Chapter 3

In My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     A/N: DARN IT I ONLY REALIZED NOW THAT I SWITCHED FROM "Mingyu" to "Minggyu". HOPE Y'ALL DON'T MIND. Also OMG GUYS HAVE I TOLD Y'ALL I LOVE Y'ALL (too many y'alls lol) I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ALL LIKE THIS CRAP STORY SO MUCH ;n; shy!Wonwoo for LYFE! Anyways, enjoy this next, albeit short, chapter!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

     Wonwoo seemed to have an innate ability to avoid the herds of students running to the cafeteria as he pulled Minggyu by his hand. They weaved through the mass, and by the time Wonwoo and Minggyu arrived at the rooftop, they were both panting and clutching the wall. After recovering his breath, Wonwoo scanned the area and chose a far corner to sit by, and started unpacking his lunch.

     "How on EARTH can you avoid that many students?", Minggyu wondered out loud as he plopped himself down directly beside Wonwoo, taking out his own lunch of noodles and rice. Wonwoo's ears reddened from the close proximity, but managed to control himself from blushing again as he whispered, "I don't know. I guess it's from experience." Minggyu nodded and an awkward silence followed as both of them quietly consumed their lunches.

     "...so, uh, do you usually sit alone? Or do you have lunch friends?" Minggyu blurted out, immediately regretting that he even asked the question. Now I'm going to sound like a rude, nosy guy! he thought, and was about to tell Wonwoo that he didn't have to answer his question. But Minggyu quickly shut his mouth when he saw Wonwoo opening his mouth to respond.

     "Um...yeah...I don't have any close friends here. I used to, but when I started avoiding more people and talking less, they stopped talking to me." Wonwoo admitted. "Since then, I haven't really made the effort to meet or make friends with others." he continued mumbling, setting down his rice on the rooftop and digging through his backpack.

     Minggyu just sat there, slightly confused at what Wonwoo was doing until he pulled out his black notebook. Oh yeah, that's the notebook he was drawing in while taking notes in class. Minggyu thought. But why is he showing it to me?

     Why am I showing him this? Wonwoo thought, freezing in his movements with the black notebook half dangling from his hands. Why do I want to show him my most private possession I have, with all of my doodles? Why am I so inclined to trust this boy, whom I've only met 2 days ago when I accidentally headbutted him when trying to get to class? Why is he even sitting with me? 

     While Wonwoo was frozen, silently contemplating the consequences of showing his notebook to Minggyu, Minggyu was just observing him. I wonder what he always thinks. Minggyu thought, glacing at the notebook before resuming his observation of Wonwoo's facial features. Wonwoo's eyes were closed, and Minggyu could tell that he was considering the options of showing him all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter