Chapter 6

Mind Games

 

 

“You’re so great. Does Yibo tell you that you’re so great?” Seung Yeon cooed, linking his arm with Yona’s as the other boys nodded along enthusiastically. Yixuan had notified the other boys that Yibo was back to normal, and they had all but dragged Yona away from him after class to bring her to a restaurant as thanks. Yona scratched her head with her free hand, smiling sheepishly at the boys.

“Well, on occasion I guess…”

“Never mind that!” Sung Joo scooted his chair closer to Yona’s and placed an arm around her. “When Yibo gets into a mood, it usually takes months to get him out of it, but here you are, saving the day and . I’m just curious though, how did you do it?” Yixuan snickered from across the table and Yona swiftly kicked him, silencing the male.

“You could say that I proposed to him a deal he couldn’t refuse.”

Either cheer up or live with blue balls. Wise boy if you ask me.

“Damn, must have been a pretty sweet deal.” Wen Han looked at Yona in awe. “Yibo’s hella stubborn, but I guess you must be special to him.” He went to pick a piece of food off of Seung Yeon’s plate, but the younger smacked his hand away with a disapproving look. Yona smiled at the 4 boys around her. They seemed like good friends for Yibo, and they were so welcoming and accepting of her.

“Yona!” Her thoughts were interrupted as she looked up to see Wen Han waving a hand in front of her face. “You good? You just spaced out there.”

“Hm? Yeah no I’m fine. Did you say something?”

“Yeah, I was wondering if you were gunna finish that.” He asked, pointing to her full plate. The boys had ordered for her but she had no intentions of eating it. She was saving her appetite so she would be able to eat with Yibo when she returned.

“Dude, we brought her here to thank her. Not to eat her food for her.” Yixuan shook his head.

“No shame.” Sung Joo tsked. Wen Han pouted, looking at Yona.

“But you haven’t touched a single thing on your plate! It would be a waste…” Yixuan smacked the back of his head.

“No, it’s fine.” Yona smiled brightly. “Switch seats with me, you can have my food.” Sung Joo tightened his hold on Yona’s shoulders.

“No, I want to sit beside Yona!”

“Then I’ll sit on Yona’s lap.” Wen Han stated matter-of-factly and plopped himself down on top of said girl. She giggled as the other boys began to chastise him.

“You’re a ing two-year old.” Yixuan scowled at him. Wen Han stuck his tongue out at him as a response.

“Aren’t you just mad because we’re all sitting with Yona except you?” He grinned, picking some food off Yona’s plate and waving it tauntingly in front of Yixuan’s face. “She’s Yibo’s girl, Xuan. You. Can’t. Have. Her.”

“How about you shut the up?” Yixuan stood, smacking his palms on the table causing a few drinks to spill and cutlery to clatter to the floor.

“Woah!” Seung Yeon scooted his chair away, trying to distance himself from the scene they were creating.

“Hey, calm down you guys!” Sung Joo held his arms up between the two, trying to diffuse the situation. Yona simply blinked, stifling laughter. She was reading their minds and knew that they weren’t really upset with each other, it was more of a brotherly spat.

“Tell this kid to keep his mouth shut the-”

“I leave Yona alone with you guys for 30 minutes and look at what I come back to.” Everyone froze. All eyes turned towards the door to find a very pissed off Yibo eying Wen Han as though he had just kicked him in the shins. He stalked over to the table and all the boys but Wen Han moved away cautiously. He simply turned his attention back to the plate and it’s contents, ignoring the death like aura that was being emitted from the boy in front of him.

“Hi Yibo!” Yona waved from behind Wen Han.

“Get. Up.” He growled, ignoring her. Yona pouted.

“We were bonding though.” Yona wrapped her arms around Wen Han’s waist. He grinned cheekily, leaning back into her.

“Yeah. Bonding.” Yixuan sighed and Yona looked over at him.

Here we go.

“Wen Han I swear to GOD if you don’t get up right now-”

“You’ll do what maknae?”

“You of all people can’t call me that, your face looks like a two year old’s for the love of God.” Leaning down so that he was eye level with him, Yibo smirked. “If you don’t get up…I still know where you keep the spare key to your apartment. Do you want a repeat of last time?” All the guys cringed. Yona suddenly received an image of charred and burnt clothing and wondered just what the hell had happened ‘last time’. Wen Han slowly got up and moved away from Yona, taking the plate with him.

