Perhaps

Sweet Holiday

You woke up with headache as your roommate for 2 years, Claire, frightening you out with her scream. You messed your own hair and lazily left your bed to approach her.
“why are you so noisy in early morning?” You walked with eyes are closed to fridge, grabbed a bottle of mineral water and drank it as you really thirsty from your walk to kitchen.
“ya… it must be a dream. You know!” Claire kept staring at the papers on her hand. You gave an interest look. Approached her at the living room and sat next to her.
“what is it? What?” You took a look at the papers.
“You remember? We applied a lottery?”
“ah.. that impossible lottery? Why?”
You nodded and drank your water again, suddenly not interest. Claire pouted as she heard your reply and hit your head.
“Ya! Why?” You whined.
“Jesus Christ!! We got it!!” Claire lifted the papers in the air, stood up on the sofa and jumped. You shook your head.
“Claire.. Are you nut? You drunk, huh? Your boyfie asked you out lastnight?”
“Oh gosh! Why don’t you trust me. Just read this!
” she handed you the papers to her to be read. You read the papers thoroughly, not even blink cause you afraid you’ll miss the important part. Claire smirked as she found you widened your eyes and held your scream.
“See? You’re more excited than me” she nudged you.

“OH MY GOD! SEE YOU IN A WEEK KOREA!!”

You sighed as you arrived in Incheon airport alone. Claire gave up on her ticket and can’t accompany you. You still remember her words on phone with you yesterday.

--Flasback--
“Oh Smith.. I’m so sorry I lost my ticket and I don’t know how to buy another one with the same flight. It’s really impossible and I don’t have enough money to buy the ticket if I want to spend a holiday. You know? I’ve spent my money on shopping for thick clothes. This is autumn.”
You took a deep breath.
“Oh Claire.. just be honest. You sold your ticket on e-bay, didn’t you?”
“ah well- you caught me. You know Harry can’t allow me to spend holiday without him”
“You need Jesus like.. Seriousleeey Claire! He isn’t a Royal Prince!”
You hung up.

--End of Flashback—

You pulled your large luggage and checked your phone. Your homestay is in Itaewon. Lucky, it’s indeed foreigner place. The homestay isn’t big as you saw it in the internet. But enough for you who want a simple holiday in Winter. You flagged a taxi and the driver helped you put your luggage in the trunk.
“Itaewon, please” You said it in awkward tone since you didn’t really know how to say it. And you choose to spend your holiday in South Korea, not because you’re crazy about Kpop or K-Drama (you even know nothing about them) but cause you want to spend your holiday out from England.
“Where are you come from, Miss?” the driver asked you, he sounds so fluent in English.
“wow, Sir. Your English is so good. I’m from England.” You replied and he just nodded. “Korea is so good so far” You leaned your back on the seat.
“You will surprise how best it is, later, Miss. You choose the right place” he smiled, you smiled back at him.

-----------------------------

After put your belongings in homestay, you decided to walk around Itaewon. You’re hungry and then choose to have your lunch at Italian restaurant. You haven’t ready to taste any Korean food. Beside jetlag, you’re afraid that you’ll get food-sick. You sat at the corner which is facing the front door. You ordered chicken salad and orange juice. You think it’s enough to make you sleep after this. You started to eat when suddenly a guy with beanie entered the restaurant. The atmosphere became strange as everyone looked at that guy. That guy just bowed  to everyone and sat, his table is next to yours.
“is he an owner of this place?” you thought. “his sense of fashion is kinda… different” you observed him from  head to toe and back focus to your food when he looked at your path.

