Calm

Come over

"Just shut up, okay? You are sick... so you better rest and shut the hell up.. and don't you ever say those words again.. Because you're not going to die."

Youngjae's eyes bore through Daehyun's weak and sad ones.

None of them said a word. Too captivated by eachothers black orbs... well, at least that's what Daehyun thought.

Youngjae snapped out of his trance and shook his head softly. Muttering a few annoyed words beneath his breath, before opening the car's door and getting out, closing it with a loud pang.

He walked around to the passengers side and opened it roughly. He panicked a little at his own actions upon seeing Daehyun struggling to not fall down.
Had he not catch the latter, Daehyun would have fallen hard into the cold, wet ground.

"My limbs are kinda numb Jae..."

Youngjae rolled his eyes before slowly lifting the elder up on his back.

"Wooho... this is like the rebirth of crash era~" The shameful idiot blurted out as if nothing was wrong.

"Shut up, Jung" Youngjae grumpily said, but he was  truthfully trying to force back a hesitant laugh.

He opened the car's other passenger seat door and yanked out their bags, with one hand while the other was holding Daehyun's thigh tightly.

"I never knew you could be this strong, Youngjae-ah~"

He puffed his cheeks, embarrassed as he made his way in the hospital.

"I worked out a lot.."

The reply brought a gentle smile on Daehyun's face. He was glad Youngjae wasn't fuming anymore and was actually calm enough to say a response.

-----

Youngjae walked to the counter, still with Daehyun on his back and their heavy bags on one hand.. Sure there were people who didn't mind their own business and decided to bore their eyes on them, but on the side note... He didn't care.

"Name?"
The nurse at the counter asked, eyes still glued to her computer..

"Is it going to be my name, or his?"

This question did have the nurse look at them. She wasn't all that nosy though, only raised her brows.

"I take back my question. Tell me the situation first."

Youngjae's monotone voice clicked in..

"He's infected with the zombie virus that I don't know what the official name is.. like are we seriously going to call it 'The Zombie virus' sounds cliche"

The nurse blinked away the boy's statement and showed an unenthusiastic face before getting up from her seat.

"Right. Wait here for a bit."

She calmly excused herself as if she's done this a million times.

After a few minutes of shoe tapping and humming, Youngjae's eyes darted to the nurse, now wearing a yellow hazmat suit.

"If he's infected... shouldn't you be staying at home, protecting yourself and let a grown up handle things instead of carrying him on your back with no protection whatsoever?"

Youngjae furrowed his brows at the statement... wasn't that a bit too bold?..

"Look here, lady... I'm not having the best day of my life and I'm not anticipating you to make it worse . I AM A GROWN UP. He is my bestfriend and he needs treatment. You can't expect me to just lay back and chill while my friend is practically dying. And besides... I'm immune."

The nurse looked unimpressed.

"You're an Im, are you?"

Youngjae sighed exasparatedly. Irritated that the nurse wasn't getting the point.

"No, I am not an Im. I am a Yoo... Im's aren't the only immune ones, alright? Now can you please just book us a room and have this idiot treated..."

No, he was not being rude. He said 'please', see?

"Alright then, Mr. Yoo..."

the nurse sighed too. Way to lighten up the atmosphere. She went back to her computer, clicking God knows what before staring back at them with a tad bit more interest than before. Just a little.

"What's his name?"

"Jung Daehyun.."

At the sound of this, the nurse was suddenly all eyes and ears..

"Oh! You're from that famous boy group! B-BTS was it?"

Youngjae mentally facepalmed, considering he couldn't do a real one at the moment.

"It's B.A.P"

The nurse pretended to fan herself, flustered.

"O-Oh silly me, haha... Mr. Jung, can I please have your autograph? It's for my daughter.. she's crazy about you.."

At this point, Youngjae wanted to scream to the top of  Mt. Everest.
How very professional for a nurse to do indeed.

"I'm sorry Miss.. as much as Daehyun would want to give your daughter an autograph,  he can't really at the moment, considering his numb all over from the disease and you still haven't book him for treatment yet!"

He barked and the nurse quickly muttered an apology before gesturing them to the emergency room.