“Geez, you’re such a bully.” He grumbled. Seung Yeon chuckled at him.

“You brought it on yourself.”

“Yeah, it’s your own fault for being a little brat.” Sung Joo lightly hit him on the shoulder. Yona giggled, standing up and taking Yibo’s hand.

“Did you come to get me?” She asked, intertwining their fingers. His cheeks tinted pink as he nodded slightly, looking away from her. She giggled while squeezing his hand, leaning in to whisper to him. “After last night, you still blush because of something like that?” He covered his face to hide his deepening blush as he recalled, in very vivid detail, said events.

“I-It’s a normal human reaction dammit.”

“Hey hey hey.” Yixuan stepped in between the pair, throwing an arm around both Yona and Yibo. “Stop flirting in public, it’s gross.”

“He’s just jeal-” Sung Joo smacked the back of Wen Han’s head. Yona smiled up at Yixuan.

“We’re actually heading out now. Thanks for the food!” Yibo tugged on Yona’s hand and the two made their way to the door.

“Bye guys.” The four boys chorus.

“Better ing take care of her.” Yixuan grumbled, pouting at Yibo’s retreating form. Wen Han sighed, walking over to Yixuan to sympatheically pat him on the back.

"You'll find your own girl some day." Yixuan narrowed his eyes at the younger male, Seung Yeon coming over to pull Wen Han away.

"I'll fight you." Wen Han chuckled at Yixuan's threats. "Keep laughing, enjoy it now because you wont be able to when you're breathing through a tube in the ER."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“D…Do you wanna sleep over again tonight?” Yibo asked. They had just gotten through the front door and already Yona was making her way to the kitchen to prepare food for the two of them. She smiled, this was the first time he had openly invited her to stay.

“Sure.” She turned around, bumping into him instantly as he was following closely behind her. She wrapped her arms lazily around his waist, resting her chin on his chest as she looked up at him mischievously. “But where are you going to sleep? The couch looks kinda small but I guess you could make it work.” He pouted, embarrassed he was actually going to have to say it.

Well…I thought we could like sleep on the same bed…beside each other…o-or something.

Looking down at her grinning face, he quickly backtracked.

Or I guess the couch isn’t too bad! Yeah, maybe I’ll crash there instead!

She laughed, shaking her head. “You know I’m playing with you. I’ve finally managed to get you in my bed, you think I’m going to pass up more opportunities?”

“W-Well technically, it’s my bed.”

“Oh?” She leaned up to give him an eskimo kiss. “Well now it can be our bed.” He stared down at her, waiting for his thoughts to enter her mind.

I know that this is going to be a weird question, taking everything into consideration, but where do you live? I’ve never been to your place but we’re always at mine.

His eyes widened marginally.

You’re not homeless, are you?

She hit his chest lightly, giggling. “No, I stay in residence. I’m barely ever in my dorm room though, so I might as well just move into your house.” She joked. When Yibo didn’t join in on her laughter, she fidgeted slightly, removing her arms from around his waist and trekking back into the kitchen. “Hey, I’m only messing around. I know you like to take things slow, and you’re right, we don’t know much about each other so it wouldn’t be wise to-”

“Do you want to move in with me?” Yibo cut in, surprising the both of them. She paused, turning around to look at him.

“…Yibo, that’s-”

“I understand if you don’t want to. But don’t think that I’m asking you to make you happy or anything. It’s just that I…really really like you. But more than that, I have very strong…feelings towards you…”

Why is this so damn hard?

“Ok basically, I’ve been happier since we started…dating-”

“Oh we’re dating now?”

“Shhh, let me finish.” Yona smiled at the flustered boy in front of her. “And you spend enough time here that you might as well just live here…and to be perfectly honest, I get lonely when you’re not here." He shook his head, trying to organize his thoughts. "It’s just really weird because when you’re not here, I don’t feel any different then how I used to feel when I didn’t know you. Which means that I’ve been lonely all this time and I didn’t realize until I experienced what being with you was like. And yesterday night, when we were just sleeping, just lying there, it was one of the best feelings I’ve ever felt in my life.”

“…” Yona simply stared at him with an unreadable expression. He cleared his throat awkwardly.

“…Um, yeah. That’s about it. But I mean, that was really corny and cheesy sounding so if you don’t wanna move in then I understand, it was really just a sugges-oof!” Yibo fell back onto the carpet as Yona tackled him to the ground. “Ow…what was that for?”

“Wang Yibo, I’m so in love with you.” Yona gripped onto Yibo’s shirt, hugging him as if there were no tomorrow. He sighed a breath of relief, placing an arm behind him to steady himself, and the other arm around her in a return embrace.

“I lo…I know.”

“Yes, of course I would love to move in with you.” He smiled, his arm going weak and the couple fell back on top of each other.

“I honestly didn’t know if you were going to say yes or not.”

“Are you serious? I was ready to move myself in, I was just surprised that you’re the one who asked.” He laughed, absent mindedly rubbing her back. This was the happiest he had ever been in his life. She sat up, straddling him and he stared up at her, using a hand to move a few of her braids behind her ear, out of her face. Yona stared back at him, holding his gaze. Suddenly, she spoke, breaking the tension between them. “Ok sorry but I have a question. I’ve been thinking about it for a while now.”

“What’s up?”

“What does maknae mean?”

“That’s so random, why?”

“Wen Han called you that at the restaurant. Is it an insult?” Yibo laughed, shaking his head.

“Well, depends on who you’re saying it to.” Yona looked at him with confusion, not understanding the joke. “It basically just translates to ‘youngest’.” He expanded. “In our group of friend’s, I’m the youngest.”

“Ah. Is it Korean?” Yona asked. Yibo nodded. “Also, how did you guys meet?”

“Well, you know how ethnic groups tend to form communities and ?” Yona nodded. “Well, we were the Korean community. All of our parents met and became friends, and we were all forced to hang out by association. But then we actually became friends and it just kind of stayed that way.”

“Awweh, that’s cute! So you guys have been friends for a long time?”

“Yeah. They know basically everything about me.” Yona didn’t respond, instead choosing to stare at Yibo until he began to get slightly uncomfortable. “What’s wrong?”

“To be honest? I feel a little jealous of them.”

“What, why?” Yona moved her hand down to play with a loose string hanging off Yibo’s shirt.

“When do I get to know basically everything about you?” She asked quietly. Yibo sighed, rolling them over so that he could stand up. Yona remained seated, staring at the floor.

You already know everything about me.

“Then why won’t you say that out loud?” Yona stood, shifting her weight. She wasn’t very good with confrontation. “You know, it’s easy to think something, but when you actually say it out loud, you’re putting truth to it. So why don’t you try saying that out loud? You wouldn’t lie to me, would you Yibo?”

“Can we…not do this please? You told me you’d wait until I was comfortable to talk about myself, or was that just a lie so you could get in my pants or something?” Yibo ran a hand through his hair, frustrated.

“Because I can read minds, I know that you didn’t mean that.” Yona sniffled, swiping at her eye. “But that doesn’t mean it still didn’t hurt.” Yibo turned around, and gripped Yona by the shoulders. Gently resting his head at the crook of her neck, he exhaled deeply.

I’m sorry, but please. If you love me, then you’ll give me some time.

“Yibo, that’s not fai-”

“Please!” He slid his hands down from her shoulders, in a soft caress, to grip her hands, not moving his head from it’s position beside her neck. “I just need you to give me some time to figure myself out. I’ve never had to open up to anyone like this before so I’m new to all this. It scares me. You scare me, because you make me feel all these things…” He trailed off, squeezing her fingers desperately. Yona unhooked their hands, and lifted Yibo’s head off her shoulder so she could look him in the eye. She saw all the pain and desperation that was in there and her heart bled for him.

“Because I love you, I won’t push it any further.” She laughed sadly, shaking her head. “I can’t even stay mad at you, how sad is that? Honestly, as long as I can be with you, and you with me, I’ll be able to get over anything. So take your time. Tell me when you’re ready, I’ll still love you regardless.” She placed a soft kiss on his forehead, resting her own against it.

Mianhae. Saranghae.

“What does that mean?” She asked softly. Yibo wrapped his arms around Yona, securing her in his embrace.

“Thank you Yona. Thank you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yona honestly thought that she would be able to tame her curiosity, and no matter what, be ok with whatever Yibo was going through. So when, for the first time in about a week, the strange men from before chased them down the alleyway, Yona thought she would be able to handle it. When it happened the next day as well, Yona would admit that she was a bit agitated, but Yibo was alive and unhurt and they were still together so all was well. When it happened the next day, for the third time in a row, Yona finally snapped. It wasn’t so much the chasing that set her off, it was that, in the moment of being chased, Yona had one of the scariest thoughts of her entire life. Being someone who loved to wear heels, they were a bit of a hindrance when running away from a group of potentially life threatening thugs. She had found herself thinking of outfits she could coordinate with running shoes because stilettos weren’t practical for life or death chases in rocky, uneven alleyways. And that was when she snapped.

“Holy, it’s like they’re getting more and more stamina every time.” Yibo lightly joked upon entering his newly shared home with Yona. Yona had been silent the whole way home after the chase, and Yibo had just assumed that it was taking her some time to catch her breath. They had been chased for 3 days in a row after all, and it was pretty taxing on the body. However, as bad as he felt for putting her though all that, he still just did not have the courage to tell her about his past. When Yibo received no response from Yona, he turned to look at her, reaching out to take her hand. He was disheartened, but not all that shocked when she pulled away. “…Yona…”

“No Yibo, just, just stop. Don’t say anything. That’s what you do best after all!” She laughed bitterly, kicking her heels off her sore feet. Yibo looked down, disappointed with himself. “Oh don’t ing bother playing the sad act Yibo, I get it. I ing get it, you can’t tell me and I respect that. But it doesn’t make it any easier.” She limped over to the couch, rubbing her face in her hands. “I’m trying my best to be here for you, but it just feels so pointless. I mean, I would do anything for you, and I really mean anything! But would you do the same for me? I mean, I just want to wear shoes I like in ing peace!” Yibo looked up in confusion.

“Shoes?”

“Ugh, never ing mind that. That’s not the point. The point is that, I would do anything for you, tell you everything in the blink of an eye. But it always feels like you don’t care, and you close yourself off as well. There are moments when I think I see something else in our relationship, but as soon as I touch on it, you tense up and it vanishes. And I’m a selfish woman Yibo, always have been, probably always will be. I don’t want you on a superficial level. I want all of you. The good and the bad, no matter how bad it is, it’s a part of you and I will love it no matter what.” Yibo walked over to Yona and crouched down to be eye level with her.

“I want to tell you Yona, but I just can’t. It’s not easy, I’m sorry.” Yona sighed, standing up.

“There are a lot of things in this world that aren’t easy, but people have managed to do them anyways. So sorry just isn’t going to cut it right now.” Limping over to the door, Yona opted for a comfier pair of shoes, and proceeded to wear them.

“Where are you going?” Yibo called out weakly, still crouched in front of the couch.

“I need to be alone right now.”

“A…Are you going to come back?” Yona looked at Yibo with a tired, weary gaze. Smiling sadly, she opened the front door.

“Don’t I always?”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Yona wandered around aimlessly, lost in thought as she ran over her situation with Yibo in her mind. She knew he had feelings for her, but she just wasn’t sure how far those feelings went. She didn’t like to doubt herself, as that only led to unhappiness, but she was seriously worried if he would ever love her like she loved him. He had never out right said it to her after all, and considering the amount of times he had the opportunity to, she was beginning to get a little frustrated.

I just wish he’d be more honest with me…

Yona was literally knocked out of her thoughts when she bumped into a person walking in her direction. Wincing in slight pain from the fall, she looked at the offending person, hanging open in shock once his face registered in her mind.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry! I wasn’t looking and…are you ok?” The stranger stood up, sticking a hand out to Yona. When she didn’t take it, but continued to stare at him, he wondered if she had hit her head during the impact.

“What? N-no, I’m fine, just a little…shaken up.” Yona stared at the stranger, accepting his hand to help her up. She turned away momentarily, a blush tinting her cheeks.

Holy , he looks just like Yibo!

“Um…are you sure you’re ok?” The handsome, in Yona’s eyes, stranger tapped her on the shoulder, returning her attention to him. She stuttered, a little spooked by how similar he looked to Yibo, but how different he was, personality wise.

“Uh…”

“If it’s not too much, I could get you some coffee?” The man scratched the back of his head sheepishly. “I just feel really bad for knocking you over, I wasn’t paying attention so that’s the least I could do.”

“Uh…sure…”

“Yeah?” He grinned happily and her heart fluttered. “Awesome, let’s go then! I know this great place like 2 minutes away.” He grabbed her hand, starting off down the sidewalk. When she didn’t really follow, he looked back at her, noticing that her eyes were fixed on their conjoined hands. “Oh! Sorry, I don’t mean to get into your personal space, it’s just that you looked a little unsteady after you fell so I’m mostly just holding on to you for support.” She nodded, and he grinned, resuming his walk. “This is so weird!”

“W-what is?”

“This! It feels like a movie scene, you know, the guy bumps into the girl and because it’s fate, they end up together.” Yona found herself nodding along, until she came to her senses and frantically shook her head.

“I-Uh, boyfriend…I think.”

“Pardon?” Yona sighed, remembering Yibo.

“I have a…boyfriend.”

“You sure? You don’t sound too certain.” He teased. She pouted, lightly hitting his arm.

“Yes, I’m sure. And I love him a lot, thank you very much.”

“Does he love you?” Yona looked at him wide eyed, shocked by his question. “Ah, we’re here.” He held the door open for her as she slowly walked through, and standing behind her, he led her, with his hands pushing her shoulders, to a nearby table. “Hold on, I’m going to go order.”

Why did he ask me that?

When the stranger returned, he held two coffee’s in his hands, placing one down in front of Yona. He smiled at her, but she didn’t return it. “What did you mean before?” She asked suddenly, visibly upset.

“Hm?”

“When you asked if he loved me. Why did you ask that?” He sat back in his seat, pondering.

“Well, usually people say ‘we’re in love’, but your exact words were ‘I love him’. And judging by your response, I’m going to assume that it’s a slightly one-sided feeling. No offense or anything.”

“None taken I guess.” Yona sat back as well, taking the coffee and blowing gently on it.

“You know, if he’s not treating you right, then I’m sure there are plenty of guys out there who would.”

“Oh really?” She asked, sarcastically looking around the coffee shop. “Do you know any?”

“As a matter of fact I do.” He challenged, leaning forward to smile mischievously at her. She raised her eyebrow. “I don’t want to sound cocky or anything, but I have been known to sweep women off their feet.” She rolled her eyes playfully, laughing.

“Well then I guess you lived up to your reputation. But I wouldn’t say sweep, it was more of a shove.” She said, referencing their first meeting. He laughed, his eyes forming crescents.  

“So it worked, didn’t it? You’re on a date with me!” He winked at her, joking. Yona laughed, noting with interest that he spoke with a slight lisp when he wasn’t focused on it.

“A date? Hardly. I only go out with people whose names I know.” Sticking a hand out over the table, she smiled at him. “I’m Yona, by the way.”

“Yona.” He tested the name out, extending his hand to shake hers. “Pretty name for a pretty girl.” She blushed lightly, laughing and shaking her head at his corniness. “Don’t laugh! This is all part of how I sweep, or shove women off their feet. It works every time.” He winked at her, laughing at his own joke.

“Ok Mr. Right. You gunna tell me your name?”

“Depends. If I do, will you consider this a real date?”

“…No promises.” He laughed, smiling at her.

“I’ll take my chances. I’m Sehun.”

 

~~~~~~

 

When Yona finally returned home a few hours later, she found Yibo sitting on the floor by the door, looking disheveled and upset. As she walked in, he leapt up, engulfing her in a hug. “I honestly wasn’t sure if you would come back.” He said softly, his hands roaming her, making sure she wasn’t a dream. She smiled sadly, instantly feeling guilty about how much fun she had had with Sehun just moments before.

“I’d never leave you silly.” He chuckled softly, running his hands through her braids.

“Silly. You haven’t called me that since we first met and I was a total to you. Yet you still stayed with me.” Pulling her away to arm’s length, his eyes met hers. “Sorry for doubting you.” She shook her head, tears springing to her eyes. Yibo was never this gentle. She knew he felt really bad about what had happened that afternoon, and these past few days. He took a deep breath, shakily exhaling it. “I…I want us to know each other better. So if you have any questions about me, then I would be h-happy to answer them. And I want to ask you questions as well.”

“Yibo, you don’t have to do that. I don’t want you to feel that I’m forcing you to do anything.”

“You’re not forcing me. I’ve realized how selfish I’ve been to you, and I want to make it up to you.” She brought her hand up to rest it on his cheek.

“Ok. But I won’t ask you any questions about the chases and the thugs and stuff. I want you to feel comfortable enough to tell me about it without a prompt.” He closed his eyes, resting his cheek in her hand, nodding slightly.

“Thank you.” He led her over to the couch, sitting her down, then laying his head in her lap. “Ok, you go first.” She paused, thinking of a good question.

“Do you think your parents will like me?”

“…They would have, yes.”

“Would have?” Yibo looked away, his eyes glossing over.

“They died a few years ago. My parents had a lot of money and they left half of it to me. Hence why I can afford my own place and university.”

“Who did the other half go to?”

“My brother.” Yona nodded, taking Yibo’s hand.

“Are you and your brother close?”

“…Not really, we used to get along when we were younger but…it takes a certain kind of person to get along with him. He’s kinda weird. Plus we haven’t talked in a very long time, so I guess we’re not that close anymore.” Yona nodded, Yibo’s hand with her thumb. The two were silent for a long moment. “But yes.”

“What?”

“My parents would have loved you. They always wanted me to do well for myself, and find someone that I would be happy with. And I’m happy with you.” He looked up at her, squeezing her hand. “What about your parents, will they like me?” Yona smiled sadly at him.

“I don’t have real parents.”

“Siblings?”

“Not that I know of. I lived in an orphanage for a very long time, until I was like 15 or so. Then one day, a couple came along and said they wanted to adopt me. So they did. Then a few years later they found out I could read minds. They said it didn’t bother them, but then they had me shipped away to Canada, claiming ‘the education and the people are nicer’.” Yona mocked her adopted mother’s voice, rolling her eyes. “Never liked that lady anyways, she was hella fake. But I guess, if I saw them again, I would thank them. Because coming here led me to you.” She leaned down, placing a kiss on Yibo’s forehead. He blushed, smiling at her.

“Well if I ever got to meet them, then I would thank them as well, for raising you for a little bit and giving you a home, and for shipping you off to Canada and putting you in better hands.” Yona laughed, wiping at a tear that threatened to fall.

“Ah honestly, life is so messed up. Like all the time, I wonder why I was born with this weird ability to read minds, like it’s so annoying at times. I wonder if my real parents had this trait too. I wonder if I have any siblings who are like me. A freak.” Yibo raised his hand up to rest it on her cheek.

“Hey, I don’t think you’re a freak at all. I’m actually pretty jealous of you sometimes, I would love to know what you’re thinking whenever I want.” Yona sniffled, laughing softly.

“Then just ask me, I’ll always tell you.”

“Yeah but sometimes it’s not easy. Besides, not many people can say that their girlfriend is a mind reader. And yes, I said girlfriend because yes, you are my girlfriend.” Yona smiled, blushing slightly causing her face to heat up. “Holy , are you blushing? Don’t deny it, your face just got really warm all of a sudden.” Yibo pinched Yona’s cheek and she swatted it away, pouting.

“N-no, I’m not blushing! It’s just warm in here is all. Besides, black people don’t blush, duh.”

“Everyone blushes, duh.” Yibo sat up to face her, smiling at her in wonder.

“What?”

“Nothing, it’s just…you’re really cute, you know?”

“What, you’re just realizing?” She feigned being hurt, and he gently pushed her arm.