You paid as you finished and walked outside without knowing that you left your phone on table. The guy who sat beside you ran to you to give your phone back.
“Excuse me, Miss. You left this” he talked to you in Korean. You looked at him. “ah.. this guy” you raised your eyebrows. “erm.. sorry? I..” you shrugged.
“ah I’m sorry. You can’t understand Korean, can you?” he smiled with his eyes. “You left your phone” he offered your phone. You slapped your own forehead.
“Oh my god! I don’t know what would be happened if I lost this. Thank you..?”
“Youngbae. I’m Dong Youngbae”
he smiled, he offered his hand for handshake.
“oh.. okay.. I’m Esta. Esta Smith” you grabbed his hand and did the handshake. “I need to thank you. How about.. coffee?” you offered.
“no, thank you. It was a little help. I’ll just get going. I have practice.. I mean meeting” he bowed and left you. You tilted your head. “he workes at the office? Meeting? What kind of meeting with that outfits? what’s wrong with him? I still need to thank him” you shrugged.

----------------------------------------------

Jetlag, damn jetlag.. You slept like almost 2 days. You woke up and opened the curtain. You sat at the veranda. You greeted another foreigner who lives opposite you. “Is he Canadian?” you acknowledged it from the way he talked to you. That guy asked you to out together but you think you’ll be fine alone, so, you rejected it politely. You back to your room and checking the guide book. Laying on the bed, you sighed “it would be fun if Claire were here. Dammit!”

As you finished wash yourself, you went out the homestay. Wore your sneakers, shredded jeans, peach-colored tee and grey coat. “I’m quite fashionable, aren’t I?” you shrugged, you flagged a taxi and faded to Dongdaemun to go shopping.

You looked around and sometimes, stopped at the shop to looked for what do you want. “The price is no kidding, how could it be so cheap? The design is similar with branded stuffs” you wow-ed.

After walked around Dongdaemun, you decided to have a snack. You found a churros shop and bought a box of churros. You paid and looked for ice cream stall. As you found it you hurriedly walked to crowd and bumped to someone. You bowed few times. When you looked at the person that just you bumped. He is Youngbae with his beanie and mask. “Wow..” you mumbled. You can acknowledged him by his eyes.
“Are you okay?” he asked. You nodded with mouth wide opened. Then you realized that you spoiled churros-stuffed, chocolate, on his tee. “Oh my God! I’m sorry..” you pointed at his tee. He smiled. “It’s okay.”
“Are you shopping?”
he asked again. You still feel bad but you answered him anyway.
“I’m.. having lunch” you lifted the churros slowly.
“my tee is.. ruined. erm.. your name is Esta, right?” He giggled. “Want you accompany me to look for the change?”
“Ah! It’s my fault! I will!” you replied quickly.
“But you have to obey my rule” he smiled with his eyes again. Made you melt like a chocolate inside the éclair. “I don’t accept anything that you paid today.” You blinked few times.
“How about tomorrow? The day after tomorrow?” you asked. He just pulled your arm and walked. You followed him beside.

------------------------------------

You and Youngbae entered NBA store. You looked around and looked at him. Youngbae was strolling the alley, tee alley. You approached him.
“want me to choose it for you?” you popped from his back.
“It would be nice” he nodded.
“Did you catch cold?”
“no”
“what’s with the mask?”
“Cold.”
“see? Cold!”
“no, the weather.”
He answered it short. You just nodded.
“is it still polite here?” you mumbled.
“what?” he raised his eyebrows.
“n-nothing..” you started sweating.
“hahaha you’re funny. Okay okay” he put off his mask.

He pat your shoulder. Pushed you to another alley.
“Please choose one for me. I need to go to restroom. Just a minute.” He smiled, and you just nodded again. You touched the outfits around the alley. Have no idea which style that he likes. You reminisced his style. You took white tee with two stripes on the left sleeve and a bull’s head on the center of the tee. You walked around and stopped near the cashier. There are some standee and banner of NBA. You saw a standee of a girl and a guy on it. You looked at it thoroughly. The guys looked so familiar. You squinted your eyes. “Looks like..” you tilted your head. Then, Youngbae pat your shoulder.
“have you find one?” he asked. You looked at him from head to toe.
“This guy.. looks like you” You pointed at the standee. Youngbae looked at you, he scratched his nape. You frowned. “perhaps…?”

 

 

 

 

I'm not sure it will be great. I'm just doing it in favor for my friend :p
you read, yo buddy?
hahahahaha
please comment and subscribe would be great ^^