Youngjae felt like dying at the moment. The weight was killing him, He did however made it to the emergency room alive.
The nurse there had to question exactly which one of them needed  treatment; Was it Daehyun who was calmly resting on Youngjae's back as it nothing was wrong and the world was all cheesecakes and rainbows, or was it Youngjae who was panting so hard, he was near to collapsing and combusting right then and there as a dark aura surrounded him and his pantless self.

The nurse gestured them to a temporary hospital bed where they would run tests on Daehyun, running on blood samples, to pee.

It did help that Daehyun nearly pissed his pants at the sight of the really sharp looking needle. Talk about hitting two birds with one stone. But of course, he didn't pee on his pants, and so Youngjae had to help him in the bathroom, which was terrifyingly gross, unsanitary and GROSS. Just gross.

He could have swarm some of Daehyun's urine got to his hand when the idiot slightly missed the white plastic cup on target.
The younger had to shut his eyes tightly for the sake of privacy, but he swore he willingly wanted to pass out when he felt a tad bit of warm liquid touch his skin. 
He had scrubbed his hands so much afterwards it felt like it was going to leave a wound.

Oh, the things he does for love.

-----
Daehyun rested his head on Youngjae's lap as they waited for someone to call them if there room was ready... Daehyun had chose to look up to the mushroom haired boy in much gratitude whilst Youngjae chose to dart his eyes at his bestfriends face, but his mind was elsewhere at the moment... he just happened to point his eyes mindlessly at the sick boy's face, slowly running his hand on his smooth slik like hair.

"Thank you..."

A voice snapped him out of his mental trance... he didn't reply though... he wouldn't know what to say without getting things any more awkward. Instead, he continued to softly carress the boy's hair with softened eyes.

The same male nurse who ran the tests from before came back and told them they'd have the test results next week, but for the mean time, they adviced Daehyun to be hospitalized for safe treatment.

Of course, Daehyun freaked out again after seeing yet another needle being suppose to pierce through his skin, that being the dextrose needle. The fact that that needle was suppose to pierce down his skin painfully and stay there for as long as it was needed, scared him.

Youngjae did however, grew another pair of balls to comfort him in public.

After the painful session was over, the nurse had then instructed them to head for their room. Both the nurse, and Youngjae had to help Daehyun get on a wheelchair. And that was not easy. Especially now that he had a dextrose on.

Further instructions and regulations were given to them once they had arrived, telling them to ring the buzzer if something showed up, and warning them not to be surprised when another nurse in a hazmat suit would suddenly show up in the room. That was mainly for medicine, food and dextrose changing..

----

"Daehyun, how are ya feeling?.." 
The younger asked in concern as he sat on the soft hospital bed, patting the boy's thighs in alarm, lightly.

"Fine as I'll ever be... I guess.."

"Great...I'm going to call your mother now, so be mentally prepared."

Daehyun widened his eyes in shock.

"Wait Youngjae don't-"

"Too late."

a second more and the phone started it's dial tone.

"Hello?" A woman's soft voice resounded the room as Daehyun shook roughly, terrified.

".... Hi aunty..." Youngjae replied back with the sweetest and carefullest voice he could manage..

"Oh my! It's my dear Youngjae!! How are things going in Seoul?
Daehyun went there to see you, right? How's that idiot doing? He lectured me for approximately 30 minutes about how trains were indoors and that he wasn't going to be exposed... it took me a rough time to decide, but after seeing his determination to see you, I couldn't help but agree... I mean why wouldn't I? You're such a sweet boy, Youngjae"

Youngjae softly chuckled at his aunty's talkativeness... so that's where Daehyun gets it from..

"MOM! STOP TRYING TO FLIRT WITH MY BESTFRIEND!!" Daehyun yelled, irritated.

"Oh- was that Daehyun?" Mrs. Jung asked.

"Yes, aunty.."

"oh well.. YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN!! 
DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! I AM YOUR MOTHER! I DO WHAT I WANT, EVEN IF I MARRY YOUNGJAE, YOU WONT GET TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!"

His mother playfully yelled back..

"EWW MOM, THAT'S WRONG!! I DON'T WANT YOUNGJAE TO BE MY FATHER!!!"

He completely dispised the idea. The thought itself made him cringe.

They shared a good laugh all together, and Youngjae had nearly forgotten why he called.

"Oh.. where were we now? Oh yeah.. Youngjae-ah... what did you want to talk about?"

A sweat drop trickled down Youngjae's skin... he honestly didn't want to bring out the news that he knew would break her heart.

"Aunty.... it's about Daehyun..."

He heard a questioning hum, urging him to carry on.

"He's... infected..."

A long period arose from both lines, though it did get interrupted by a soft sob..

"It's not the zombie virus, isn't it?..." She asked hopefully in between her sniffles..

"It is..."

That answer alone made her cry aloud.

"No this can't be!! Not my baby boy!! He's a strong kid! You're joking, right Youngjae?!" 
Youngjae had to fight back his own tears aswell.. hearing a mother cry for her son wasn't that pleasant to hear..

"I'm not joking, aunty.... we're in a hospital right now.."

"I am coming over to Seoul!"

Youngjae nearly choked on this.

"No aunty! You'll get infected too... I promise, I'll take care of Daehyun... I can handle him.."

Another choked sob resounded from the other line.

"But Youngjae, you'll get infected too! I can't have that! Your mother will be broken"

Youngjae had took note of his and Daehyun's mother's friendship... they were just as good friends as Daehyun and him were.

"It's okay... she already agreed... and besides... I'm immune..."

"But you're not an Im!" she yelled back in slight panic.

Youngjae sighed in his head. 
'Why does everybody think Im's are the only ones immune?!'

"I am not an Im... but I am a Yoo... Yoo's are immune too..."

An 'oh' could be heard from Mrs.Jung.

"Can I speak to my son then, please"

Youngjae answered a sure before holding the phone out for Daehyun to take.

"Yah! Jung Daehyun!!! Do you see now where your stupidity brought you?! HOSPITALIZED AND INFECTED!! I never should have allowed you to go to Seoul if I knew where it would bring you!! Trains are indoors you say? Well there are still people there and anyone could be infected!!! You better be happy Youngjae's there with you right now, and you better not cause him any trouble or so help me, Jung Daehyun I will skin you alive!!! SKIN YOU ALIVE! You're just as clumsy as your father!!"

Daehyun winced at every remark she made.. they were all true though.

"Alright mom, I get it, I get it.. sheesh, you don't need to bring dad to this convo... makes me question why he married you.."

"Shut up! He loves me because I'm beautiful and smart and kind and perfect!!"

The line ended there, and Daehyun had to give Youngjae his cellphone back.

Youngjae felt a vibration on his hands, signaling a text..

It read; " Youngjae, please go out of the hospital room alone... we need to talk.."

Youngjae nodded at the text from Daehyun's mother and reluctantly got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"Outside"

That's all he said back before leaving the sick boy alone in his room.

He dialed the same number again... truthfully, he felt a little scared about what Daehyun's mother would say too him.. after all, it had partly been his fault, right?

If it weren't for him... Daehyun wouldn't have gotten to Seoul and get infected.

"H-hello?" He stuttered.

"Youngjae-ah...." that was a soft sob.

"Please take care of our Daehyun for me, okay?... I know my son can be a handful... but please.. be there in my place to take care of him... I don't want to wake up one day to the news that 'Member of famous boy group, B.A.P, Jung Daehyun passed away from infamous Zombie virus...
He is a stubborn boy... but I love him.. he is my son and nothing will ever change that... so... I'm entrusting you to take care of him for me, alright?..."

Youngjae nodded absentmindedly, forgetting the fact that Mrs. Jung couldn't see him..

"I know aunty... and I would have done it regardless if you told me to or not... I will protect and take care of your son... because even though he really is a handful and a major pain in the .... I Love him too..."

Mrs.Jung hummed in a satisfaction..

"You are a very sweet boy, Youngjae... I'm glad that out of all the best friends Daehyun could have out there, it had been you... take care of my boy for me, okay?"

Youngjae sweetly smiled at the remark.

"I Promise.."

------------------------------------------------------
[A/N: YOLO ]