“You know what I mean. Like usually you come off all cool and , but from time to time, you have an unexpected adorable side to you.” She blushed again, but smiled none-the-less. The room once again went silent.

“Yibo, you said I could ask you about anything, right?” She spoke, looking at him with a glint in her eye. He nodded enthusiastically.

“Yeah, go ahead.”

“…What’s your biggest fantasy?” Yibo’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“W-what do you mean?” Yona grinned, loving when Yibo became flustered over things like this.

“You know what I mean, ual and whatnot.”

“Uhm.”

“Come on. Tell me yours, I’ll tell you mine.” Yibo nodded slowly, his blush only deepening.

“W-well.” He cleared his throat. “I uh, I kind of like when girls are aggressive. But um, not all the time, s-sometimes I like to be in charge…I guess.” Yona nodded, resting her hand on Yibo’s upper thigh. He looked down at it, gulping.

“I see, I see. I could definitely work with that.” She lightly his leg, watching as he began to fidget. “It’s very important that we not only be compatible in personalities, but in ual preferences as well you know.” He looked at her, not really able to focus on what she was saying.

“I-Is that so?” She nodded, smiling mischievously. Removing her hand from his leg, to which he exhaled deeply, she stood up and made her way to their shared bedroom.

“Well anyways, we could always test out our compatibility another time. Let’s go to bed for now, I’m tired.” She smirked, looking at Yibo.

You sure you don’t want to tonight?

Biting her lip, she turned around. “No…consider it punishment.” He pouted, following after.

“This punishment . The last one was a lot better.”

“Ou, so you’re after all.”

“S-shut up.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Man.” Yona sat up, stretching as she yawned. “It feels like I haven’t seen a Saturday in a very long time.”Yibo rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, sitting up beside her. The two had simply fallen asleep together, much to Yibo's frustration and Yona's amusement. 

“Yeah. Guess we’ve been busy lately.”

“Mm. So, what should we do today?” Yibo looked over at her, cocking his head to the side.

“What do you mean?”

“We never do anything. I want to go out and explore!” Yibo looked at her blankly. “Ok, let’s at least go out on a walk or something, I hate staying inside all the time.” She whined, pouting like a child. Yibo laughed, patting her head.

“Ok.”

“Ok?”

“Yeah, ok! Go get ready, I’ll take you for a walk.” Yona got out of bed, grumbling.

“I’m not a dog Yibo.”

“Good girl.” He leapt out of bed to avoid the pillow chucked in his direction. The two went to separate bathrooms to get ready, and an hour later, Yibo was waiting for Yona by the door. “Hurry up!” He called out, tapping his foot impatiently. Yona finally emerged from the staircase, smiling at Yibo widely. “What?”

“Nothing.” She smiled thoughtfully, pulling her shoes on. “It’s just that yesterday you were so nice to me, but now you’re back to normal.”

“Whatever.” He muttered aand grabbed her hand, pulling her out the door. The two walked hand in hand down the sidewalk, enjoying the nice day around them. Yona looked up, noticing a billboard advertising a local casino.

“Oh! Maybe we could go to the casino sometime!” Yibo’s arm went ridged at Yona’s words. She looked up at him, confused. “You ok?”

“Um, yeah…it’s just…” Yona tuned out as she spotted a familiar face across the road from them.

“Oh my gosh, Yibo you’ll never believe it!” Yona said excitedly, interrupting Yibo. In all her excitement, she completely missed the disappointed look that passed over her boyfriend’s face. “Yesterday, I found your doppelgänger!”

“What are you talking about?”

“When I…you know, left yesterday, I bumped into this guy who looked like he could be your twin!” Looking up, she noticed Sehun had crossed the road and was heading in their direction. She began to wave, drawing Yibo’s attention over to the approaching male. He froze instantly, stopping Yona as well. She tugged on his hand, frustrated. “Yibo, what are you doing? I want to introduce you guys, he’s right over there! His name is-”

“Sehun?” Said man was now standing in front of the pair, paying no mind to Yona as his attention was solely focused on Yibo. Sehun grinned widely, his cheeks flushing with excitement.

“Long time no see little brother.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Hey guys, feels like it's been forever since I updated! (Because it has been, sorry T-T) Honestly, I've always thought that Yibo looked a lot like Sehun, and i've found myself falling for both maknaes <3 ANYWAYS, let me know what you're thinking, I always love hearing from you guys. Subscribe if you haven't, comment and if you want to upvote, I mean, I won't stop you ;) <3 ~