Tag! You're It!... My It!

For Jongdae's Omega

Tag! You’re It! …My It!

Kaisoo

Romance

3900 words

 

 

Ten year old Kyungsoo and Jongin were running everywhere while both of their parents were busy with their brothers’ graduation. They were playing ‘tag’ and Jongin is the ‘it’ and he smiles wickedly when he saw Kyungsoo stopped running.

 

“Tag! You’re it!” Jongin yells as he taps the other’s shoulder but Kyungsoo was busy ogling over something to even notice him.

 

“Hey! What are you looking at? I said you’re it” Jongin follows his best friend’s line of vision and he sees two male kissing under the Sakura tree, not far from them.

 

“Don’t worry Kyungie…when we graduate, I will kiss you under that Sakura tree too…” Jongin whispers near Kyungsoo’s ear and that seemed to wake Kyungsoo from his trance.

 

“Why would you think that I want to be kissed by you?!” Kyungsoo spats at him… “You’re so chubby and gross, you can’t even eat your ice cream without dirtying your shirt…why would you think I would let you kiss me?! I don’t want to kiss my best friend that way…why don’t we just go back to our brothers…” Kyungsoo runs back to where they came from leaving a pouting and almost crying Jongin behind.

 

“…but I like you…and I don’t want to be your best friend forever… I want us to be like them…” Jongin mumbles, looking back at the two happy couple under the Sakura tree.

 

“Hey Kyungie, wait up! You’re it…” Jongin starts to run after his best friend… “…my it” he adds with a smirk on his lips

 


 

Ten years later, Jongin and Kyungsoo are attending the same university where their brothers graduated. Jongin is a film major while Kyungsoo majors in fine arts. They are still the best of friends and even sharing one apartment together… it’s easier and a lot more comfortable that way, they reason out to their parents. Their parents didn’t even protest about it since they are used to the two boys being too attached to each other.

 

It’s been ten years but Jongin still feels the same… he still have these romantic feelings directed to his best friend. He even had the courage to confess to him, that night before their high school prom but Kyungsoo politely declined his feelings. Jongin was a bit hurt of course but Kyungsoo was the one to make sure that nothing changes with their friendship. It took a lot of time for Jongin to get over the rejection but he thinks it’s better to have Kyungsoo as a best friend than to completely lose him at all.

 


 

Luhan and Jongdae invited the duo for a Friday night out but Kyungsoo have to stay in the university so he just promised his friends that he will just join them later.

 

He texted Luhan once he arrived outside the club, minutes later Luhan was there to accompany him inside. Naturally, Luhan lead them to their table where Jongdae was busy sipping his beer.

 

“Where is Jongin?” Kyungsoo immediately asks for his bestfriend.

 

“There on the dance floor with Taemin…” Jongdae casually answers. Kyungsoo follows Jongdae’s direction and squints to see his bestfriend from a distance.

 

“And who is that Taemin? Do you guys know him?” Kyungsoo continue to stare at his bestfriend.

 

“Yeah, he’s from my class, I actually brought him with me so he could meet Jongin…” Luhan happily answers but then he gasps by the way Kyungsoo’s head turns so fast he swear he heard it snap and the other was looking at him like he was prepared to kill him.

 

“Oh my god! Kyungsoo! Did you just glare at me?” Luhan intriguingly teases the said man. “You were the one who dumped him remember, I am just merely helping him mend his broken heart.”

 

“Yeah, by introducing a hot piece of to him…” Jongdae snickers on the side.

 

Kyungsoo grabs a beer from the bucket and he silently drink it, he didn’t say anything to Jongdae and Luhan…making the two stare at him curiously.

 

“What?!” Kyungsoo finally says when he is already halfway to his second bottle but the two are still staring at him.

 

“Are you mad Soo that I brought someone for Jongin?” Luhan asks still observing him.

 

“No…”

 

“Yeah right, let’s all pretend that the glaring thing didn’t happen…” Jongdae butts in.

 

“I said I’m not mad, why would I?” Kyungsoo replies but ends his statement with a sigh.

 

“Because you are in love with him?” Luhan suggestively answers.

 

Kyungsoo lift his head up and looked at Luhan like what he said was something ridiculous.

 

“Honestly, I was surprised when you rejected Jongin. I really thought that you feel the same way…because you know… action speaks louder than words…” Jongdae adds in.

 

“I am not in love with him…” Kyungsoo slams his bottle on the table to make his point.

 

“Uhm, hi guys… we were wondering why you didn’t join us…” Taemin takes a seat beside Luhan with Jongin in tow.

 

Kyungsoo nervously glanced at his bestfriend, surely the other heard what he said.

 

“Oh, hey glad you finally made it…” Jongin greets him before turning his attention to Taemin. “Taemin, this is Kyungsoo, my bestfriend…”

 

After introducing his best friend, Jongin seemed to be really interested in Taemin because he was easily immersed into a conversation with Taemin. Kyungsoo on the other hand seemed to be enjoying the company of his beer as he finish one bottle after the other. Luhan could only shake his head; this isn’t how he wanted the night to turn out.

 

Ten bottles after, Luhan and Jongdae were at the dance floor while Taemin excused himself to go the restroom, Jongin and Kyungsoo were finally alone. Jongin slides in closer to his bestfriend and casually wraps his arms on the other’s narrow shoulders.

 

“Hey something went wrong with the portrait you were working on?” Jongin worriedly asks the smaller one.

 

“Nothing, what makes you think that?” Kyungsoo lifts his head to smile at his bestfriend and proof that he is okay.

 

“You were just drinking a bit too much than you usually does, I just thought that something was bothering you…”

 

“Oh, you noticed? I thought you were too busy getting to know Taemin…” Kyungsoo chuckles but he sounded off.

 

“Hyung, I think you are already drunk. How about we go home first, I’ll just tell Luhan and Jongdae…” Jongin was about to stand up to head to their other friends but Kyungsoo stopped him.

 

“Nah, it’s okay…I’m okay… besides I think you still want to spend some more time with Taemin. I’m okay, just go on and enjoy the night…” Kyungsoo raises his bottle and drinks all the remaining contents of the bottle in one go.

 

Jongin was about to stop his bestfriend from drinking another bottle but Luhan and the others return and tells him to just let Kyungsoo do what he wants.

 

When Kyungsoo finished another five bottles of beer and look like he was about to doze off in his seat, Jongin finally decided to take him home.

 

“I’m sorry guys but I think, I really need to take him off.” Jongin snatches the bottle from Kyungsoo’s hands and grabs the other’s coat.

 

“Do you need help?” Taemin offered.

 

“No, its okay, this guy is as light as a feather…” Jongin smirks and positions a barely awake Kyungsoo on his back.

 

Luhan silently coos at the sight of the two best friends, he knew that no matter what, Jongin couldn’t just easily ignore Kyungsoo’s needs.

 


 

 Jongin carries Kyungsoo on his back from the club to their apartment which is just a couple of blocks away. Once they reached their shared apartment, he carefully lay the sleeping boy on his own bed. Jongin then moves to take off Kyungsoo’s shoes and after that he went to the bathroom to grab some wet towel.

 

 Jongin knows that Kyungsoo hates going to bed without taking a shower but given the circumstances, Kyungsoo would just have to settle with the towel that Jongin was using to clean him up. He grabs one of Kyungsoo’s cotton shirts and without much difficulty; he slips the drunk boy into his new clean shirt. Jongin moves down to unbuckle his best friend’s pants before pulling it all the way off, leaving Kyungsoo with only his boxers, just the way the smaller like it.

 

Jongin stares at the sleeping figure for a few minutes, a smile plastered on his face. Kyungsoo looks beautiful sleeping and Jongin feels himself fall a little bit more.

 

“Aish! You told me you don’t like me but then you get yourself drunk from being too jealous on me and Taemin. Jongdae is right, hyung… action speaks louder than words…” Jongin giggled before leaning in to steal a kiss from the sleeping boy’s lips.

 

“Goodnight hyung…”

 

Jongin exits Kyungsoo’s room with a big smile on his face.

 


 

Three days later, Kyungsoo was walking around campus because his classes got cancelled. He’s trying to find a good spot where he can work with the portrait that he is working on. He spotted the sakura tree that had always been there ever since he was a kid. He remembered when he and Jongin were attending their brother’s graduation and they saw a couple kissing underneath it. He chuckles at the memory of a ten year old Jongin making a promise to kiss him under the same sakura tree when they graduate. Kyungsoo was so consumed by that memory that he ended up sketching two male kissing under the sakura tree.

 

“Hey, I didn’t know that you skip classes now…” Jongin suddenly appears and sits beside him.

 

“I am not skipping class…my class got cancelled so I’m just sketching while waiting for my next class.”

 

“Can I see what you were sketching then?” Jongin was about to grab his sketchpad but Kyungsoo was quick enough to shove it in his bag.

 

“Nothing!” Kyungsoo stands up to create some distance between.

 

“AHA! What are you hiding Soo?” Jongin stands up too and grins mischievously to his bestfriend. “Is it a portrait of me?” Jongin wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

 

“No, why would I draw you?” Kyungsoo confidently answers back.

 

Jongin rolls his eyes at the other’s answers. Because you love me, duh? He was about to say something back when someone calls his name.

 

“Jongin!” Taemin came running to his side. “Oh, hi Kyungsoo!” he greets the other too when he realized that he was with Jongin.

 

“Hey, Taemin… what’s up?” Jongin greets his new friend.

 

“Do you still have a class?” Taemin asks and Jongin shakes his head. “Good, then do you want to come with me? Me and my friends are going to play bowling…”

 

“Really? Well yes I’m in…” Jongin excitedly stretches his fingers.

 

“Kyungsoo, you want to come too?” Taemin turns to Kyungsoo and invites him.

 

“Nah, Kyungsoo still has a class and this fellow here at bowling…” Jongin playfully ruffles Kyungsoo’s hair, much to his bestfriend’s annoyance.

 

“Thank you for the invite Taemin but Jongin’s right, I still have class, sorry I can’t join you…”

 

“Well then I hope you can join us next time.” Taemin smiles politely. “Let’s go Jongin?”

 

“Ah yeah…” Jongin grabs his bag on the grass. “Bye Soo…”  he waves at his bestfriend.

 

“Bye, Kyungsoo…” Taemin waves goodbye too.

 

“Bye…” Kyungsoo watch as the two skips their way to Taemin’s friend. He watch as Jongin seemed to already fit in with Taemin’s friends. Kyungsoo sighs as he fixes the strap of his bag.

 

‘Even if I at bowling and have classes, you still could have asked me to come, !’ Kyungsoo mumbles, his glare directed to his bestfriend’s retreating figure.

 


 

It was a Saturday; Luhan and Jongdae knocks on Jongin and Kyungsoo’s apartment, Kyungsoo had invited them to watch a couple of dvd at home.

 

“About time you two shows up…” Kyungsoo grumpily opens the door and let his friends in.

 

Luhan and Jongdae were already immune to their grumpy friend so they just let it slide. They enter the apartment and happily took their spot on the couch. Luhan noticed someone was missing so he quickly asks Kyungsoo once the other emerged from the kitchen with bowls of popcorn.

 

“Where is Jongin?”

 

“Amusement park, Taemin invited him.” Kyungsoo dully answers.

 

“Awwwww~~~~ is that why you called us? You need a shoulder to cry on baby?” Luhan quickly wraps his arms on Kyungsoo.

 

“What are you even talking about Lu?! Get off me…” Kyungsoo pushes Luhan away, making the other pout.

 

“So that’s why you are grumpy…” Jongdae comments.

 

“Guys, what are you talking about? Can we just start watching the movie?!” Kyungsoo reaches out for the remote but Jongdae snatched it.

 

“No, we will talk first…you can’t act like nothing is wrong when something is bothering you like this…” Jongdae secures the remote in his hand.

 

“Nothing is wrong guys! Stop over analyzing me!!!” Kyungsoo slams the bowl on the table.

 

“I’m a psychology major Kyungsoo, you can’t fool me… even Luhan can see what is bothering you. You can’t play this little game of tag with Jongin forever. Sometimes it’s Jongin who chases you for your attention…now it’s you who’s chasing him for his attention. Jongin already confessed his true feelings for you why are you so in denial about your feelings for him?”

 

“I’m not in denial… I’m not… I’m not in love with him…” Kyungsoo mumbles, feeling so small under Jongdae’s scrutinizing gaze.

 

“Luhan and I know that you have over a dozen of sketchpad filled with portraits of Jongin, hiding in your room and I know how you easily gets bored when you have to draw the same subject over again…so what makes Jongin so special?...what pushed you to fill over a dozen sketchpad with his portrait if it isn’t love?” Jongdae’s asks challengingly.

 

“I… I…. I….” Kyungsoo tries to think of a specific reason but his mind is running blank.

