concern

Come over

"So... what did you guys talk about?... I over heard my mom's loud voice so you must have been talking to her, right?"

Youngjae nodded slightly and plopped himself on the bed

"I promised her I'd take care and protect you..."
He hastily layed down next to Daehyun and turned his face to face him directly.

"But... that's my job.." Daehyun replied back, embarrassed as he draped the blanket more on both of them, making them feel at least bit comfortable.

"Well right now, it's mine... whether you like it or not.." 
Youngjae closed his eyes softly and inhaled a lot of air through his nose, before releasing it all out.. trying to calm his nerves..

"Had a rough day, Dae..." 
He slowly reached a hand out to cup Daehyun's cheek but retracted it as soon as it made contact with the sick man, yelping in surprise about how hot the latter was.

"You're burning hot again..." he looked him intently in the eyes.

Daehyun stared back at him with half-lidded eyes before reaching up to Youngjae's cheek with his own hand..

"Well.. you're ice cold.."

he merely retracted his hand before moving closer to Youngjae, as if he was trying to even out their body temperatures.

"What are you doing?"

Youngjae asked as he observed Daehyun's slightly bulky arms wrap around his small frame.

"Trying to even out our body temperatures..with me burning hot and you, ice cold, it makes sense if I do this, right?"

Youngjae nodded in response... He had swore to himself to never go with Daehyun's reckless ideas after the train-being-indoors- convincing-act but this idea wasn't half bad at all. So without a thought against it, he gave in to Daehyun's warmth and let slumber claim him. 
____________________________________

"Y-Youngjae wake u-up..Y-Youngjae.."

Youngjae's eyes fluttered open at the sound of pained whimpers calling out to him. He immediately shot up, realizing it was something urgent and directed his gaze on Daehyun.

He crouched down by Daehyun in a hurry, shock at how ragged his breaths were

"Y-Youngjae h-help help"

"What's going on?! What's happening to you?!" 
He screamed in panic, swiftly getting off of the bed.

"I can't breathe- Y-Youngjae h-help me"

He wasted no time at all as he literally screamed at the speaker after pressing the buzzer beside it.

"Daehyun has trouble  breathing!! Come quick!!!"

He paced back to Daehyun's side before helping him sit up and rubbing his hand on both his chest and back in circles.

Daehyun heaved to and fro, his pants getting prominant by the second.

"Hang in there, Daehyun.."

another minute passed by before the doors bursted open, revealing three nurses in their uniformed hazmat suits.

"We're going to have to need you to wait outside, Sir.."

One nurse told him as the other two set up some sort of device on Daehyun that Youngjae couldn't see because they were blocking his view.

"But he's my best friend.."

He pleaded with sad eyes

"Yeah? Well call his parents to inform them then, like a good best friend would do.."

Youngjae stood at lost of words and nodded before making his way outside..

"C'mon pick up, pick up, pick u-"

"Youngjae?" The voice was hoarse but Youngjae was happy to have had his call noticed nonetheless.

"Youngjae, it's 3 in the morning, what are you-"

"Daehyun couldn't breathe!!" 
His boisterous voice gained a few looks from the nurses passing by and he was immediately shunned. Muttering a few apologies, he directed his attention back to the phone.

"Hello? Aunty are you there?"

"Aunty?"

"Mrs. Jung?"

"Are you still there?" He continued blurted out those questions as he nervously bit his nails as a result of anxiety.

It took about another 3 minutes before the same voice from before had finally spoken back.

"Sorry.. I had to go to the bathroom to scream and I may have cried a little and Oh God, is my baby okay?!!"

Youngjae closed his eyes tiredly and let out a long exhale

"I hope so, aunty.. I woke up to him calling for me and I pressed the buzzer as soon as I found out he couldn't breathe.. the nurses are currently trying to make him better.. they told me to wait outside.."

"Oh thank God you called the nurses immediately...things would have gotten worse if you hadn't.."

Youngjae could tell from the tone of her voice.. she sounded exhausted... It would be no surprise if he found out she stayed up all night thinking about her son, praying to God with all her heart to not take Daehyun away yet.

She wouldn't have to go through all of that if it wasn't for him. If only he was brave enough to convince his mother to allow him to go to Busan, none of this would have happened.

"Aunty...I'm sorry.."

"What for?"

Youngjae's eyes darted aimlessly to the floor. He had been a failure. Sure Daehyun's stupidity was the major cause of all of this..but if he hadn't been too much of a coward himself.. none of this would have ever happened. Right now, who knows? they could probably be sleeping seperately. With Daehyun sound asleep in Busan and him, having sweet dreams in Seoul.. Yes, they're apart but it doesn't mean their friendship would be anyless. They could be peacefully sleeping right now. With no worries and just cheesy goodnights and cute virtual kissey emoticons.. if only Daehyun hadn't gone to Seoul..
If only he went to Busan instead..

Yeah.. it was his fault, right?

"I'm so so sorry, aunty... If I wasn't so much of a coward and actually had the guts to lecture my mom that I was old enough to go to Busan alone, like Daehyun did to you... Daehyun wouldn't have gone here.. he wouldn't have to get infected.. he wouldn't have to have his life at risk... I'm just so sorry I couldn't do anything to prevent this..."

he heard a sigh from the othe line

"Youngjae, sweety... you know how Daehyun is... he loves you so much that he'd totally ditch the idea of getting his life risked just to see you again... none of this was your fault, I mean, it's not like you begged him to come over. I know you... you probably told him otherwise and told him you weren't stupid enough to have him risk his life for you. This was solely because of Daehyun's personal choices, so don't blame yourself, okay?... If  anything, I am to blame. I have been a bad mother...if I hadn't gotten convinced over his wise talking skills and idiotic ideas, then he wouldn't even be in that hospital bed right now... So just refrain from thinking that you were the main cause of this, alright? Because you aren't."

Youngjae breathed, exhausted.. a part of him was thankful he didn't get a scolding from Daehyun's mother.

a few talks were made before the nurses eventually came out and told him it was okay to go in again..

"How is he?" He had asked a nurse.

"His breathing isn't that stable yet, but otherwise, he's fine... we just needed to get him to wear an oxygen mask... we'll remove the mask when his normal breathing pattern returns.."

Youngjae thanked the nurses and bowed a little for respect..

"Aunty? Did you hear that?"

"I heard every word! Ohhhh thank God he's alright... he really put me off the edge! Aishh that boy, really..."

A tired smile made it's way to Youngjae's chubby face... it was nice to hear her boisterous self..

"Youngjae... I think I finally can go back to sleep now... you go with Daehyun and tell me his condition when the sun's out... I don't want to stress him out right now... knowing him, he'll probably yell at me once he hears my voice and that wouldn't be good for him, as of the moment... so yeah.... I'll call you back later... tell my son I love him.."

Youngjae answered with a 'yes' in understanding... she really didn't want to stress Daehyun out... and so with a quick goodbye, Youngjae put his phone back inside his pocket..

He carefully opened the door, afraid he'd wake Daehyun up if ever he was sleeping.

Once inside, he quickly, but quietly went to the boy's side..
He watched as Daehyun's chest fell and rose in an uneven manner, quite fast actually and looked at Daehyun's tired droopy eyes as they stared at nothing in particular...

Youngjae let out a long sigh of relief.. at least he knew Daehyun was going to be okay...for now..

He moved his hand in front of Daehyun's face, trying to see if he could get a reaction or if his best friend was sleeping with his eyes open.

he only got about three blinks before Daehyun turned his head to face him.

The sick boy slowly shifted closer and lightly placed his hands around the latter, resting his head a bit, on Youngjae's chest.
Youngjae was quick to comply and softly played with the strands of Daehyun's hair.

"You scared me there, buddy.." 
Youngjae said with a voice full of concern and sadness.

"I'm sorry..."

The younger gave him a small smile...

"No need... It's not like you wanted it to happen.."

The latter nodded.

"What did mom say?... I know you were talking to her.."

He gave him a smile once more.

"She said she loves you.."

Daehyun rested his head more into Youngjae's chest and closed his eyes..

"Please tell her I love her too.."

Youngjae nodded and pulled out his phone, typing in a quick 'He says he loves you too' before putting his phone away, knowing she woudn't be able to read it till the sun came out.

"You know Daehyun... Your mom isn't the only person who loves you very very deeply..."

"I know... my father did too, and , my brother also does, as well as my fans..."

Youngjae chuckled..

"There's someone else.."

"Really? Who?..."

Youngjae kissed him soft and quick, on the lips.

" I do. "

____________________________________

*watches as tumbleweeds roll* Please someone sack me!!!

(;ಠ︹ಠ;ς) I haven't updated in so long ( ;ˇ ^ ˇ;) I'm so sarreh. I've been busy with the new school year lately.. So I haven't had the time to update... I can practically hear the crickets from Desperate like otl that fic is almost done, and I dun know why I just wont finish it already (후 ㅊ 후) It's driving me mad..  I just hope the people'll be gentle with the beatings 〣( ºΔº )〣