Wonho laughing his head off.

“OH MY GOD YOU GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!” I exclaim and hold my chest to try to settle down my uneven breathing.

“But your reaction was priceless!!! It was gold” Wonho says and clenches his stomach, “ah my stomach hurts now!” he laughs with tears coming out of his eyes, his beautiful, crescent shaped eyes.

I walk over to him and hit him on his shoulder, “Don’t EVER do that again I swear!”

“Ok ok fine I won’t sheesh” he says and rubs his shoulder and pouts while I scoff. “So did you miss me?” he asks smirking

“No”

“Then why did you come back here huh? Were you wanting to meet me?” he grins

“I came here because I wanted to get away from my parents and get some air” I lie. I did want to meet him, but I knew if I told him he would make fun of me. “Why? Were you waiting for me?” I ask now teasing him.

He looks at me wide eyed, “Um no, of course not, w-why would I wait for a girl I just meant ha” he looks to his side and rubs the back of his head while biting his lip, he’s such a bad liar, but he’s so cute.

“Psh whatever” I say an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter