One

Into the Woods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I swear I have the stupidest, most clueless, most unthoughtful parents in the whole world. Now they have to be pretty smart to end up millionaires and own a gigantic house right in the big city, but this was the stupidest idea ever. My parents want all of us, meaning them and me, to go stay at this house practically in the middle of nowhere for all of summer. ALL OF SUMMER!!! You know what that means? That means that all of my plans that I had with my friends are useless now, there’s probably no service there so that means my social life is gone, and I have to stay with my parents with nothing else to do other than play board games and crap that like.

Apparently in their minds this experience will be “a sentimental and bonding time for all of us” and “a chance to get out of the big city and settle down”. To me, this is a punishment for god knows what. I mean, I make really good grades, I don’t ever get in trouble, and I’m a good child! It’s not like I’ve ever broken the law or get out of control at a party or anything (which I do know people who have), I’m actually pretty innocent I guess.

 

This trip is going to be the worst experience I’ve ever had in my life.

 

It was pretty hot outside, but thankfully the clouds covered up the sun so that no one would get cooked alive or anything. The car drove on a dirt road for what seemed like forever with a lot of bumps and me practically almost getting my bruised. Finally, the car pulls up to a house surrounded by trees and it looks like it only has three floors. ONLY three floors. Well, two levels and a basement. We all get out of the car and I immediately put on bug spray while my parents open the trunk and start unloading the car. As we are unpacking, I look around the area and sigh.

“Wow mom and dad, the view here is great! I mean look I can see trees, trees, and OOH look! MORE TREES!” I say to them

“Y/n, sweetie. Both of us know that you didn’t agree to this decision, but I’m telling you this experience will mean a lot to you in the long run, you’ve just got to accept it and try not to think so negatively” my mom says and walks over to me handing me one of my suitcases out of five. She puts both of her hands on my shoulders, “This will be a fun experience okay? So don’t worry and try to make the most out of it” and smiles. I do a fake smile and she takes her thumb and rubs it against my cheek like she always does. “Alright missy go on in, you get to pick which room is yours first, my treat”

 

I walk into the house and I immediately get the whole “living in the middle of nowhere” vibe. I mean, it’s classier than I imagined with huge windows letting in natural sunlight and a fireplace with brown leather couches along with a kitchen that is big in the sense that this house is made for like only three people, but overall the dread and mourn still lingers in this place.

My room that I picked is pretty big, but certainly not as big as my old one that’s for sure. I lay down on my bed and let out a big sigh and close my eyes trying to figure out how I’m going to survive two months of this. I take a pillow to my left and put it to my face and scream as loud as I can to let out all of my anger. Even though it made me feel better, it certainly wasn’t enough to help me last this whole trip.

For the next two to three hours or so, I spent that whole entire time unpacking all of my stuff and putting everything where it needed to be so that I would be satisfied. After everything was all said and done, I walk downstairs to the family room where I saw my dad on the couch reading a newspaper and my mom fixing something in the kitchen. My mom and dad noticed my presence and my mom smiled and said, “You finally came out of your room!”

“Dad you’re actually reading a newspaper?! Really dad? When was the last time you actually read a newspaper, 2003? And mom, you’re REALLY cooking? Are you sure you even know how to cook still? Usually the maid does. Please don’t give any of us food poisoning.” I say and my dad chuckles

“Y/n I don’t understand why you aren’t enjoying this! Doesn’t just being out here and the atmosphere seem peaceful and relaxing at all?” my dad says and folds up his newspaper

“Um I don’t know if any of you noticed but I was never a part of this agreement at all! You guys just made the decision. Did I get any say so? No. So of course I’m not happy, I NEVER WANTED TO COME IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!” I yell.

My mom comes over to me and whispers, “Y/n, is it that time of month?”

“Ugh MOM!” I say and shake her off of me. My dad gets up and walks over to us.

“Now young lady you have no right into acting that way to your mother” he says sternly

“Yeah whatever. Sorry mom” I say and walk away and walk towards the door

“Y/n where are you going?” my mom yells from a distance

“I’m just going to get some fresh air” I say and don’t even turn back.

 

I walk, and walk, and walk some more. I just keep walking, not even daring to look back do that death hole. I’m only wearing flip flops and a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt and here I am, walking in the woods. My feet get dirtier and dirtier, but I really just don’t care. I was just so angry that I didn’t really care what I looked lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter