New Friend

Mismatched Socks is my Cup of Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At a point of time, Baekhyun sat in another McDonald’s outlet and ordered a Happy Meal. He soullessly played with the toy he got with his eyes looking to his lap. He was feeling absolutely miserable. His first friend, his only roommate had just hurt him in the meanest way possible and the more Baekhyun thought about him, the sadder he got. He jumped when his phone vibrated in his pocket, loud buzzing sounded through the diner. He didn’t get to look at the call ID when he picked up. “Hello?” He hated how tired and sad his voice sounded. He didn’t even know who he was speaking to.

 

“Shortie?”

 

Baekhyun was back at the dormitory in a matter of minutes but he was still sad, even after Chanyeol had gotten him an entire tub of ice cream.Baekhyun wordlessly left to his room, almost shutting the door in Chanyeol’s face. He felt too tired to take a shower and so he changed out of his clothes and put on his pyjamas. Spongebob Squarepants. He slipped under his covers and immediately knocked out. He didn’t get to hear the soft, “good night, shortie,” from behind his door, followed by the slow shuffling of feet and the tired sighs.

 

Chanyeol’s alarm rang and it was close to seven in the morning. He wanted to make breakfast for his first and new roommate but when he got to Baekhyun’s room, he realised the door was wide open and the bed was well made. Thinking he was in the kitchen, Chanyeol bounced to the small kitchenette. He was surprised to see everything neat and no one in sight. Had Baekhyun already left?

 

“Shortie? Baekhyun!” His voice bounced off the walls and silence greeted him after. He was disappointed that Baekhyun had left early for class but he felt most apologetic for the boy. He felt guilty, mean and angry at himself. Why did he laugh at Baekhyun in the first place? It almost seemed like a natural reaction to laugh at someone first then go help them. He didn’t expect Baekhyun to take it so seriously, as if Chanyeol really hated him to the core. Sure, Chanyeol couldn’t stand him some times but he wasn’t that mean. But Chanyeol couldn’t stop blaming himself, even for something so small. He felt mean for hurting someone so pure and innocent as Baekhyun. He didn’t understand why. 

 

Baekhyun left the dormitory as soon as his alarm rang 6.30am. He wanted to get away from Chanyeol but he didn’t know how. He wanted to avoid him. He wanted to but he didn’t know why. Was it because of him laughing? Baekhyun didn’t know and he didn’t really want to find out.

 

Baekhyun left with a slice of plain bread in his mouth while struggling to put on his socks and shoes. He closed the door with a pretty loud bang and he hoped that Chanyeol didn’t wake up. He roamed around school and came across a small library. It was pretty decent and quiet, some place Chanyeol won’t ever be in. He walked in, stumbling on the folded carpet and embarrassedly recovered. He took out his books and laid them on the table. Being a late transfer, he had to catch up on his academics. He looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter