Chapter 2

Sleeping Beauty

 


Youngbae giggled, smiling from ear to ear. He sat slowly on the couch, eyes fixed on the screen of his phone as his sweat trickled down his temples. 

"Cutie," he muttered, lips almost as if ripping from grinning too much.

The fringe on his forehead swayed along with the movements of his hand as he fanned his sweat-covered shirt against his skin. 

"Ahh.. Too cute, too cute," he said in a complaining manner.

For a moment, he had completely forgotten about the aching of his back since earlier of their performance. Such a way to relieve stress, he thought.

"How can people not mistake you for a ert?"

Youngbae hurriedly swiped on his phone screen, closing the picture he had been looking at for quite some time. "Hmm?" he uttered, trying his hardest to appear casual, as well as unfaltered.

"Pft!" Seunghyun chortled. "Caught in the act. As soon as you get in the dressing room, that's the first thing you look at?" he asked, horns growing out from his head once again.

A muffled smile formed on Youngbae's face. "Shut up."

"Seriously, man, when will you continue doing that?" he asked, this time, in a serious tone.

Youngbae arched an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"That," Seunghyun said, glancing over the phone the confused-looking man was holding. "Til when are you planning on doing that? I understand that you dote on him. Everyone in the group knows that. But lately, you've been making me worried."

Youngbae bursts out laughing. "I'm sorry, what?" he asked with an amused expression.

"Yeah, laugh it off," Seunghyun said, scooting over the couch. "I'm telling ya, sooner or later, this'll cause a problem."

"Problem?" he asked, eyebrow raised. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Seunghyun lets out a sigh. "Your denial is getting on my nerves. Look, no use in acting ignorant anymore. We all know," he continued, eyes giving off a clear sign of annoyance. "Seungri reminds you of him, right? That's why you're like that."

"The hell?" Youngbae chuckled. "What on earth are blabbing about?"

" you, man," he said while elbowing Youngbae's arm. "You're seriously pissing me off. The is wrong with you? Why you acting bull?"

Youngbae continued to laugh, completely shrugging off his strong remarks. "It's coz you are acting bull. The hell? Reminds me of him? Making you worried? What kinda melodramatic nonsense are those? I don't know what the hell got into you."

"Well, you, then," Seunghyun stood up. "I was just looking out for you coz you're getting more and more freaky towards Seungri. Even staring at his photo like a maniac. You're lucky Jiyong wasn't the one who caught you. You know how he is, right? He'll be more on the look out now that you and your girlfriend broke up."

The sound of the fan's blade echoed throughout the whole room. Silence stood between them as Youngbae stared at him, not uttering a word. Seunghyun's sternness was reflecting on his eyes, earning a tensed-up atmosphere between them. 

At the middle of the silence, a chuckle was let out. Seunghyun then took in a heavy breath, losing every bit of tolerance inside of him. He turned away from Youngbae and prepared to leave for the door. Before exiting through it, he added one last remark.

"Just don't say I didn't warn you." 

"Yeah, right," Youngbae replied, still persistent to react foolishly. "You make no in' sense."

But then, at the sound of the door clicking, the grin on Youngbae's face immediately fades away. 

 

 


 

 

"Ah," Seungri halted his foot from taking another step on the dewy ground. 

"What's wrong?" Jiyong immediately turned around, worried. He stared at the silver-head, eyes squinting from the dimness of the street, only depending on the moonlight from seeing the boy's face. "What happened?"

Seungri stood there motionless, staring at his phone screen, mouth widened. "Youngbae-hyung posted another picture of me sleeping."

"Oh really?" he asked, annoyance slowly building up on his eyes. "He did?"

Seungri giggled bashfully. "Yeah," he nodded, grinning.

"And you're happy about it," Jiyong folded his arms onto his chest. "Because?"

"What? What's wrong?" he asked in a high-pitched tone. "Can't I be happy about it?"

"No, you can't," he replied with severity. He shook his head sideways, completely disapproving.

Seungri chuckled. "What? Why not? Why can't I?"

"You can't, Ri. You know how he is, right?" he said, throwing in a solemn gaze. "Don't push it. You'll only hurt yourself."

"Ehh?" Seungri pouted. "What a killjoy!"

"Don't worry, you'll thank me for this," Jiyong continued, hanging his arm onto Seungri's shoulder. "Let's go. I'm getting real hungry here."

"Right," he replied, smiling.

He then walked in coherence with Jiyong in the alley, only with the sound of crickets filling in the silence between them. As they went further ahead, the smile on his face soon turned into a frown. 

 

 

 



Hi guys.. I didn't know how it became like this.. LMAO it just suddenly turned angsty? What's wrong with me? All my supposedly-fluffy fics immediately turned into something like this.. Apologies if you were expecting something different.

 

P.S.: Thinking of changing the title. Already cut it down to 'Sleeping Beauty'. I don't know. The title doesn't match up to the content.

I'll update tomorrow. Thanks for reading!