Idiocy

Come over

"Yah... I really miss you, okay? I can't do much about it and it annoys me!"

Youngjae released an exasperated sigh at his bestfriend's outburst through the phone.

"I know, I know... I miss you too... but yeah.. there's not much I can do about it too.. I mean being immune doesn't always mean I get to do what I want... Mom won't let me go to Busan... She says it's too far for her 'precious baby boy' to be traveling to, alone, especially when there's this 'crazy disease' on the loose.. I mean, Come on! I'm not five for petes sake! I'm ing twenty-one! Don't I get justice for my age?!!"

Youngjae didn't see but Daehyun playfully rolled his eyes at his little rant, moments like these are rare nowadays since they've been focussing on their individual seperate lives for a long while..

but he kinda missed his bestfriend's sassy rants and complains about... everything..

Maybe a few months ago he would've wished for absolutely nothing but to have a rock get shoved up Youngjae's mouth to shut him up for a whole day... But now.. he wouldn't mind hearing his bestfriend rant til his heart's content.

"Look... I miss you... and you miss me, right?" Daehyun questioned.

"Yeah... It's sad, but that's the truth..."

Daehyun rolled his tongue againts his inner cheek... 'cheekily thinking about something'

"So... If you can't come to Busan... Why don't I just go to Seoul?"

He asked hopefully.. eager for the latter's response, no matter how much he told himself that Youngjae would, without a doubt object that Idea flatly.

"Daehyun, look... I miss you, okay?... but I'm not stupid enough to let my bestfriend travel three hundred twenty-five kilometers, alone and vulnerable to that crazy disease just to see me... I can't risk you, man..."

"But-"

"Daehyun, no."

"Youngjae I-"

"No means no, Daehyun."

"Come on-"

"Ahp."

"Bu-"

"Stop."

Youngjae heard an irritated sigh from the other line..

"Let's think this through, man... I know your love for me isn't that shallow.."

Youngjae's cheeks suddenly turned into a fine color of light crimson..

"What."

"Ahp. Don't deny it. It is a known fact."

"Shut up."

Daehyun playfully rolled his eyes again.

"Anyways.. As I was saying.. Let's think about it... the limit of being outside is two hours, right? Well since the Busan train station is only a 35 minute travel to from where I'm from, I'll be exposed for only 35 minutes... Therefore the virus wont have enough time to enter my body... It's safe play!"

Youngjae rubbed his temple tiredly and leaned his body on his bedroom's wall.

"Daehyun... The train ride takes an estimated time of three hours! That's past the limit!, plus you'll have to travel from the Seoul station to my house too, and that adds up another one hour... How the hell is four hours and thirty five minutes considered safe play?!"

Daehyun groaned loudly, clearly in distaste at the younger's negativity..

"You're not getting the point! You see, I'll only get to be exposed for an hour and thirty-five minutes. The trains are usually empty now considering everybody's cozy indoors. The train doesn't count as a place for exposure. It is a closed space with a metal ceiling, a metal floor and metal walls barricading each of it's freaking side. The train is considered indoors. Deal with it."

Their was a fat silence from the other line...

It took so long that Daehyun had to make sure Youngjae hadn't hanged up yet.

"Youngjae, are you still there?..."

"You have a good point..."

Daehyun's eyes immediately turned into cresents. He couldn't help but grin and squeal in excitement from the younger's implication of an approval.

"Yey! So can I go?"

Alas, Youngjae finally sighed in defeat... sometimes he really wonders if there's really no way out Daehyun's determination.

"Alright.. fine.. But. Don't blame me if you fall ill. This decision is solely based on your life choices."

"Yeah, I can live with that.."

"Okay.. I guess you best get going now.. don't make me wait.."

He heard a melodious soft chuckle

"Don't worry Jae... I won't keep you waiting.."

Something along those souded wrong... the way he said it sounded seductive? or was it suspicious? Youngjae doesn't really know.

The moment he hanged up, he instantly heard a knock from his bedroom door...

He slumped his shoulders down at the thought if his mom forcing him to clean his room again. Effortlessly opening it.

But what he did not expect was his stupid bestfriend casually standing there and grinning like a fool.

"Hi."

A rough hard fist came slamming down Daehyun's rib cage

" er! You called me when you were already at my front door, did you?!!"

He couldn't believe what was happening right now. Just a moment ago, they were just blabbering about how they missed each other. And now there he was, banging Daehyun's chest mercilessly.

"A-Actually, I got here over an hour ago.. Mrs.Yoo's cooking is awesome! Man, Youngjae.. You don't know how lucky you are.. my mom only knows how to cook noodles... and they're even instant! INSTANT. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!"

Youngjae stared wordless at the shameful idiot who dared to face him and tell him his mom's cooking was dope. He was unbelievable.

"God.. Daehyun.. Why..." He asked softly as he wrapped his arms tightly at his claimed 'best friend', basking in the familiar masculine scent of the latter.

"Why what? Why am I so incredibly smart? outstandingly handsome? The full package?"

He dare ask that?!

"No, I meant, WHY ARE YOU SUCH AN IDIOT?!!"

He really didn't understand him. He just couldn't..

"Enough with your insults. I'm here now, and were together.. Isn't that what we wanted?..."

Then again... he did bring up a strong fact... Just awhile ago they've both been whinning about missing eachother... It's not often you get a chance like this.. so it was best to take advantage of the time they had together, right?

"Hey Youngjae... Let's save this moment together and take a selca for the Babyz... they'll be happy to see us together...It's not as often we get to see each other anymore... as long as the virus is uncurable... we might not get another chance to see Babyz anymore, even around the world... so it's best if we make them happy, right?"

Youngjae rolled his eyes at the long explanation.. he didn't need to be told about that... If it's about making babyz happy, then he wouldn't have any objections, especially at a crisis like this..

As soon as he eagerly agreed, Daehyun pulled out his phone and leaned right next to Youngjae's face. Their cheeks againts one another as the both held out a peace sign.

He added a little filter, just to adjust the lighting and make them look even better than how they already looked.

A small relevant caption was tagged along with the new self caught picture..

'As hard as it is to admit.. I miss this guy..'

And only a second after he posted it, a comment had already caught his eyes..

"AIGOO!! JUST ADMIT IT. YOU LOVE HIM MORE THAN YOU SHOULD!!"

he smiled softly, thinking that he had made a person, somewhere , happy..

He replied the fan a quick 'Maybe' before closing the app and putting his phone back into his pocket..

"I really don't get our fans... it's like they purposely want us to ..."

Realizing what he just said, Youngjae quickly covered his mouth with his hand, to embarrassed to show the body part that just broke those shameful words out loose.

Hearing Daehyun's lack of response, he finally had the courage to lift his head up and face him.

Only to find the older as red as freshly picked beets, locking his gaze on the ground..

Youngjae let out an offended gasp.

"Daehyun! Don't think about it!!"

He scolded in panic, trying to shake the elder in hopes it would rid those inhumane thoughts out..

"... Now the image is stuck.."

Youngjae gasped offended again

"WHAT IMAGE?!!"

Youngjae was about to scold him again, but his mouth suddenly felt dry as soon as his eyes landed on Daehyun's growing crotch..

"OH GOD, DAEHYUN! PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU'RE HAVING A THINKING ABOUT ME!!"

Daehyun's breath hitched and shortened before he started panting softly..

"Ugh... Y-Youngjae.. C-Can I use your bathroom?..." His shaky voiced showed and Youngjae cautiously dragged him into his bedroom's bathroom

"Don't take too much time... and please... don't think of me..."

He shyly whispered before shoving Daehyun into the bathroom and closing the door with a loud pang.

He held a hand over where his heart was. Feeling the uncontrolable rythym, pounding againts his chest like the school lunch bell...

"I need to calm down.."

Oh don't give him . He just gave a man a just by mentioning the F-word in the same sentence with both their names on it..

He leaned against the bathroom door and tried to relax himself...

That is, until he heard soft moans..

"Y-Youngjae -ah- "

He widened his eyes at the realization and decided to press his ear more against the door..
You know, to make sure it was really happening rather than thinking his brain was playing with him.

After a long while of silence, he was about to give up.. maybe his mind really was playing... but the second he heard more, he took the courtesy to listen hard to it, trying to ignore the growing pains beneath his pants

"Ah-Faster Jae-"

"Yes Yes, right there"

He blushed a dark crimson red.

This was wrong... He should respect Daehyun's privacy no matter how wrong it was too..

With a heavy heart, he pulled away and sat on the bed. Draping the blanket over his manhood so it wouldn't show..

After a good while, Daehyun came out of the bathroom, still flustered but descent nonetheless..

Youngjae took note of Daehyun's wet hands. It was obvious he washed them really well and long.

Daehyun himself wondered why Youngjae was sitting on the bed with the blanket draped over him. The room was not cold, nor was it hot...so there shouldn't be a need to do that, right?

"You okay?"
Daehyun asked in concern... though he was feeling oddly weird himself.

"Huh?"
Youngjae unintelligently blurted. He was about to ask again, but Daehyun had beat him to it, gesturing to the thick blanket draped over his lower half.

Remembering why he put it there in the first place, an awkward blush made it's way to his cheeks as he slowly lifted the blanket away, thankful that his prominent bulge resorted back to it's normal size.

"Y-Yeah... I'm okay... just a little ughhh- bored is all?... H-How's your bathroom break?"

Daehyun's eyes grew wide. A deep red colored tint brushing his face.

"W-What kind of question is that?!!" He stuttered.

Youngjae mentally sacked himself for carelessly asking such a nonsense of a question..

"I-I'm sorry... that was stupi-"

Youngjae halted his words. Surprise and horror written all over his face as he saw how his bestfriend's current state.

"D-Daehyun..."

Daehyun tilted his head to the side, not knowing why Youngjae suddenly looked like that.

"Hmnn?"

Youngjae covered his mouth with a hand as he stared at Daehyun with glossy eyes.

"W-Why is your nose bleeding?"

Daehyun looked back at him, in question before touching the spot under his nose with two fingers.

He widened his eyes and stared back at Youngjae with equal shock..

"Awww , , , SH*T.. Dae... Please tell me this is not what I think it is.." 
Youngjae blurted in panic, running to his wardrobe and grabbing the closest clothing he could grab; his boxers..

Daehyun suddenly didn't have the energy to fight back before Youngjae's boxers came dabbing his face all over.

"Please do not be what I think you are... This cannot be happening to you, Daehyun."

He quickly threw the bloody boxers away and looked Daehyun in the eyes.

He slowly drew his hand in the middle of Daehyun's neck and head, before flinging his hands all over from Daehyun's forehead to his cheeks, Not believing the temperature he was feeling.

". Daehyun, you're burning hot.."

He didn't need to analyze the situation any further to know that Daehyun had been unfortunate enough to be infected. All the symptoms pointed. Yet, for once in his life.. he never wished so hard to be wrong as much as he does now.

He tightly took his bestfriend in an endearing hug, not wanting to believe any of this...

"It's okay Daehyun... You're going to be okay... I'm going to bring you to the hospital and we're going to find a cure and get you cured then everything will be back to normal.."

He hadn't realized he had been crying until the wet droplets of his tears touched his hand.

"Daehyun?"

"This is a problem... I'm feeling dizzy...and I can't move.."

Youngjae pulled away from the embrace to face him. It has only been a couple of minutes and the virus was already accelerating.

"We gotta get you to the hospital. NOW."

Youngjae didn't give a thought to hesitate before carrying Daehyun bridal style and running down the stairs.

"Youngjae honey, Daehyun-"
Youngjae's mom froze in her spot as she stared at how his son and son's best friend was positioned.

"What happened-"

"Daehyun's infected, mom!"

Mrs. Yoo froze in her spot before snapping out of her little trance.

"JUNHONG, GO UPSTAIRS!!! NOW!!" She yelled at the little boy, no older than ten that was quietly watching TV. The little boy did as his mom told him so and ran upstairs as fast as he could. He never wanted to get on her bad side. Ever.

Mrs. Yoo rushed to her son's aid and help lift Daehyun up..

"LET'S BRING HIM TO THE HOSPITAL, QUICK!!" She was just as panicked as well.

"No mom, I can take him there by myself.. With Dad and Youngwon in America, who will take care of Junhong?" Youngjae explained thoroughly.

Junhong was his adoptive little brother. The little boy did not have the immune bloodline that the family posessed so he could easily be infected. 
You can't leave a 10 year old child alone at home! What kind of parenting is that?!

Mrs.Yoo sighed in disappointment.

"You're right... I can't leave Junhong alone... but... will you be okay?"

Youngjae rolled his eyes to the left. A bit weirded out by his mom's over protectiveness.

"Yes mom, I am twenty-one, not five. I can handle simple things like taking my bestfriend to the hospital in Seoul that is literally a 40 minute drive away from here and plus, I'm immune ..
Now if'll you'll excuse me, I gotta go get this idiot to the hospital before he dies."

His mom sternly gave an understanding nod..

"Right. Here are the car keys.. get going, and be safe... Daehyun sweety... please try your best to fight and recover.." 
Mrs. Yoo gently ran her fingers, on Daehyun's soft hair before giving his head a light peck..

"Get better, okay? "

Daehyun weakly smiled and nodded.

"Thanks Mrs.Yoo.."

after a few moments of packing clothes, Youngjae hurriedly rushed them both out and gently placed Daehyun on the passenger seat.

He started the car and drove as fast but cautiously and humanely possible.

"You can sleep, Daehyun..." 
He muttered after a good 20 minutes of driving. Expecting an answer, he shortly took a glance to his right, only to have his eyes soften at such a cute image of a softly snoring Daehyun fast asleep..

His eyes drifted back to the road. A frown shown visible on his face as he imagined how it would be if they couldn't find a cure quick enough.

Will he ever see his bestfriend like this again?... will he still be able to here his voice?... Will he still be able to hug him? Or call him? Or be with him in general?... Will he?..
All those questions added up more anxiety and pain than he could ever think of..

His vision suddenly became blurry. He hadn't even seen the car in front of him until the other car honked the horn and lead him to jolt and shift to the other lane in complete shock force. This flaw woke Daehyun up in the process. Groaning in frustration from getting his slumber interrupted.

". - I'm sorry I woke you u-"

"Why are you crying?..."

Youngjae drove for another two minutes in complete silence before he parked the car on an empty parking space in front of the hospital and looked back at Daehyun with sad eyes..

"How can I not?" He replied softly, his voice cracking and volume tuned down. 
He heard a tired sigh..

"Maybe if I hadn't ate that cheesecake from that store and lost track of time... You wouldn't be crying right now.. I hate seeing you like this.. that cheesecake was not worth it.."

Daehyun expected a hard smack or so, but what he got was far more painful than any of Youngjae's smacks.. and it made him regret everything.

He winced at every loud and sorrowful sob that escaped from the latter, accompanied by his cracking voice and a waterfall of tears.

"D-Daehyun you idiot! H-How c-could you be so stupid?! I can't believe this!! Why are you even my best friend?!! I hate you so much!!" He loudly yelled as he tugged at his own hair in frustration.

It hurt seeing Youngjae like that. Seeing as he could do nothing to stop those tears. Seeing how he couldn't reach over to give him a comforting hug because his limbs were all numb now.. It hurt...

"I'm sorry.." That was probably the best he could manage as some sort of consolation.

"No!! Sorry doesn't cut it!! I just can't-...Why, Dae,..why???How could you be so....DAMN IT!!"

Daehyun felt like the most notorious criminal out there at this point.

"I'm sorry for being such an idiot.... I don't deserve to see you... I should just go die already..it'll be easier that way, wouldn't it?"

Youngjae raised a hand to slap him, but punched the wheel instead after thinking of the possible outcome if he did that.

"Don't say that! Don't you ever say that!!"

He had enough.