When I First Met You

My Girl

Yuri's PoV

It was a friday night, school had ended so i went to visit a bar downtown where my friend Sooyoung works part time she had been begging me to come down and have a drink with her. I dont drink regurlarly but since there were a pile of essays that are sitting at my desks i couldn't bring myself to go home. It was surprisingly quiet in the bar, there were only a few customers there tonight.

I sat at the bar infront of Sooyoung who was cleaning glasses with a towel that hung on her shoulders 

"You look like a real bartender doing that" I commented 

"Well i am suppose to be an actual bartender Yuri-yah" She said handing me a glass of whisky 

I looked down at the whiskey contemplating wether it would  be a good idea to get drunk tonight 

"You came here to drink right?" Sooyoung said as she watched me stare at the drink 

"Ah, yeah" i took tiny sips from the glass but my throat had already started to burn guess im not made for alcohol. 

There was a loud thud that came from the other side of the bar, it looked like one Sooyoungs customers has passed out. 

"Not again" Sooyoung muttered looking at the girl who her head on the bar "i told her to not drink so much" 

I turn my head to the girl that had passed out, her blonde hair laid on the bar along with her designer bag. She  looked like a university student.

"Yuri-yah can you do me a favour and just sit next to her tonight, i wouldn't want any guys to target her when shes all passed out" 

I nodded in agreement and took my seat right next to her, she smelt purerly of alcohol. It was a shame to see such a pretty girl wasted like this. 

"Regular of yours?" i asked Sooyoung who was still cleaning glasses

She nodded her head "Shes been coming here regularly since two weeks ago, always ending up like this. From what shes told me, her boyfriend who she had been faithful to cheated on her after two years

I looked down at the girl and felt sad for her "what a waste of time".

Suddenly the girl got up with her hand covering and ran to the toilets.

"i'll go see if shes alright" I say to Sooyoung as i made my way to the toilets 

"Gomawo Yuri" Sooyoung shouts across the bar. 

 

 

I stood outside the stall hearing the girl puking into the toilet, it was not pleasant, it was hard for me not to throw up along with her i started to gagg too everytime she did, but thankfully i manage to keep it down. 

she was still drunk and no where near becoming sober, but atleast she had the decency to throw up in the toilet.

"Kwenchana?" I softly ask her tapping her on the shoulder 

"ughhhhhhhh" was what i got in response 

what do you do in this situation? She obviously can't make it home by herself, i face palm my self. Somehow i felt responsible to bring her home myself, one big problem though. How would i know where she lives? 

I grab her arms and place one onto my shoulder and lifted her up to her feet and walked her out the toilets Sooyoungs watching me and i point at the direction of the doors signalling that i was gonna bring her to the train station.

I repositioned her and carried her on my back she was light so i had no trouble. But annoyingly she was hitting me with her bag and fidgeting she must think im some erted guy thats taking her home. i sigh as i struggled to carry her this time she was hitting me and people were staring at me. 

Finally i got to the train and got in i sat her next to me and she placed her head on my shoulders as she slept, i sigh again, how did i get myself into this? i shouldve just let her there

Again she got up as the train started to move she was covering and i knew exactly what was going to happen. I dont think she was aware that we were on the train because she was stumbling down the train trying to find the toilets. She came to a halt infront of an old man reading a newspaper. The old man looked up at her in confusion. 

Oh God. Just as i thought she threw up on the old guy. passengers looked at her in horror as she wiped away some puke with her sleeve. The old man sat there eyes wide open. Im not gonna lie i found it hilarious, but i shouldnt have started laughing because the old guy gave me the evils. i bow and pretend to not look at what just happened staring out the window with a poker face. 

"YOU..." he pointed at me and i start to panic "SHES YOUR FRIEND ISNT SHE?" i shook my head 

He stomped as he made his way to me i got up and bowed "CLEAN THIS UP" he pointed to the barf which covered his chest i gagg as the stench went up my nose. 

Im not a bright kid and i didnt know what to do in that situation, so i grab a small towel from my bag and start wiping the sick away. It didn't help much as it only caused it to spread. The old man growled looking down at me. 

Meanwhile the girl was leaning on the train doors, i noticed that the train doors were about to open, so i quickly grabbed her before she fell out of the train. I got out of the train with her on my back again"Sorry!" i yell back at the old man who looked furiously at me. I was too busy laughing at the old guy that i didn't notice that i was pretty much lost. Great. 

I decided to take her into an Inn for the night since i dont know what else to do. I ended up paying with all my weeks worth of saving. Just for this stranger. I bite my lips trying not to cry. it took me so long to save up that money. 

I lay her on the bed and scowl at her. "Why did i bother to help you" i sit down covering my face with my hands. Fully regreting my decisions tonight. 

Oh yeah! i forgot about Sooyoung, i grab my phone and start to text her 

Me: Soo! oh my God Soo can you please pick me up!

Soo: Yuri! where are you i thought you were gonna be home i went up to check on you after work! wheredid you go! 

Me: Long story can you just pick me up? 

Soo: Where are you? 

I text her the adress or what i think was the adress 

Soo: How the hell did you get there?! 

Me: can you just pick me up, please. 

Soo: Ok i'll be there soon wait outside. 

I look back at the blonde girl who was now sleeping soundly on the bed perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea to just leave her here, so i tear a piece of paper from my note book and write down my phone number.

I place it on the desk and look at her one more time before leaving. Why do i get the feeling that im going to regret this?.