The Truth

THE STRANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jungkook was surely someone who can help you with anything plus, he is overly kind that others take advantage of it. He will help and ask nothing in return. He would always say yes and says he’s always fine.

If there’s one thing left in me; it was guilt that I haven’t explain to him why I grew farther away from him. As naïve as he is; it was clearly unfair to his part.

I turned to him who was now sitting on the sand as well; “Jungkook” I hesitated at first but it was the perfect time when we’re just alone. It doesn’t matter if he’ll know the reason behind; I just want to apologize. He looked at me straight in the eyes just as he always does; “I’m sorry” I pushed the words out and looked away.

“For what?” he asked just as I expected, “I hope you forgive me” I looked at him once more before looking at the distant water.

“But you don’t have anything to be sorry of” at the corner of my eyes I could see him still staring at me. I didn’t reply; I believe deep inside he knows what I apologized for. It became silent since I didn’t reply. The sounds of the waves crashing, the wind blowing and the distant bass of the music are the ones that can only be heard.

“How are you?” Jungkook suddenly asked and I felt like slapping my face with my two palms; he always starts a conversation with that question. “Same” I answered, uninterested on the conversation that only has a start.

“Why are you here by the way? Did you and Jimin quarrel?” I asked since they were inseparable, “No. I just want to talk to you” he replied, “About what?” I asked and he only shrugged and smiled. Pointless; You’ll never get him to talk.

But now that we’re alone maybe I should ask him… Why he was like that? He’ll never know I fell out of love because of that. He’ll never know that once I did fell in love with his overflowing kindness but it never lasted…

That time; I thought he liked someone else and it broke my heart. Everything is unclear about him. You’ll never know how he feels, who he likes, what he hates… Jeon Jungkook is a complete stranger to me even if we shared a year of friendship.

 

 

There were just a lot of questions I wanted to ask him but all of it doesn’t matter now. I lay down; my back flat on the sand resting my head on my palm and admired the beautiful night sky. I won’t forever get tired of looking at the stars like these, “Was I really a friend to you before?” I suddenly asked and he looked down to me a bit surprised, “Of course” he replied. “How about now?”

“Yes. Why?” he asked and I felt a lump on my throat; to think about it I was just the only one who withdrew while he stayed the same and I don’t know if he was truly oblivious of it or he was just ignoring the fact that what we have between us has changed, “What about you?” he asked again when I didn’t respond.  

I want him to be honest with me so I should be to him, I always was. It was just him whose words are mostly from the mind and not from the heart. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter