Woosungyoon

Be Mine

 

Chapter 10

“Hyuna, did Myungsoo send you home?”

Hyuna blushed looking at her mother’s cheeky smile.

“Umma!” she whined and hid her red face with her hands, “We are just friends,”

Her mother smiled and put her hands on Hyuna’s shoulder, “I know you have grown up and I am not against you going into a relationship. Well, I know how being young feels like,” she said dramatically.

“Umma….” Hyuna looked at her comically mother, “Well, how’s business at the eatery?”

“Great!” Hyuna’s mother cheered as she placed the dishes onto the table, “Someone actually ordered 100 serving of lunch every day. I think it’s for company lunches or something. And we are so lucky to meet nice people to supply us ingredients at very low prices. I think we are very lucky!”

“Really? That’s such good news! ” Hyuna nodded her head happily.  "I'm so happy we are all doing well in Seoul," 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jeon Jiyoon!”

Jiyoon took off her earpiece and turned to her back, “Uh…”

She wondered who called her name, but never dreamt of the day that the leader from Infinite, Kim Sunggyu would actually call her name.

“Yes? “ She’s afraid to be dragged away like how Sungyeol dragged Hyuna away, oh so dramatic.

“Well, you are part of our little dead cat investigation group! I guess I would say hi,” Sunggyu grinned, with his eyes forming a line. “Oh yeah! Remember our group meeting during lunch break! Come to the tree! Bye!”

He walked off with a cool hand wave, leaving Jiyoon confused, trying to digest the information. Since when did I become part of them?

-------------------------------------------

“Jihyun, is everything okay?”

Gayoon asked looking at her red swollen eyes, her family must had been badly affected by her father’s retrenchment, considering she has two younger siblings.

“I don’t know. My parents had a big fight yesterday, it’s so scary,” Jihyun replied softly, fighting her tears. "My father is always doing well in his company, he just doesn't know why, just out of the blue he's fired,"

The girls kept quiet, not knowing how to help.

 “It will be okay,” Hyuna gave Jihyun a squeeze on her hand.

“Definitely will,” Sohyun added, with a small smile. 

“Yes,” Jihyun nodded her head, grateful to have such a group of friends with her, “Where is Jiyoon?”

“I don’t know, she rushed out the moment lunch bell rang,” Gayoon shrugged, “Let’s go for lunch!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Welcome Welcome!” Woohyun flashed his big smile as Jiyoon walked towards them.

Jeon Jiyoon! Why did you come eventually? She did not understand why, but she found herself with Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun again.

“We are agents of Kwon Sohyun’s cat incident! Cool name?” Woohyun joked, looking at his team mates.

“ That sounds stupid, I think woosungyoon is a better one,” Sunggyu suggested, smiling with his eyes forming a line.

“Yes! That’s awesome! Woosungyoon!  Let’s crack the case!” Woohyun gave Sunggyu a high5 excitedly.

Jiyoon rolled her eyes, not believing this. Who is the one that says Infinite are a bunch of scary kids? More like dumb and dumber brothers.

“Well! Let’s get started! I think firstly we have to know if Kwon Sohyun made any enemies in school!” Sunggyu asked, feeling proud of his intelligent question. “Ah, am I a natural born detective?”

Jiyoon ignored Sunggyu’s last sentence but tried to think hard regarding Sohyun’s enemies. “No, Sohyun is such a sweet girl. She definitely has no enemy,”

“Or is there any weird person in your class?” Woohyun asked.

Jiyoon gulped and looked at the two curious faces, “I think it’s inappropriate to say it,”  

“Nothing is inappropriate! We need all information to crack the case!”

She swallowed the lump on the throat, “Weird person in my class? Uh.. Kim Myungsoo!” She said the name as quick as she could then covered with her hands, she said it.

Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at each other and back to her.

“Remember nothing is inappropriate?!” Jiyoon looked at the two innocently.

Sunggyu nodded his head, “I understand Myungsoo can be a little weird at times, but he certainly has no reason to prank your friend,”

“I know,” Jiyoon pursed her lips, why would the almighty Kim Myungsoo care about them, even if he would, he could just kick them out of the school, no need for such strange acts.

“This is so frustrating!” Woohyun brushed his hair impatiently, kicking the stones on the ground. “I can’t believe I can’t solve this! I must! I wouldn’t give up! ”

“Maybe you just can’t,” Sunggyu sighed. “Let’s go for lunch, ignore this stubborn guy,”

“Lunch? We?” Jiyoon widen her eyes and Sunggyu just wrapped his arm over her shoulder and pulled her along with him.

-------------------------------------------------

“Gayoon? I see you smiling to your phone? Who’s that?” Hyuna nudged her friend cheekily, trying to peek at her phone.

“It’s nothing!” Gayoon quickly put her phone into her pocket, ”Eat your lunch! We shall not be late for class again!”

“So suspicious…” Sohyun giggled, “Are you in love?”

Gayoon widen her eyes, “Nothing like that!” She denied but her red face showed everything. She covered her face with her hands, “I don’t know…”

“Who!” The girls opened in shock, the ever cool Gayoon in love!

“Not exactly in love, but I think it’s starting? We chatted a lot online; I never thought of this day, I feel so blessed! ” she said sweetly, fanning her red face.

“Is it that basketball captain? Yoon Doojoon?” Jiyhun snapped her finger and figured out who could be the one to make Gayoon like this. Gayoon secretly likes him ever since the first year, but she hardly shows it.

“Yoon Doojoon? Ah, no wonder Gayoon always pull us to watch the basketball team’s practices! Now I know the reason ….”

“Are you crazy!” Gayoon quickly covered Sohyun’s mouth and shot her a glare. Sohyun looked at Gayoon fearfully and nodded her head violently, signaling Gayoon to let go of her.

“Sorry, I’m just too happy for you,” Sohyun stuck out her tongue playfully. “But wow! That’s surprising, you guys didn’t talk throughout the years, but you both start talking suddenly?”

“I don’t know, he suddenly talked to me online, he said I’m cute,” Gayoon giggled shyly, “He actually asked me out this weekend,”

“Wow! Did you say yes?” Jihyun grabbed Gayoon’s hand excitedly.

Gayoon nodded her head shyly.