Chapter 5

In My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   THE SHOCK IS REAL FOR THIS STORY!!! HOW COULD I HAVE THIS MANY SUBBIES?? THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT FOR THIS FIC AND I HOPE IT HASN'T BEEN TOO MUCH OF A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!! Okay I'm done, read this next chappie~~~

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

       What are your hobbies, Wonwoo, other than drawing?" Minggyu asked as he finished scrubbing down that particular corner. "Um...I don't think I have any? I mean...I listen to music, and I really...like...Bigbang...and I read manga...sometimes...but...that's it." Wonwoo forced the words out as he focused on polishing the top part of a large window. "You sound a lot more normal than me." Wonwoo commented without much thought, and didn't realize Minggyu was even paying attention to what he was saying until Wonwoo found himself pinned against a wall by a slightly irritated Minggyu.

 

   Mingyu pinned Wonwoo against a wall, slightly glaring at him with the cleaning rag still in Mingyu's hand. "That last comment", Mingyu breathed, "is most DEFINITELY not true, and don't EVER think that that statement is true, okay?", he finished out, still firmly grasping a shocked Wonwoo. "I don't know if that statement about you not being normal is a habitual thing you say, but don't say that anymore, because you and I are the same. We are both students. We are both 16. We both like the same type of music. There is no "normal" in this world, and don't try and demean yourself because you think that others "sound a lot more normal" than you are." Mingyu lectured, shaking Wonwoo whilst doing so. The rag in Wonwoo's hand had already dropped to the floor.

   Wonwoo breathed, once again avoiding Mingyu's deep gaze, and mumbled. "But it is true. You see the way other students look at me, and you haven't even been here for a week at this school. No one wants to associate himself with me, and that's because I'm different from everyone else--"

   Minggyu almost violently shook Wonwoo, and the blushing Wonwoo was taken aback. He was already shocked by Mingyu's sudden action, and with that particular shake of the shoulders, Wonwoo slid against the wall and slowly sat down on the cold floor of the classroom. Surprisingly, he still managed to avoid Mingyu's stare as he just sat there on the ground, stunned by Mingyu's outburst.

   Realizing that he may have shocked Wonwoo a bit too much, Mingyu knelt beside Wonwoo and gently held his hands, forcing Wonwoo to finally look at him. "You are awesome. If you aren't normal, then so what? What matters is that people support the way you are." Mingyu told Wonwoo, this time with slightly less force and irritation. Cupping Wonwoo's face with his hands, Mingyu took a deep breath and said, "...And I still want to be friends with you."

   Wonwoo felt the emotion behind all of Mingyu's words, and guessed that he had probably been in the same position or had known someone in the same position as Wonwoo: scared, shy, and unconfidant. "Flattered" wasn't even close to describing what Wonwoo felt as he took in what Mingyu had told him throughout the day: in the classroom, at lunch, and now, here, during detention. Wait...we're still in detention. Wonwoo hurriedly thought. Oh no, we have to finish this window-washing task quicker. I--

   "Wonwoo-" Mingyu started, as he noticed Wonwoo panicking and having an inner monologue. "-I wasn't done talking." Wonwoo whipped his head up and watched as Mingyu interlaced both of their hands for the second time that day. "I meant what I said when I said I wanted to be friends." Mingyu continued, slowly leaning into Wonwoo. "...But..." Mingyu trailed off as he leaned into Wonwoo's cheek, lightly nuzzl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter