Studio

Still
''So Ajumma, tell me about yourself'' Hanbin asked. I rolled my eyes his new name for me.

''Ermm... let's see, my favourite colour is brown, I hate the taste of bubble gum, I love broccoli..'' I started before being cut off by Hanbins snorts

''Your favourite colour is brown? Whos favourite colour is brown!?'' Hanbin laughed at my random choice of facts ''And anyway, that's not what I meant. Tell me something deeper.''

''Such as?'' I stared out my window, not eager on revealing anything much deeper. My life was kind of messed up at the minute and to be honest I was scared to reveal anything deeper about myself. He looked over at me realising my hesitation.

"You're kind of secretive you know" I looked up at him tilting my head at his words wondering what he meant. "Makes me want to know more about you" He added with a lazy half smile resting on his lips. Something about watching his relaxed posture as he drove put me at ease, I stared for a while, at the way he would absent mindedly trace his jaw line with his fingertips.

''What do you want to know?'' I asked curious as to how he see seemed to be able to read me so well. 

''How did your Mum pass away?'' he asked carefully. 

''She had lung cancer'' I said with a small pause ''I was really young at the time but I remember she would cough a lot. Sometimes she would come from the bathroom after having huge coughing fits and I would see traces of blood in the sink afterwards.'' I grimaced remembering how she would always try and hide the pain she was in. ''She would have chemo sessions but I would hate them because she would come back looking tired as and in even more pain. But anyway the cancer spread and she wasn't able to fight it for much longer.'' I exhaled deeply once I'd finished. It brought back memories, and not the good ones. 

''I'm sorry'' Hanbin said softly. He reached his hand over to my lap and placed his hand over mine. I let his fingers entwine with mine, finding a new found comfort in his warm touch.

----

We arrived at the YG building, both carrying the equipment from the car. I followed Hanbin as we walked passed the security desk and down a long corridor towards the elevator. I looked around at awe, huge larger than life posters of Big Bang and 2NE1 covered the walls, glass panels ran along the corridor each with the silhoette of a different YG artist. A huge screen built into the wall played clips from the music videos of the differnent YG artists. The place looked expensive and intensely futuristic.

''Take your time'' Hanbin shouted down to me sarcastically. He was already at the elevator holding the doors open for me with his foot. I had been walking slowly trying to take everything in but hurried when I realised he was waiting for me. Even the elevator looked like something from a sci-fi movie. It was surrounded by more thin lines of screens lined up in a parellel fashion all playing together in synch to build up one huge image. I watched for a second as a dance clip of Taeyang started playing over the huge screens. I could've watched for longer but I could see Hanbin getting impatient as the elevator doors kept trying to close on his foot. I hopped into the elevator, balancing a heavy medium sized speaker in my arms. ''You've only seen one corridor and you already in this much shock'' Hanbin laughed. ''So what do you think?'' He was clearly amused by watching my reactions. 

''YG obviously has too much money and not enough time to spend it all, maybe I could help him'' I grinned.

''Yh good luck with that!" He pressed the button to take us to the 5th floor. The elevator was painted completely black inside and had a few spots lights at the top lighting up the small space. The ride was smooth, once we reached our floor the doors opened to reveal another corridor, much plainer than the one I had just seen at the entrance.

"Come on, I'll show you the studio I work in" Hanbin lead the way down the corridor stopping at one of the doors on the left. A sign saying studio 3 mounted on the door on a metal plate. Still holding the equipment he pushed down the handle with his elbow and walked in holding the door open for me.

"So this is where the magic happens" I smirked as I looked around at the small room, the walls lined with acoustic panels. I put down the speaker I had been carrying, happy to lightened the load. I continued to look around the room easily excited by the high-tech equipment. Hanbin saw me eyeing up the expensive looking setup.

"I didn't realise you'd be so interested in the tech" Hanbin brought a spinning chair over to me to sit down in "shall I show you what everything does?" He asked. I nodded eagerly, as he started to explain each piece of equipment to me. 

"Wow, there's so much that goes into music producing that I never even thought about" I was seriously amazed by the technology. I started spinning absent mindlessly in the chair forgetting about the speaker I had placed on the table behind. My elbow suddenly caught on the side of the speaker as I span, causing it land on my foot. 

Hanbin's POV

"Aaahh!!!!" I jumped as I heard Mia scream. I turned around quickly to see what had happened. She was clutching her leg tightly and I looked down to realise the speaker had fallen on her foot. I quickly got up from my chair and picked up the heavy speaker moving it over to the side, she gasped as her foot was freed from the heavy weight. 

"Are you okay!?" I asked kneeling down in front of her carefully lifting up her foot. I saw her wince at my touch, it must've been painful. I carefully removed her shoe to inspect the damaging hoping she hadn't broken anything. "Can you move your toes?" I watched as she tried to move them but gave up once she felt the pain "Come on, I need to check if you've broken anything." I told her, slowly placing the palm of my hand under her toes and flexing them myself. I felt her exhale harshly out in pain and grab my shoulder. 

"Stop! That hurts, ow!" She moaned as I continued to check each individual toe for any sign of damage. She grabbed my arm trying to make me stop insisting that it was fine.

"Just wait a second" I told her impatiently, but still feeling concerned about her pained expression. Her eyes were closed and her face scrunched up everytime I placed any pressure in her foot. "Okay I don't think anything is broken, but it looks like your gonna be getting a nice bruise" she dug her nails into my arm as I lightly massaged her foot with my thumb. "Let me go grab you some ice." I quickly ran out to grab an ice pack. When I came back she was still staring at her foot as if she was scared to touch it. "This should help with the swelling" I told her as I grabbed a chair and sat next to her. I placed her foot carefully on my lap and lowered the ice onto her toes. "How's it feeling" I asked whilst still holding the ice against her foot. She didn't reply, instead I felt her burrow her head into my shoulder. I could tell she was still in pain. She held her breathe anytime I would adjust the ice, I rested my head on top of hers, feeling her warm breathe against my neck, and felt her relax slightly. She mutter something under her breath.

"what was that?" I asked not catching was she was saying. 

"How's your speaker?" She asked, sheepishly looking down at it sitting on the side of the room.

"How are you still worried about the speakers after this. They will be fine, it's you I'm worried about" 

"Yh becuase my fat toes probably cushioned the fall" She mumbled to herself.

"Shut up, it wasn't your fault, these things happen." I said, surprised that she could still be thinking about the speakers. I felt something seeing her in pain, I didn't like seeing her like this. I hardly even knew this girl and she was somehow making me feel this worried for her. I moved  the ice pack again to the otherside of her foot, she closed her eyes trying to hide the pain she felt, I watched her face as she bit down on her lip. I felt strangely attracted to her, to be able to touch those full lips. I leaned in closer to her, tucking away a lose strand of hair behind her ear. Her eyes opened at my light touch. Suddenly looking up at me, parted slightly as if she was about to say something, but I just leaned in closer, our foreheads now touching, our gazes locked on eachother. 

*Brrrrr brrrrrr*

Mia jumped at the sound of her phone vibrating. I sighed, leaning back in my chair, out of all times to get a phone call! I managed to get a quick glimpse of the caller ID as she took her phone out of her pocket, it was Bobby. She stared at her phone for a few seconds contemplating about something before letting it go to voice mail. 

''What's up with you two?'' I asked ''You guys looked so tense when Bobby left for his schedule, is something up?'' She seemed surprised that I was able to pick up on their hushed argument in the kitchen at breakfast earlier, but they had been so obvious it would've been impossible not to notice.

''It's nothing, he was just trying to help me with something and I guess I kind of got a bit rude when I rejected his help.''

''So you two are good?''

''Yh of course! I'll probably buy him some food or something and make it up to him later, hes as good kid'' She started playing with her phone distractedly, making me wonder what they could've argued about, it had seemed quite serious. 

''I'm curious, how did you two meet'' I watched her mood lighten at the change of subject. 

''Well when I was about 8 after my Mum passed away me and my Dad decided to move house. We moved to this new neighborhood close to the new school I would be attending. Bobby lived a few doors down from me, I would always see him with his basketball playing by himself.'' Her eyes were unfocused as if she was drawing out old memories, but then her expression turned into a frown, ''This one time I saw these other kids corner him and steal his ball. I guess I got angry watching what they were doing to him so without really thinking I went up to them and head butted the oldest looking one in the head. I can't really remember but I think he started crying and ran off and the others must've gotten scared and followed him.''

''You headed butted him!? Are you serious'' I couldn't help myself and started laughing so hard I almost had tears in my eyes.I suddenly felt her flick me in the forehead. "Ow, what was that for?'' I grimaced rubbing my head.