 

“What are you so afraid of Soo? Jongin knows all your good and bad side but he still confessed to you… Why are you so afraid to admit it too?”

 

Silence filled the room, Jongdae and Luhan was quietly waiting for Kyungsoo’s answer, but then they were surprised when Kyungsoo started crying. Luhan quickly embraces the other, he and Jongdae let him cry to helps release all the stress and frustrations he was dealing with.

 

“It’s already happening, Jongdae…” Kyungsoo speaks up after crying for a quarter of an hour.

 

“What is happening?” Jongdae asks, momentarily confused.

 

“The thing that I’m so afraid of…” Kyungsoo sobs into Luhan’s shirt. “Jongin is my bestfriend…He is my bestfriend and so much more, we are so attached to each other. I knew he likes me since we were kids but what  if he just likes me because I’m the easiest choice to be in love with since we are so close, what if after he finally get what he wants, he grow tired of me? If that happens then what will happen to us?”

 

“I thought that if we remain as bestfriends then no matter what happens, I will still have him...but I never thought that seeing him finally dating someone will also hurt like this…” Kyungsoo buries his face on Luhan’s chest and shamelessly cries.

 

“Did Jongin tell you this? Did he tell you that he is dating Taemin?” Jongdae asks as he rubs Kyungsoo’s back. Kyungsoo shakes his head as an answer.

 

“But he is always with Taemin, today was supposed to be our movie day but where is he? At the amusement park with Taemin…”

 

“You think he is dating Taemin?” Luhan lifts Kyungsoo’s head to make the other look at him. “Then let me tell you this… they are not dating… trust me… they’re not…”

 

“Ok maybe they are not dating but who knows they are getting there. He’s finally bored with me, he wants Taemin now…”

 

Luhan sighs and shakes his head…”Trust me Kyungsoo… the day Jongin falls out of love with you is the same day of his death, no… I think even after death he will still love you…”

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head finding it hard to believe Luhan, his own insecurities had piled up and is swallowing him alive.

 

“You want proof? Wait here…” Luhan jumps off the couch and runs to Jongin’s bedroom… he returns a few seconds later with Jongin’s laptop.

 

Luhan opens the laptop and pulls out a video from a folder named ‘My it’. The screen shows Kyungsoo fast asleep in his bed while Jongin holds the camera to capture the both of them.

 

“Ahahaha hyung, you got drunk today. Are you that jealous of Taemin that you rather drown yourself in beer than see me talking to him? Aish hyung, you are so childish sometimes. I carried you on my back from the club up to here and people were staring at us the whole time… but it’s okay at least they told me that I’m such a sweet boyfriend. I already cleaned you up with a warm towel to make you feel better and I also changed your clothes to make your sleep a lot more comfortable… see I am really such a sweet boyfriend…and for the record, I don’t like Taemin in any romantic way, I just talked to him to see if you’ll get jealous… and you did… hahahaha… Aish Kyungsoo… you should know by now that my eyes are only for you… you are the only one who holds my heart… I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of loving you… remember when we were kids and we love playing tag… we are older now but it feels like we’re still playing that game…and it’s okay because I don’t think I’ll get tired of chasing you… because you’re ‘it’…you are my ‘it’…” Jongin was blushing furiously at the end of the video.

 

 

“That’s creepy…” Jongdae whispers.

 

“What? that was freaking sweet, ok maybe someone filming you while you are sleeping is a bit creepy but main point is…” Luhan cups Kyungsoo’s face to get his attention because the other was still staring at the screen. “Kyungsoo, Jongin loves you… like really really loves you…he took more than a thousand videos of you and at the end he will always explain why he loves you…so trust me when I say that he will never get tired of you…he always tells me that he’s willing to wait for you no matter how long because thats how sure he was that he loves you…”

 

“There is nothing to be scared of Kyungsoo…don’t let your insecurities stand in the way of your happiness…Love is a beautiful thing, don’t deprive yourself of it…” Jongdae pats his friend’s shoulder and gave him a comforting hug.

 


 

“Hyunnnggg…” Jongin excitedly enters their shared apartment and searches for his bestfriend. Kyungsoo emerges from the kitchen and Jongin quickly rushes to him.

 

“Hyung, look…hyung~~~” Jongin holds the giant pororo stuffed toy in his hands. “I saw this at the amusement park and I won it for you…” Jongin was grinning proudly but then he noticed how Kyungsoo was barely smiling.

