Three

Into the Woods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My white dress flowed in the wind while I was walking in the woods. My feet were barefoot as I was trekking over leaves and dirt. It felt like everything was in slow motion as I was walking, just walking in the woods. It was dark outside, and the full moon shined down to the bottom of the forest. Rays of moonlight were present and you could hear the bugs chirping in the background. I look to my sides and I don’t see anything strange other than the fact that I’m walking in the woods in the middle of the night in a white dress.

I feel a gush of wind and I turn around to see what it was, but nothing. “What was that?” I think to myself. I keep on walking and the farther down I walk, the more I see the life around me die. The trees, the plants, the animals, all of it was slowly dying. It was a horrifying sight to see.

Suddenly, I couldn’t seem to move. I was stuck, but I didn’t know how. I tried everything I could to get out of it, but nothing seemed to work. I look up and I see a black figure approach me. He had his head down and was wearing black jeans with a red t-shirt with a black leather jacket. He approached me and when he looked at me and I could finally see his face, it was Wonho. But this time, he looked different.

His eyes weren’t his usual dark chocolate brown color, they were red. Fiery red. His face expression didn’t seem too friendly either, more like lust. He took his finger and traced it down my cheek and smirked. “Such a foolish girl” he says. He walks around me, checking out every part of me. When he comes back to my front he looks down to my chest and his lips. It was sick.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing huh?” I ask him. He looks back at me in the eyes and I suddenly feel weak. Before I felt safe with him and I trusted him, but now I’m terrified and afraid. He takes his finger and brings it closer and closer to my lips, “Hey what are y-“

“Shhh” he interrupts me and touches my cherry red lips with his ice cold finger. I couldn’t move at all, not even my hands. I was so defenseless and vulnerable. He moves my hair away from one side of my shoulder and tilts my head slightly to the side. He traces down my neck with his hand and leans his face in close to my neck. He pulls away and closes his eyes and takes a big sigh. “Mmm you smell delicious” he growls and my eyes widen in fear.

“W-what are you going to do?” I ask, horrified. Wonho looks at me with a sincere look, but then changes his gaze to a menacing look and smiles, revealing his snowy white teeth along with something I would’ve never expected, fangs. He rubs his tongue over his fangs like he was making sure they were sharp enough for his pleasing.

He leans in close to my ear and whispers, “It’ll only last a second, it won’t hurt too much beautiful.” He looks at me one more time and I tremble in fear, “P-please don’t” I barely manage to say.

He smirks once more before he suddenly dives down right to my neck.

 

I wake up, screaming my head off. I sit up immediately and the trails of sweat roll down my forehead. I touch my neck to check if it was still the same, and it was. As I’m trying to catch my breath, I run my hand through my hair and I sigh and fall back on my bed onto all of my pillows. I stare up at the ceiling for a while, trying to regain my thoughts. My parents suddenly come barging in the room with worried expressions, “Y/n what happened?! We heard you scream!” my mom asks

“Oh sorry to concern you two, I had a bad dream that’s all” I say and they sigh in relief and leave. I look back at the ceiling and imagine the face Wonho made in my dream, the way he looked at me. I rub my forehead in frustration and lay both of my hands out to the side.

What kind of dream was that?

 

 

And so the same routine happened like yesterday. I went downstairs, had breakfast with my parents (and this time only a quarter of the food was burnt) and went to get changed. My outfit of the day was black jean shorts and a white button down shirt with black ankle boots. Before I walk out the door, I made sure to grab an umbrella for Wonho to use so that he won’t get hurt again by the sun like yesterday. It does make me wonder how he gets burned by the sun like that. Maybe his skin is just REALLY sensitive to sunlight or something. I don’t want to even start imagining weird things that probably aren’t even true. Like what if he’s a va-, nah.

I grab the doorknob and right before I’m out of the house, I hear my dad call me name and I groan and turn around to face him while smiling, “Yes dad?”

“Where do you think you’re going again huh? “Exploring” again?” he asks making the quotation mark symbol with his fingers.

“That’s exactly what I’m doing dad” I reply

“Then what’s the umbrella for?” he asks pointing at the umbrella in my hand. Yeah, having an umbrella and going outside during the summer when the forecast never says it’s supposed to rain that day IS pretty suspicious.

“Well you know dad, when I do go exploring and I come across a river I plan on getting in the umbrella and go sailing down the river. My plan is to make all those kid cartoons a reality” I say sarcastically since being sarcastic is all I got now. My dad raises an eyebrow and looks at me suspiciously while crossing his arms.

“Y/n, you know I trust you right? I’ve always believed you were a responsible kid and I was always proud of you for always doing the right thing while others at your school may not have gotten the memo like you did. Don’t make me question what I’ve been believing okay?” my dad says and I smile at him.

“Don’t worry dad, I wouldn’t do anything to your disliking” I say and walk out the door. I take a big sigh and close my eyes in guilt. It’s only a short amount of time before I won’t be able to go see Wonho without anything being suspicious, not like it isn’t already. I better enjoy the time I have now, before it’s too late.

 

I didn’t even bother to bring a piece of chalk to mark a trail since the marks are still there from yesterday and I’ll probably end up getting lost again (just like yesterday… and the day before that). I trail my fingers along each tree that had a mark on it while holding the umbrella my other hand. It was pretty hot outside today, but the trees gave me plenty of shade so that I wouldn’t burn to death or anything.

Suddenly, Wonho jumps from out of nowhere right in front of me and I jump. I hold my chest and I sigh, “I told you to not do that to me” I say

“I couldn’t help it! I watched you for so long that it was like it was a NEED to scare you” he says and shrugs

“Wait, you were watching me?” I ask and I cross my arms and smirk while he blushes. “AW YOU’RE BLUSHING!!!” I squeal as I grab his cheeks and pinch them.

“OW!” he complains and shakes off my hands, “Great now they’re red from pain” and I stick my tongue out as he does the same. He looks at the tree next to me that had the red mark on it and he runs his hand over the mark. “Why is there a mark?” he asks

“Oh I put that there yesterday when I was coming to meet you so that I can find my way home” I explain

“Why red?”

“Oh, red is my favorite color. I like how it can look so fiery and powerful while it can also be elegant and romantic”

“Red is my favorite color too” Wonho says while still running his hand over the mark. He notices the umbrella in my other hand and asks, “What’s that for?”

“Oh it’s for you!” I say and hand it out to him “It’s so that I can block the sun better than my jacket!” He takes the umbrella out of my hand and looks at it.

“Thank you” he says and I smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter