Of Lightning, Raindrops and Snowfalls

For Jongdae's Omega

Of Lightning, Raindrops and Snowfalls

SuChenMin

Fantasy, Slight Angst, Weird Romance (LOL)

4800 words

 

 

 

 

Jongdae was jumping from one cloud to another while someone run after him, he was giggling like the cherubs that are watching them for afar.

 

“Will you two stop it…” A faceless man nags at them. “Jongdae, you are sending too much lightning on the human world, you almost burned down one tree…”

 

“Stop nagging Minseok…why don’t you just play with us?” the faceless man that had been chasing Jongdae responds to the faceless Minseok.

 

“C’mon…” the faceless man starts tickling Minseok and Jongdae sees himself joining in, making Minseok squirmed around in laughter.

 

“Stop it you two, I might send hail down on the human world.” Minseok giggled, successfully squirmed out of the two and kept a reasonable distance from them.

 

“Oh c’mon Minnie… a little hail won’t hurt them…” Jongdae whined before he run to where Minseok is and start another tickle session. The faceless man immediately joined on his attack.

 

 

 

“JUNMYEON! MINSEOK! JONGDAE!” a voice roared, startling the three.

 


 

Jongdae bolts up on his bed, his Lichtenberg-like scars are prickling his skin again.

 

“Ugh, it’s that dream again…” Jongdae groans.

 

He ran a finger on his scars that run from his wrist to his chest. It was always been weird having the Lichtenberg-like scars on both of his arms when he was never been hit by lightning, in fact his parents told him that he had it since birth but it only became more prominent when he grew up.

 

Jongdae stretched his sore muscles from the sleep, there were the sound of water tapping his window that made him realized that it was raining. He immediately and maybe excitedly got out of his bed to rush outside. He wasn’t even surprised to see a man sitting on the steps of his porch, the man’s hand outstretched to play with the rain.

 

“Surely enjoying not having to wake up early?...” The man turns to face him and greets him with that angelic smile of his.

 

Jongdae glances at his wristwatch and saw that it was almost noon. “Well yeah… the rain also made my sleep extra good…” he walks up to the man and sat beside him.

 

Jongdae doesn’t exactly remember when but he met the man named Suho  when he was still a kid and even after all those years that passed, Suho remained to be a teen but what is more bizarre than that is that Jongdae only meets him when it is raining. Jongdae had already think that Suho was not really human at all but it surprisingly doesn’t bother him and he never have the urge to ask Suho on what he really is. Their friendship came as natural as it is

 

“How long have you been out here?” Jongdae asks as he plays with the droplets of rain in his hand.

 

“Since the rain started…” Suho simply answers and again Jongdae doesn’t feel the need to ask why.

 

“So… I’ll be cooking lunch… want to go inside and help me?” Jongdae stands up and extends his dry hand to Suho.

 

“I thought you’ll never ask…” There was his angelic smile again as he takes Jongdae’s hands.

 

The two enters Jongdae’s suburban home that was left to him when both of his parents passed away.  He just finished his final exams on his last year in college when he received a call from his aunt that his parents got into an accident. He was devastated; he never thought that such ugly thing could happen. Jongdae couldn’t even be happy graduating college because the people whom he wants to dedicate his diploma to have already left him.

 

“What will you be cooking?” Suho curiously asks while he grabs a seat by the kitchen counter.

 

“Ramen!” Jongdae excitedly holds up two packs of instant ramen for the other to see.

 

“Some things never change…” Suho chuckles and helps Jongdae reach for the pot.

 

Indeed, some things never change, whenever Suho comes over it will be usually hot ramen over board games or sometimes they share a hot bowl while watching movies. Jongdae is comfortable having him around, he never asks questions about Suho’s real identity, he never felt the need to…he just like spending time with the mysterious man and he just want to enjoy every second of it because he knows that once the rain stops… Suho will be gone again.

 


 

If he meets Suho whenever it rains… there is also a man that he meets when the snow starts to fall. His name is Xiumin and just like Suho, he is mysterious but Jongdae also never questioned why he only sees him when it’s snowing.

 

Jongdae and Xiumin would often make a band of snowman at his yard then they would run around until they are out of breath from too much laughing and running. Jongdae would always lie on the snow covered ground afterwards and would swing his arms up and down, creating wing-like pattern on the snow.

 

“Look, Xiumin! I’m a snow angel!” Jongdae shrieks in delight.

 

“You are indeed a cute angel Dae…” Xiumin chuckles and lie beside the other to the same thing.

 

Xiumin would then reach out for Jongdae’s hand and pulls it inside his coat’s pocket to keep them warm. Jongdae would smile at him and snuggle close to him for more warmth.

 

“I think we better get inside before you freeze to death.” Xiumin suggests.

 

“Yeah, I think you are right..” Jongdae sits up and pulls Xiumin with him. “How does hot chocolate sounds?”

 

“Sounds wonderful…” Xiumin happily agrees and let Jongdae drag him back to the house.

 

It was always like that and Jongdae learns to just cherish ever second he was able to spend with Xiumin because as the last snow melts, Xiumin also disappears along with it.

 


 

“I think we’ve got to stop meeting him Junmyeon…”  Minseok says one day as he and Junmyeon watch Jongdae go on with his day.

 

“Why? He is Jongdae… the guardian of lightning. We both know that he belongs here more than down there…” Junmyeon retorts.

 

“There is a reason why he became human, Myeon…”

 

“I know that Minseok, but don’t you miss him?”

 

“Of course I do, but don’t you remember the last time we force things our way, he was the one who suffered the most…” The memory is still fresh in Minseok’s mind like it just happened yesterday.

 

“We are not forcing things this time… we had been seeing Jongdae since he was a kid but Yifan still hasn’t done anything to stop us. If the council wanted us to stop, they could have stopped us a long time ago…”

 

“Well then how long? How long will Jongdae have to suffer this way?”

 

“I don’t know Minseok… I just hope it to end sooner, Baekhyun can barely handle the lightning, the council can’t deny that we still need Jongdae back here…”

 

The two guardians could only sigh, they know they couldn’t do anything about the situation but wait for the council to lift the punishment off Jongdae and bring him back to the league of guardians. All Junmyeon and Minseok could do is watch over Jongdae from up above until they are ordered to do their task, in which they are also given a chance to descend to the human world to visit Jongdae as Suho and Xiumin.

 

But then again, guardians still have other things to do than to just watch over the humans. Sometimes they are asked to have to go on special meetings with the council members and it could go on for days. It was at times like this that Junmyeon and Minseok are hesitant to join in because it means they won’t be able to watch Jongdae but seeing that they already had this big ugly mark on their records, the two have no choice but to go.

 

It was after a council meeting that lasted for two weeks that Junmyeon and Minseok had the shock of their lives because Jongdae was walking out of his office building with someone that he is not supposed to be with. It sent alarming signal to both guardians and the two was about to go down to the human world but someone appeared behind them, effectively stopping the two guardians.

 

“Do you mind telling me, what the two of you were trying to do?” Yifan, the highest of the councils, suddenly appeared behind them.

 

“Look, Yifan! A demon is with Jongdae…” Junmyeon screamed alarmed.

 

“So?”

 

“What do you mean so? Yifan! He is still a guardian! He shouldn’t be talking to a demon!” Minseok yells, he is equally alarmed as Junmyeon.

 

“Yes, he is still a guardian but he is on punishment right now. He is human for the moment and you two shouldn’t be interfering with his human life, I’ve already allowed you two to go visit him from time to time…now don’t push your luck too much…” Yifan raises his voice with authority and the two guardians flinched in terror.

 

“You can talk to the demon if you like but you can’t mention his real identity to Jongdae…you can’t dictate who Jongdae chooses to be friends with. I trust you both to obey my orders…you already know the consequences if you don’t right?” That is all the head council said before disappearing again.

 

The two guardians could only stare at each other after Yifan left. Of course they know what will happen to them once they defy the orders again, they will be sent to the human world and momentarily lose their memory of being a guardian just like what happened to Jongdae, and going through that will only mean more years apart from Jongdae. Minseok let out a sigh, he could only shake his head and turn his gaze back to Jongdae and that demon who Jongdae calls as Kyungsoo.

 

The two looked like they were having a good conversation; Jongdae would laugh from time to time. Right after they got out of their workplace, Jongdae and Kyungsoo have dinner and after that they got into Kyungsoo’s car then the demon drove Jongdae home. It makes the two guardians confused because Jongdae has his own car, why is he allowing Kyungsoo to take him home… could it really be that what they saw was not a casual dinner between friends but a dinner date? The thought gave both guardians a prickling pain in their hearts.

 

Once Jongdae was safely home, the two guardians followed Kyungsoo and they both quickly descend to the human world once they are in a safe distance from Jongdae’s house to confront the demon.

 

“What are you doing here, Kyungsoo?”

 

The demon didn’t even flinched when the two guardians suddenly appeared before him; in fact it looks like Kyungsoo was really expecting them.

 

“Wow, it took you both that long huh? I was starting to think you already abandoned poor Jongdae…” the demon grins at the two.

 

“What are you doing here, Kyungsoo?!” Minseok repeats his question.

 

“I’m just having fun with our dearest Jongdae, why? Do you have a problem with that?” Kyungsoo replies in such a taunting manner.

 

“Stay away from him!” Junmyeon grits his teeth.

 

“You throw him out of heaven and now you still want to control him?” Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows and laughs mockingly.”I’m a demon but even I don’t treat my lover like that. Throwing him out just for the two of you to keep your places…”

 

“We didn’t throw him out!” Minseok screams defensively.

 

“But of course, heaven can’t lose three guardians at once, might as well throw one out right?” Kyungsoo has this smug look on his face.

 

“I said we didn’t throw him out!” Minseok clarifies.

 

“He sacrificed himself for us…” Junmyeon’s voice was laced with guilt.

 

“Whatever…” Kyungsoo waved the two guardians off. “Jongdae is with the humans now and I think I’m more allowed to see him more than you guys right? So don’t act like you can stop me because we all know that you two can’t do that…” The demon laughed out loud to his heart’s content before disappearing into thin mist leaving the two guardians seething in anger and guilt.

 


 

Kyungsoo and Jongdae seemed to be getting along too much. It has been a routine for them to go out right after work and then Kyungsoo would always take him home. This happens every night and Kyungsoo would also visit Jongdae every weekends. It goes on for a month and a half, keeping Junmyeon and Minseok on the edge. They want to just cut in and interfere but they both know that they have rules to obey.

 

It was a Friday and Jongdae and Kyungsoo were on their way to their usual dinner after work. As usual Junmyeon and Minseok are watching over and they quickly noticed how Kyungsoo is getting extra touchy to Jongdae.

 

“Uhm, Jongdae, I don’t think I can’t join you for our jog tomorrow…” Kyungsoo says once he parks his car right outside Jongdae’s house.

 

“ Going somewhere?” Jongdae asks curiously while taking off his seatbelt.

 

“Yeah, I’ll be visiting home…” Kyungsoo smiles at the other.

 

“Okay… have a safe trip home then and thank you for the ride again. I’ll see you on Monday” Jongdae bids farewell and was about to get off Kyungsoo’s car when the other suddenly grabs his wrists.

 

Jongdae turns his head towards Kyungsoo only to be met by the other’s lips. Jongdae was naturally shock by Kyungsoo’s sudden boldness but he also didn’t pull away. He remained in that position, letting Kyungsoo hold his head while his lips tries to coax Jongdae to kiss back. Before Jongdae know it, he was already responding to Kyungsoo’s attacks and their liplock lasted for a couple of minutes until Kyungsoo pulls away.

 

“I’ll see you on Monday, Jongdae…”Kyungsoo smiles while caressing Jongdae’s cheeks.

 

Jongdae was still surprise by the unexpected kiss and Kyungsoo’s eyes seems hypnotizing, so he takes a deep breath and nods before stepping out of the other’s vehicle. Kyungsoo waved goodbye to him and he waved back before fully closing the car’s door.

 

“Or not…” Kyungsoo smirks knowingly. He starts his car again and drives away leaving a stunned Jongdae by the driveway.

 

Jongdae was weary, once he got inside his house… his lips can still feel he remnants of Kyungsoo’s kiss on him. Ever since he met Kyungsoo, things had been crazy… suddenly he finds himself having dinner with Kyungsoo after work and letting the other take him home. After two weeks of constantly hanging out, Jongdae knows things aren’t platonic between them and honestly he doesn’t have a problem with that so he just let things unfold on its own. But then, he really didn’t expect the sudden kiss and he was totally shocked by it. What bothers Jongdae is that instead of feeling excited about it, he felt like there was something missing…like there someone that he was supposed to be thinking about and that he shouldn’t be kissing Kyungsoo. It’ s weird and Jongdae was already use to weird things but this one really bothers him until his mind grew tired from too much thinking and sleep calls out to him.

 


 

Jongdae was jumping from one cloud to another while someone run after him, he was giggling like the cherubs that are watching them for afar.

 

“Will you two stop it…” A faceless man nags at them. “Jongdae, you are sending too much lightning on the human world, you almost burned down one tree…”

 

“Stop nagging Minseok…why don’t you just play with us?” the faceless man that had been chasing Jongdae responds to the faceless Minseok.

 

“C’mon…” the faceless man starts tickling Minseok and Jongdae sees himself joining in, making Minseok squirmed around in laughter.

 

“Stop it you two, I might send hail down on the human world.” Minseok giggled, successfully squirmed out of the two and kept a reasonable distance from them.

 

“Oh c’mon Minnie… a little hail won’t hurt them…” Jongdae whined before he run to where Minseok is and start another tickle session. The faceless man immediately joined on his attack.

 

 

 

“JUNMYEON! MINSEOK! JONGDAE!” a voice roared, startling the three. “Come see me now!”

 

The three knew they were in trouble when what they thought was just a talk with Yifan became something more because the whole council were there.

 

“You called for us?” Minseok being the oldest was the first one to speak.

 

“This has gone on for so long… you know falling in love with your fellow guardian can be tolerated but this…” Yifan heaves a sigh.

 

“We talked about it and we are both okay with our set-up. I love Jongdae and so does Minseok...”

 

“but it is not okay with the council…” one of the council members cuts Junmyeon from talking. “You think it is okay now but sooner or later you Junmyeon and Minseok will fight over Jongdae and that is what we can’t tolerate…”

 

“We can’t have guardians fighting, it may cause disaster down the human world…” another council member says.

 

“We promise not to let things lead to that…” Minseok immediately speaks up.

 

“It’s easy to say that but love is a very strong emotion, it will make you do worse things. The council is not taking any chances… we have already decided---“ A cough coming from Yifan made the council member to stop talking.

 

“The majority of the council had decided that all three of you will be sent to the human world. You will all still be fulfilling your duties as guardians but you three are prohibited to see each other.” Yifan finishes what the council member was saying earning collective gasps from the three.

 

“For h-how l-long?” Junmyeon says.

 

“Indefinitely…”

 

Honestly, Junmyeon was already expecting this; he knows that it won’t take long until the council says something about his relationship with Jongdae and Minseok but what he didn’t expect is for the punishment to be this big.

 

“Do the three of you understand the sanction given to you?” The council member asks.

 

The three could only nod before hanging their head low because they know that there is really nothing that they could do, the council has already decided and it is final.

 

 

 

 

 

A few hours later, Jongdae comes back to talk to Yifan and the council.

 

“Why are you here, Jongdae?” Yifan quirks his eyebrows in confusion upon seeing Jongdae.

 

“The sanction…can I just be the one to be punished? Junmyeon and Minseok are important guardians, it will be best if they just stay here…” Jongdae bravely speaks up.

 

“It will not be that simple Jongdae, if you want to shoulder all the punishment then it will not be as simple as isolating you to everyone…” A council member answers.

 

“You will not just be sent down to the human world, you will be born to the human world…” Another council member explains.

 

“B-Born?”

 

“You will be born as a human, you will lose all your memories of being a guardian, it will only be returned to you after your death as a human..”
 

“How about my duties?”

 

“Baekhyun will take over in the mean time. Honestly Jongdae, that is the original punishment for the three of you but as you said Junmyeon and Minseok are important guardians and we can’t have temporary guardians for rain and snow for a long time…there is no one to take over so we settled with the other sanction.”

 

Jongdae could only stare at the council members and to Yifan who was already looking at him worriedly.

 

“So are you willing to take that punishment instead and save Junmyeon and Minseok from being isolated?” The council member asked but Jongdae remained silent.

 

“How about we give Jongdae some time to think…” Yifan finally speaks up.

 

“N-No… I’ll take it…” Jongdae suddenly blurted out. “If I go back, I might just change my mind…so yes I’m willing to have that punishment…”

 

“Are you sure about that Jongdae?” Yifan asks, giving him a chance to take back what he said.

 

“Maybe it’s for the best…” Jongdae mumbles, his head hanging low.

 

“Then, go and say your last goodbyes to your friends and lovers...come back here once you are ready…” One of the members says but Jongdae just shakes his head.

 

“Let’s just do it now please… seeing them could just only change my mind. Please…let us just do this now…” Jongdae looks up to Yifan, his eyes pleading. “Yifan, please…”

 

“Okay… I’ll do it… let’s go…” Yifan stands up from his seat and signals Jongdae to follow him.

 

Jongdae bows to the council for the last time before following Yifan out of the room. The two silently walks for quite some time until they reached a room that Jongdae had never seen before. The room was honestly bare, there was nothing in it but a small pond that seemed like it has no bottom.

 

“Jongdae…” Yifan put his hands on Jongdae’s chest and lines starts to emerge from it. The lines starts growing, branching out to different directions until it stopped at Jongdae’s wrist.

 

“Lichtenberg scars?” Jongdae gasps in surprise as he stares at what Yifan did to him.

 

“It’s a reminder of who you really are, that you are the guardian of lightning. You will have it since birth and it will become more prominent as you grow up.” Yifan smiled and when his fingers ran at one of the lines, it glowed for a moment before returning to its dull state.

 

“Yifan, can you…” Jongdae heaves out a sigh. “Can you take of Minseok and Junmyeon for me please…”

 

“Of course, I will…you don’t have to ask.” Yifan put one of his hands on Jongdae’s shoulder. “Jongdae, I promise to do anything to get you back here sooner. We’ve been friends even before Minseok and Junmyeon got here, you were the only one there for me when that thing with Kyungsoo happened. I’m sorry I couldn’t do much with your case, I am maybe the head of the council but you know how decisions like these are made…”

 

“Yifan, you don’t have to explain… I know you tried your best for the three of us. It’s okay, I accepted it with all my heart…” Jongdae offered a smile to ease Yifan’s worries. “So, is this where you last saw Kyungsoo?”

 

Yifan silently nods.

 

“Do you think I’ll meet him down there?”

 

“Unlikely, he is in Chanyeol’s realm now, unless Chanyeol gives him duties that requires going up to the human world…”

 

“Well, in case I see him…do you want me to convey anything to him?” Jongdae wiggles his eyebrows teasingly.

 

“Tell him I said hi...” Yifan chuckles. “It’s not like you’ll remember anything we are talking right now…”

 

The two shared a few more minutes laughing until Jongdae’s stops and his face turns serious.

 

“Let’s do this now, Yifan…”

 

Yifan stops laughing and stares at his friend. Jongdae reaches out for Yifan’s hand and put it in the middle of his chest then he nods, giving Yifan the go signal.

 

“Until we meet again Jongdae…”

 

“Until we meet again…”

 

White light comes out of Yifan’s hand and everything starts getting too bright.

 

 

 

 

Jongdae bolts up in his bed and sees his scars glowing. He knew what he saw wasn’t just a dream… it was a memory. He remembers everything now. Jongdae immediately runs outside.

 

“Junmyeon! Minseok! Junmyeon! Minseok!”

 

Jongdae held his hands up and sparks of lightning starts coming out. He produced a particular long lightning and the next thing he knew is that he is standing in front of a gawking Junmyeon and Minseok.

 

“Hi!” Jongdae waves his right hand but then everything suddenly turns black.

 

Jongdae falls unconscious; luckily Minseok was fast enough to catch him.

 

“What happened?” Junmyeon asks in panic and in a snap Yifan was there.

 

Yifan walks up to the unconscious boy in Minseok arms and quickly examines his friend. After being convinced that Jongdae is okay, Yifan chuckles slightly. “Aish. That brat!”

 

“What happened? Is he okay?” Minseok was the one who asks this time.

 

“He is perfectly fine,he just need some more rest. He remembers everything now, thanks to the connection that Kyungsoo gave him through that kiss. Jongdae’s body is just overwhelmed with all the information and his abilities; just give him some time to rest.”

 

“Really? W-wait does this mean that he will be with us now?”

 

“Let’s see… but for now, you two have a certain demon to thank, while I have to have a talk with the council.”

 

Minseok and Junmyeon forehead furrows.

 

“Don’t worry. This time the news will be positive…” Yifan winks at them before disappearing.

 

Junmyeon and Minseok look at each other, and they both nod in agreement. They put Jongdae into a proper bed then the two guardians head out.

 

 

 

 

“Do you know what you just did?” Minseok quickly asks once they arrived in front of Kyungsoo.

 

“Did it work?” Kyungsoo asks but he already knows the answer.

 

“Why did you help us?” It was Junmyeon who ask this time.

 

“Let’s just say, it’s a gift to a guardian from a former guardian.”

 

“W-wait, the guardian who fell in love the teleporter of souls, that’s you?” Minseoks asks curiously.

 

“The one and only…” Kyungsoo spreads his arms wider and he bows down proudly.

 

“T-Thank you… this means a lot to us… thank you…” Junmyeon and Minseok both grab the demon’s hand.

 

“Yeah, yeah…” Kyungsoo pulls his hands. “Okay, I got to go, all these good deeds are making me puke…” he starts faking a gag then he smirks and waves goodbye to both guardians.

 

 

 

When Yifan entered the council room, he wasn’t even surprised to the members already discussing Jongdae’s sudden return.

 

“What are going to do now Yifan?” a council member quickly asks as soon as Yifan took his seat.

 

“I say, we welcome Jongdae back to the league of guardians…”

 

“But his punishment! It wasn’t supposed to end this early!” One council retorts.

 

“It’s that demon Kyungsoo’s fault for interfering!!!” another one yells.

 

“We know that you’ve always wanted for Jongdae to come back but this? You even made Kyungsoo do it!”

 

“Are you accusing me of having a conspiracy with the demon?!” Yifan stands up from his seat, imposing his authority to the members and it effectively shuts them up. “Yes, Jongdae is my friend but I never interfered with whatever it is that the majority of this council wanted for their punishment and I’ve never talked to Kyungsoo ever since we banished him here!”

 

Yifan remained standing his voice booming throughout the room. “I respected what this council wanted, but now we should respect and acknowledge the power of their love for each other. What they have is out of the norm but no one could deny that even after all these years, nothing changed between the three of them, if anything we just seen how much they really loved each other.”

 

“So all those in favor of allowing Jongdae to go back to his duties as guardian here and to no longer interfere with his relationship with Junmyeon and Minseok… say aye”

 

The hall was in silence, all the council members gauging their decisions.

 

“Aye!” One council member suddenly says, raising his hand.

 

The room suddenly erupted with ‘aye’ and Yifan couldn’t help but smile, he knew that time would come that the council could accept his friend’s weird relationship and he is thankful that… that time is now.


 

Jongdae squints his eyes to welcome the light that is invading his vision.

 

“It’s about time you wake up, Jongdae…”

 

Jongdae smirks up when he heard Yifan’s voice. He gently sat up and faced the other, it was then that he realized that Junmyeon and Minseok was sitting not beside the council head.

 

“Welcome back to the league of guardians!” Yifan stands up and put a hand on Jongdae’s shoulders.

 

“W-Wait… can I keep my scars, I kinda like them…” Jongdae steps back when he realized what Yifan was going to do.

 

“Really?… well then okay…” Yifan withdrew his hand. “The council already agreed to leave the three of you alone, so congrats guys, you are all off the hook now…”

 

“Thank you Yifan…”

 

“I barely did anything… it’s not me who you should thank about…” Yifan smiles at the three, he is genuinely happen for them.

 

“Oh that reminds me, are you mad at me that I kissed Kyungsoo?” Jongdae teases and Yifan rolled his eyes to this.

 

“Ask that question to these two…” Yifan points at Junmyeon and Minseok. Jongdae clasps his hands over his mouth…sometimes he really talks too much.

 

“Good luck with that, anyways I have to go…” Yifan roars in laughter as he strides away from the three.

 

 

 

---END---