 

Jongin puts the toy down and reaches out for his best friend’s hand. “Is something wrong Soo?”

 

Instead of answering, Kyungsoo simply drags Jongin to the couch. “Do you like Taemin in a romantic way?”

 

“No…never. I don’t think he’s even attracted to me, the reason why were always together is because that brat keeps on dragging me everywhere to spy on his crush.”

 

“Then… do you still like me?” Kyungsoo bravely asks.

 

“Yes…” Jongin answers confidently.

 

“So…. How many times have you done this?” Kyungsoo opens Jongin’s laptop which the other failed to notice and plays the video that Luhan played earlier.

 

“Oh my God! I am so going to kill Luhan!” Jongin shrieks in embarrassment, Kyungsoo wasn’t supposed to see those videos yet.

 

“No, you can’t do that, we don’t want to lose one of our best man, right?” Kyungsoo smirks.

 

“Huh?” Jongin furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

 

“Luhan and Jongdae made me realize something earlier…”Kyungsoo pushes Jongin until the other is properly seated on the couch, then he moves to straddle Jongin’s lap. Jongin raises his eyebrows at this but in a good way, he smiles intriguingly.

 

“That I shouldn’t be scared of my own feelings…” Kyungsoo’s fingers starts tracing Jongin’s face and the other leans in more to Kyungsoo’s touches.

 

“Jongin… will you get tired of loving me?”

 

“Never, I will never get tired of loving you. I’ve been chasing you since we were kids and I’m willing to keep on chasing you…” Jongin closes his eyes, loving the way Kyungsoo’s fingers dance on his skin.

 

“So, what will happen if I stop running?” Kyungsoo smiles sweetly at him.

 

“Then, I’ll wrap my arms around you like this…” Jongin wraps both of his arms on Kyungsoo’s waist.

 

“Pull you closer to me like this…” He pulls Kyungsoo closer until their chests are touching.

 

“And I’m going to whisper to your ear…” Jongin leans in until his mouth is directly on Kyungsoo’s ears. “You’re it…”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles and quickly nods. He cups Jongin’s face with both of his hands. “I’m your ‘it’ “

 

“Really?” Jongin couldn’t stop himself from smiling too much. “Really? You are finally saying that…” Jongin couldn’t continue what he wants to say, his heart feels like it’s about to explode and his eyes are b with tears.

 

“Breath… Jongin…breath…” Kyungsoo notices the other looking like he was about to have a panic attack. He wipes the tears that managed to escape Jongin’s eyes.

 

“You… You… You…” Jongin tries to speak again.

 

“I love you…” Kyungsoo finally says it. “I love you, Jongin…”

 

“C-can you say it again…please…” Jongin was smiling from ear to ear.

 

“I love you, Jongin…” Kyungsoo then leans it to seal it with a kiss and Jongin was quick enough to respond but he pulls away for a second so he could answer Kyungsoo.

 

“I love you too, Kyungsoo… finally you are mine…thank you” Jongin hungrily dives back to capture Kyungsoo’s lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night Luhan received a photo message from Jongin.

 

‘I will never gonna tell you the passwords to my folders again…but anyways… thank you… ^_^

FINALLY TOGETHER…’

 

Luhan waits for the picture to load and when it did, he starts squealing.

 

It’s a photo of a sleeping Kyungsoo in Jongin’s arms who was smirking. By the way their hair was sticking everywhere, Kyungsoo’s blissful face, and their exposed shoulders… Luhan can easily tell that they just did the ‘do’.

 

 


 

…saem.riel’s note…

 

…yey! Three fics for our birthday girl finally done!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSI!!!
…I hope you enjoy the three fics… hahahaha…all with happy endings…

...I wish you good health and strong mind...I know that people are starting to expect things from you since you’ve already graduated and it really can’t be helped… that’s why I wish for you to have a strong mind so you could overcome the pressure…they may expect a lot of things from you but don’t let those expectations define who you really are…just know that YOU ALREADY ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON… don’t think of yourself as any less…if things gets hard…always remember that there are people who are always willing to lend their ears to you…

…there are a lot of people who loves you Jessi… I’m glad that I met you... you already have a mark in my life… you were the one who named zach… ‘little pea’ when he was still in my tummy.. hahahaha…thank you for letting me be your friend…

.I LOVE YOU ! ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!!