Chapter 1

Sleeping Beauty

 

 

"Tsch," Seunghyun breathed out, grinning. 

Youngbae then puts on a devious smile and winked at him. He was at it, again. The usual bullying of the youngest, that is. He couldn't help himself, though; the boy was always sleeping at open places as if asking for it. 

There Seungri lied on the lazyboy, next to table full of snacks, mouth wide open. Youngbae can't help but giggle at the thought of the actions soon he'll execute. Daesung, sitting on the sofa infront of him, snickered to himself as he watched the pink-haired man prepare to take a photo of the defenseless sleeping boy. 

"Go for it," Seunghyun said whilst sneaking up on his phone.

Youngbae elbowed him, keeping a distance between them. "Be quiet. You'll wake him," he whispered.

"Just take it," he said, not moving away. "Quick."

Youngbae snorted. The seemingly sleep-deprived Seungri was now on his phone, photographed at just the right moment and angle.

Seunghyun lets out a dry laugh. "Upload it on SNS."

"You bet," he answered, grinning as he scrolled through his phone. "What caption do I type in, though? 'Tired little panda' or 'Seungri the sleeping panda'? Or should I just leave it blank?" he asked, expecting for a quick reply. Hearing nothing, he asks again. "What'chu think? Help me come up with a caption."

Youngbae then turned his head to his side, wondering why he wasn't getting any response. Much to his surprise, though, Seunghyun was no longer there; instead, he found the spike-haired man casually fixing his hair on the mirror, face expressionless. A wrinkle formed on the space between Youngbae's eyebrows. There's something off about Seunghyun, he thought. Just seconds ago, he was grinning like a mischievous child, but then now, he was there standing as if the surrounding suddenly got dim.

"Ehem," uttered a thin voice behind him.

Youngbae's heart then suddenly misses a beat. For some reason quite unknown, even to him, a sense of danger suddenly grew.

"What do you think you're doing?" the voice asked in a threatening tone.

Oh, .

"I, uh.." he mumbled, turning to face where the voice was coming from. 

And as he expected, a glaring Jiyong was there, piercing his eyes right through him as he stood motionless, back stiffened. Seunghyun and Daesung, on the other hand, proceeded to do what they were doing and acted as if nothing was happening.

"Ji," Youngbae began, putting on a crooked smile. "What's up..?"

Without even spitting out a word, Jiyong snatches off the phone from his hand. Youngbae stood there and did nothing as the stern man tapped away on the screen of his phone. 

"Jerk," Jiyong muttered as he handed him back the device. "The show will soon start. Wake Seungri up and prepare."

Youngbae pursed his lips and gazed downwards. "It's just for fun, though. No need to be so uptight," he reasoned. But before he could continue and apologize, Jiyong already had his back him, leaving for the door.

"Jeez!" Youngbae uttered as soon as the tensed-up atmosphere faded.

Laughter then surfaced around. Seunghyun, who was supposed to be 'fixing his hair', was now beside him once again, laughing at him mockingly. Daesung, who was supposed to be 'too busy on his phone to even notice', was now also teasing him. Youngbae rolled his eyes from dismay. But although he was annoyed with happened, soon, he found himself breathing out a chuckle along with the continual laugh of the two.

"You get what you deserve, Hyung," Daesung cheekily said. "You've been bothering Seungri lately whenever he's asleep. It's no wonder Jiyong-hyung always gets pissed off."

"Karma's a ," Seunghyun added.

Youngbae glances over at Seungri---who, as expectedly, being the heavy-sleeper he is, managed to sleep through the noise---and chuckled. "Can't help it," he said, eyes fixated on  the silver-head. "I mean, just look at that."

"I know, I know. You find him cute whenever he's asleep," said Seunghyun in a knowing manner. "Are you perhaps.. a ert?" he asked, eyes menacing.

Youngbae chortled at the foolish remark but immediately stops and asks, "Are you serious?"

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, you know," he added, smirking.

Youngbae chuckled. " off."

"Eh.. you're still the same as ever," Daesung said in a disappointed tone.

"I don't know what the hell you mean by that," he answered, partly amused, partly defensive.

Daesung deepened his cheeks, lips pouted whilst raising his eyebrows. "..Okay.. whatever you say, Hyung.."

An irksome feeling crawled on the back of Youngbae's neck. He paused and stared at the smirking man, carefully thinking out how to counteract. But as soon as Seunghyun joins in, also giving off a malicious smile, Youngbae gives up halfway. 

"You guys are crazy," he lets out a sigh of defeat.

"How rude!" Seunghyun protested. "In what way we're crazy?"

"You guys seriously think of me that way?" he asked, apalled.

"Well.." Daesung uttered, taking his time. "..maybe..?"

"What?" Youngbae immediately answered. "Seriously?"

"Well, you do kind of-" Daesung uttered, only to be cut off by a seemingly timid man on the front of the room's door.

"T-The show's starting.. Mr. Kwon is calling out for you guys," the man said, stuttering, holding on to his I.D. lace.

"Ah, right!" Daesung immediately stands up. "We're coming!"

Without wasting any second, Daesung fixed his bangs and hurriedly heads for the door. Jiyong can be quite scary when it comes to doing their job. He didn't want a scolding from the demon-like persona of their leader.

"We're still not done with you, Youngbae-hyung," he said before exiting through the door.

Seunghyun, on the other hand, calmly walks ahead of Youngbae, showing no sign of fluster. "Wake Seungri up," he said.

Youngbae watched as the tall man walks away, leaving him with the snoring sound coming from Seungri. 

He lets out a sigh. 

 

 



I know, I know... the update was hella slow... To be honest, I completely forgot about this fic... That is, until I checked on my files and saw this draft, halfway complete... Sorry about that...

 

P.S.: this was supposed to be only a one-shot, but I ended up liking the idea(lol), so I'm making it a chaptered fic.