Drinking, again

My Girl

Yuri's PoV 

Honestly. Why did i bother helping this girl out again? It was our first time meeting whilst she was sober and she was so rude. I think i prefer her being drunk.

I shouldn't judge her though, she seems like a person who hides her true feelings by pretending to be cold and harsh. She must have a lot going through her mind.

I learnt from my parents that i should never judge a person without knowing their background. Everyone's goes through alot in their life time so i always keep my judgements to myself. 

I pay for our drinks, well the drinks she ordered anyway. She left the cafe without me and stood outside tapping her foot, guess she was waiting for me? 

"uh, you never told me your name" i say whilst i follow behind her walking

"That's cause you never asked" She says back still walking ahead of me 

"Kwon Yuri, my names Kwon Yuri" i say 

"Well Kwon Yuri, my names Jessica Jung" 

Jessica. I don't know why that name suits her perfectly. I wouldn't have guessed that her name would be Jessica but now after hearing it i couldnt have guessed a better name that would suit her.

"You seem like a Jessica" i say without thinking.

"What does that mean?" She laughs 

Its nice seeing her laugh, its so different to her usual self i guess. Nothings cold about her laugh, it sounds innocent and genuine. 

I smile at her little laugh not knowing that she had stopped walking.

Its darker outside now and i didnt even notice just walking with her.

"Feel like drinking soju?" She asks 

"Im not much of a drinker..." 

"aishhh kid, live a little." she takes my arm and sits me down on a plastic chair infront of a stand. She then places two bottle of soju that she ordered along with a small bowl of peanuts. 

"I'll help you get used to drinking" she says as she pours some alcohol for me. 

"Is this a usual routine for you?" i ask 

"Pretty much..." she says pouring herself some too 

She starts drinking the Soju like it was plain water. never had i seen anyone with a high tolerance with alcohol.

as for me, i stopped drinking after my second shot. She was too busy drowning herself in soju too notice.

I watched as she drank shot after shot. 

"Why do you drink so much?" i ask, i already knew the answer since Sooyoung told me, but i just wanted to ask to start a conversation. 

"Why?... I don't know either..." She says, after her 6-7th shot shes starting to get a little drunk. 

"Is it cause your boyfriend left you?" I say again without thinking. Im not good with thinking about what i say. 

"I guess your bartender friend told you huh, well...that was just a cover up..." she puts the shot down and looks down at the table

A cover up? why would she need a cover up?

there was a silence that lasted for a few minutes

I guess shes not comfortable telling me.

"You dont ha-" she cuts me mid sentence

"Anni i'll tell you, ive been dying to have someone to talk about it to."  i wait for her to continue

"I had a guy who i loved, he was funny, caring and...stupid." she smiles a little and i felt something tugging in my heart. She was in pain. 

"He was basically my bestfriend...and not too long ago... he got into a car acident." she tries to blink away the tears. 

My heart felt like it just recieved a punch. It hurt seeing her like this. 

"It ended up taking his life" A lone tear falls down her cheek. Poor girl. 

"Byani..." i say knowing that my apology wouldnt do anything.

"Anni, anni. you shouldn't have to apologise." she says, i feel bad i should be assuring her instead of her assuring me. 

"I only tell people that i was dumped because its much more simpler than saying the person i love died, i don't want people pitying me." She takes another shot. 

"Yah why aren't you drinking..." she points at my glass and pours me Soju. 

 

So thats why you drink so much...


 

Again, just like yesterday shes on my back drunk and passed out. Her heads falls onto my left shoulder and i let her sleep. 

"aishh you must have been suffering all alone all this time..." 

She snores lightly and i smile at her 

As i walked down the street, i find the same hotel as yesterday. Again i book a room for her but this time i used her card instead of mine. 

I lay her on the soft mattress and move her hair that covered her face. 

She looks so innocent and peaceful as she sleeps. i watched her for awhile, breathing in and out. 

Although she has a cold outerior she had a sensitive and vulnerable side to her. 

Even though we had only properly met today, i felt close to her. I feel like wanting to be there for her. I want to stop her from hurting.