In the end, it's you

Sweet Holiday

You took a deep breath. Your flight time was at 5PM. “I still have 3 hours before really go to airport. Should I call him?” you held your phone. Scrolled your contact list. When you found his name, you sighed. “no.” you threw your phone on the bed.

You pulled your luggages and brought some shopping bags. You flagged a taxi and asked the driver to help you with your goods. When you got in the taxi, a familiar voice called you.
“Esta!” the sound of someone who desperately run and called your name. That voice, somehow you want to get off and approached the source. “No. Esta. You should go now.” You asked the driver to off to airport. Taeyang stopped himself from running. He quickly got his mind back and following your taxi behind with his car.

You checked your boarding pass and put your luggages. You looked around, felt like someone will follow you, catch you. You shook your head. “Once again.. My romantic fantasy.” You fished out your phone from your pocket. Some texts arrived.

[ From: Clairionee
   I miss you already. Sooooo boring without you. Have a safe flight. Will meet you at the airport. Okay? ]

You smiled. Claire is the only one who will cheer you up unconditionally when you feel down. You opened the next text.

[ From: Youngbae
   Why are you avoiding me? You will be back to England, right? Let’s talk ]

You were frozen for few seconds then you got new message.

[ From: Youngbae
   Behind you ]

You widened your eyes, shook your head. “No no. It can’t be.” You quickly walked to weird path, someone grabbed your hand from behind.
“I told you. We need to talk” Youngbae pulled your hand make you came closer to him. You blink dumbfounded.
“Y-youngbae..”
“Miss Smith. Is it right to run away from me?”
“I don’t run away from anybody”
you stubbornly made an excuse and shrugged.
“You know already, right?”
“about what?”
“me and my relationship news”
“Oh.. yes. Anyway..”
you looked down then showed him your big smile. “Congrats! Ehey~ why don’t you tell me at first? I’d love to know your girlfriend too” you laughed awkwardly and pat his arm. Youngbae didn’t answer, he stared at you intensively.
“w-what?” you secretly move to the back. He grabbed the both of your shoulder and shook your body slightly.
“Why do you act like this?” his voice was shaken. “I can explain when you ask me though.”
you smiled bitterly. “what should you explain? I don’t have any right to get your explaination. Now that you came here, at least, I know that we share the same feeling. It’s enough for me. My place isn’t here anyway.” He slowly release his hands from your shoulders. “I wish you a happy life. It was great to spend my precious two weeks holiday with you and your friends. Now it’s really a goodbye. Thank you, friend” you grabbed his hands, cupped them and pat them, you turned around and left him. Taeyang could only see your back slowly vanished from his sight, disappeared at the departure gate,

3 months after you arrived in England. There are no news from Taeyang. You keep thinking about him and you started to think that you are crazy. Until you got package from Korea. One Saturday, Claire shouted from the living room. You pulled your blanket and covered all your body. Claired entered your room and sat on your bed.
“There is a package from Korea. For you. Ey!” she shook your body. “Did you by any chance buy something? And got delivery service?” You didn’t answer. “Esta!” Claire hit you.
“Ouch!” you rapidly got up. “Hurt!” you yelled at her with your eyes still closed.
“Oh my God! I’m sorry to wake you up, princess” she got up and bowed, teased you.
“Stop teasing me.” You walked toward bathroom to wash your face. Claire left to kitchen.

Daydreaming, you stared at the package on the table. The box isn’t big, just so-so. Claired sat beside you, brought a bowl of cereal.
“aren’t you curious what inside the box?” she munched her cereal, folded her legs.
“of course I’m curious. I just wonder.. From who and why?” you tilted your head.
“Ah.. there is no sender actually.” Claire shrugged. “What if.. this is bomb!” she frightened herself.
“Stupid. That’s nonsense.”
“hm.. drugs?”
she guessed randomly, pointed her spoon at you. You slapped her arm.
“stop watching stupid movies. It makes you stupid.” You grabbed the box and opened the seal

-----------------------------------

You laid on sofa, kept changing the channel while eating your chips. “what a boring Sunday night.” You thought. You munched your chips and  grabbed your phone as it vibrated on the table. Youngbae’s name popped on the screen. You coughed. Widened your eyes in disbelief. Quickly got up.
“What should I do? What should I do?” you thew your phone on sofa and ran to your room.

--------------------------------------

                You walked on the sideway, entered a coffee shop for a cup of your favorite Americano to lighten up your Monday, you thought. You sipped your coffee paid it to Sophia, the cashier that you already knew since you’re a regular customer. You went out and continued your walk. You suddenly remember Taeyang. “what did he actually do? First, the package.. he sent all of our pictures. Then he called me. And, how did he know my address? Is he pshyco?” you shivered.

“I want the soft copy arrive on my table before 2, Smith” the head editor said and then left your table. You put a fake smile for her then hit your forehead on keyboard. “Claire, be happy. You only stucked in a room full with cabbages, carrots and tomatoes.” Claire worked at a mart. She took care of veggies and fruits alley. A multimedia message arrived, again.. Youngbae’s name popped on it. You messed your hair. “Stress!” you shouted, some of your fellow workers looked at you. You nodded at them “sorry”

-----------------------------------------

                Taeyang walked inside a magazine office, passed the lobby and told receptionist he need to meet the editor. It’s your office. He arrived in England few hours ago and he wanted to surprise you. He entered the main building after got an ID card from receptionist. He waited for the elevator. “So.. you’re at 16th. You always be this high” he laughed slightly.

------------------------------------------

You finally finished the task from the editor and back to your desk when you found there was someone sat on your chair. From the back, you could tell it’s a man. You tried to pat his back when suddenly he spinned the chair.
“Surprise!” Taeyang smiled widely and spreaded his arms.
“Oh my God!” you walked back in disbelief. “Youngbae?!” he smiled and got up from the chair, moved closer to you. Now, you and him were just 10 cm away. You pushed him slightly. “When did you arrive?”
“You don’t miss me?”
“I…”
you looked around, your friends looked at you while held their laughter. Your face turned into red in embarassement. “You.. follow me!” You dragged him outside.

At the rooftop of your office, there is a mini park that usually used by workers for release their stress before get to work again and there is bench. You sat on bench, Taeyang followed you. You put your hand on your forehead, got stress suddenly.
“You’re feeling unwell?” Taeyang looked at you.
“No. I’m grand” you answered him, short. “What are you doing here?” you turned your head to face him. He smiled, showed you his eyesmiles. “In the end, it’s you” he cupped your cheeks, caressed your cheek with his thumb and immediately kissed you.

It’s awkward to work side to side near your office with Taeyang after he kissed you. You decided to have lunch with him. You looked another path, blushing. He grabbed your hand, interlocked your fingers with his.
“London is good” he swang your hand.
“I don’t find it’s that good” you replied.
“it’s different though.”
“what?”
“London.”
“why?”
“Because I’m with you now.”
He stared at you, that love stare. You blushed even more.

 “why are you here? How about your girlfriend?” you asked, ready with bitter answer.
“I’m with her now.” He answered with playful manner. You nodded slowly.
“Ah.. really.. so, where is she? Staying at hotel? Shopping?”
“no. She is here, holding hands with me. Tracing London for find her favorite resto to eat her lunch.”
He replied. You stopped your step. Looked at him. He raised his eyebrows.
“What do you mean?”
“Isn’t it obvious? In the end, I’m here. In the end, I flew here after I solved all in Korea. And in the end, it’s you”

 

 

 

 

Finally ended!~
Hope you enjoy this short story ^^v