''Are you finished? Anway after that he thanked me by teaching my how to play basketball. I guess since then we've been good friends and hes always looked out for me.''

"Wow you play basketball too?'' 

"Yep, maybe one day when I can actually walk we can have a one on one match. I'll try not to beat you too hard'' she added winking at me. 

''You wish you would be able to beat me! You're lucky your foots like this.'' We both laughed, but her laughter quickly faded and her expression turned serious.

''What's up?'' I wondered what she was thinking

''Nothing, I just think I better get going now.'' 

''Okay I'll drop you off in the car, let me just grab my keys'' I was about to stand up when she started to protest

''No, it's ok you don't need to drop me off'' She argued ''I was going to catch the bus anyway''

''Are you serious?! I can't let you leave like this. Can you even stand up?''

''Of course I can.'' This girl is seriously too stubborn for her own good I thought to myself. She slowly lowered her leg from my lap onto the ground. I quickly got up to help her as she attempted to stand up. She balanced herself on one foot and and gradually put pressure onto the other but winced in pain. ''Here, lean on me'' I put my arm around her small waist letting her shift her weight onto me. for some reasion my pulse racing at the proximity between us, what's wrong with me?, she wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we began to make our way back to the car.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" she questioned me, still trying to talk me out of dropping her off.

"Yes! I've been to Bobby's a few times before, I know exactly where am going. stop making a fuss I'm not letting you go home on your own" she wasn't going to win this arguement, no way. I helped her into the car before getting in myself. 

"Fine!" She pouted in defeat as I started to reverse the car. I felt her gaze on me, "What's with ur smile? you happy that I gave in?" She asked, I hadn't even realised I was smiling 

"No.."

"What then?" She had a slight annoyance in her voice making me smile even more

"You look kinda cute when you pout like that" I glanced at her from the side and saw her expression drop. I could've sworn I saw her cheeks turn slighlty red but I couldn't be sure. It didn't last long, she was quick to get over it and turned to glare at me. "Why you giving those eyes for? I just complimented you" 

"I'm not pouting to be cute!" She said with her arms crossed. I couldn't help but laugh at her, this girl had a temper on her and she really did look cute when she was angry. 

''Ok if you say so'' I , poking the space between her eyebrows to make her stop frowning. 

---------

I parked the car outside her house and unbuckled my seatbelt. Mia was staring out the window at her front door as if it was the first time she had seen it. 

''Mia'' I called, she didn't hear me. What was she always thinking so hard about? Somtimes I wished I could just read her mind. She seemed to have too many secrets and I earned to know more about her. Her phone was sat on the side of her chair, I picked it up without her noticing. Smiling, I figured this would be a good time to take her number. I quickly added myself into her contacts and sent myself a quick miss call before placing her phone back. ''Yah, Mia?'' She was still watching her door intently. I nudged her slightly with my elbow, it seemed to do the trick. She looked startled as if she had forgotten I was still in the car with her. ''You ready to go?'' I asked 

''Huh?.. oh, yh.'' She unbuckled her seatbelt and looked over at me ''What's the date today?''

''21st June, why?'' I asked puzzled.

''No reason.'' Her eyes wandered off again as if she was thinking hard about something. She grabbed her phone, sticking it in her back pocket and then opened the car door, I quickly got out and walked to her side of the car to help her out.

''I think I can walk now, the pains gone down a lot after the ice'' She carefully got out of the car but held on to my arm to balance herself. She paused for a second before then looing up at me ''Thank you for today.'' She gave my arm a slight squeeze and smiled. 

''I take back what I said before'' She looked puzzled at my words but I continued ''You're even cuter when you smile'' I grinned at her expression. Was I just seeing things again or did I manage to make this girl blush again? She was quick to give me her death glare. ''I guess that stare is your way of telling me thanks. And it's okay, you're welcome!'' She rolled her eyes looking as if she was trying to hold back another smile. She turned and started limping towards her house, I watched for a second, a strange feeling came over me. ''Wait!'' I called, walking up to her. Before she had time to fully turn her head I leaned in and pecked her on the cheek. Her eyes widened at the soft touch and she took a step back almost buckling from putting too much weight onto her injured foot. I grabbed her waist letting her find her feet again but was quick to let go scared she would punch me. Feeling satisified I turned and rushed back to the car before she had time to retaliate with that sharp tongue of hers. I removed my beanie, brushing my fingers through my hair. Today had been interesting.