Chen Doesn't Want to Go Clubbing

Wait......You Don't Sparkle???

Okay, in my other story, I'm going to have everyone's thoughts color coded. So, I'm going to do that here as well, because I can. So, here's the key so far for this story.

Chen   Baekhyun  

Now, story................START!!!!!!


It had been a fairly normal day at Seoul's most prestigious fine arts college. The day was almost over, and everyone was staying in their dorms and watching a movie or Netflix until they got so tired they fell asleep. For everyone, including college sophomore Chen, it was time to call it a night.

 

Chen was already wearing his pajamas, laying down in bed, reading another book about who knows what. The entire college knew Chen was a huge nerd, but his singing skills were almost unparalled, so no one gave him grief over what he did in his free time. Or, actually, what he didn't do in his free time. Chen didn't do much besides what was required of him for school.

 

Unluckily for him, tonight, his best friend decided to ruin his plans for a lazy Friday.

 

"Good evening, peasant! How are you on this fine..............and you're reading another book about vampires. Why do I even try to make you less nerdy?" Chen cringed at his best friend's loud voice, and his words about the book he was reading. Chen had heard this all before, he didn't need it again.

 

"You know what Baekhyun? Stop barging into my room, and maybe you can catch me doing something other than reading books!" Chen yelled, throwing the book he was holding at Baekhyun's head. The latter yelped, having a book thrown at your head was painful.

 

"Hey, stop throwing your books at me whenever I barge into your room! Also, it's not my fault you act like a teenage girl, always reading books about vamps in your free time!" Chen just groaned, knowing Baekhyun wouldn't let that fact go for as long as he lived.

 

Yes, Chen was fascinated with vampires. But not like teenage girls are, they're just staring at the movie versions. Especially when shirtless. Girls turned into absolute animals when any guys in movies took off their shirts. For some reason, being vampires made it ten times more y. (AN: I'm so making fun of girls like this in America. If you're offended, sorry, not sorry. If you want me to elaborate, I will. Next chapter.)

 

"Oh my gosh, did you see Edward in the Twilight saga movies?! His shirt came off more than once, and his vampire persona sparkled in the sun. For real, I thought I was dreaming, he was so hot!"

 

If Chen ever became like those girls, he'd ask Baekhyun to shoot him. 

 

Chen was interested in the lore of vampires. What they could do, what other kinds of vampires there were, how they behaved in different social settings, and what affected their ability to be so badass. He had heard and read so many theories, that every book and article he read had something different from another article. Some of the information was the same, but for the most part, every author had a different take on vampires. Which was why when the Twilight movies came out, Chen went to see them, just for the new take on vampires.

 

He wanted to kill himself halfway through the first movie. It was all about the romance, and the introduction of wolves turned Chen off of the whole franchise.  And that's the funny thing, he was only fascinated with vampires. Any other mythological creature, and Chen wasn't interested.

 

Why it was only vampires for him, Chen didn't know. And honestly, he didn't care. The only time he truly thought on it was when Baekhyun tried to get him out of his shell. Like right now, Chen already knew.

 

"Okay, stop harping on me about what I read in my free time. I know why you're here, but you're gonna say it anyway, so just get on with it." Chen sighed, his arms crossed over his chest at the sudden smile Baekhyun had on his face. Chen also just noticed the bag Baekhyun had around his shoulder. He was starting to draw a conclusion, when Baekhyun decided to open his mouth and talk again.

 

"I'm taking you to a club!" Baekhyun said with enthusiasm. Chen cringed at the words. Clubs weren't his thing, for many reasons. He avoided clubs like they were all infected with the plague, and now Baekhyun thought it was a good idea to drag him to one?

 

"No Baek. No way. Not happening."

 

"Come on, Chen! You need to live a little! I swear, you're so pale because you stay indoors all of the time" Chen rolled his eyes at this statement. He knows that's the reason he's paler than most people, and to be honest, he doesn't care. The only thing that happens to him when he goes outside of his daily routine is bad stuff. Only bad stuff happens when Chen decides to be a "rebel" for the day and do something different.

 

His best friend is trying to screw him over. And Chen doesn't appreciate it one bit.

 

"Listen Baekhyun, I know you think I need to get out more. And, I probably do, it's been a while. But, do you remember what happens when I decide to do something different from my usual schedule? Bad stuff! Last time, someone drop kicked me and stole my wallet. And it turned out to be your stupid tiny friend Kyungsoo!" Chen whisper shouted at Baekhyun, making the latter laugh.

 

"Heh, Satansoo strikes fear into the hearts of everyone. Especially me. I'm the one who sees Satansoo the most." Baekhyun then shivers, probably thinking of the many times Kyungsoo has hit him for enraging the usually squishy male, Chen lauging at his friend's misfortune.

 

"Well, that's your own fault. Or it may just be you, actually. You can piss people off very easily, Baek. And you're loud......VERY loud." Baekhyun just smiled, knowing that Chen was exactly right. Funny thing is, Baekhyun was proud of that fact.

 

"You're right there, my antisocial friend. I know how to piss people off. But, it also keeps jerkwads away from me. Bad and good sides to everything." Chen nodded at Baekhyun's words, because anyone that Baekhyun seemed to hate for that period of time avoided Baekhyun like he had an uncurable disease.

 

"Let it be known, no one messes with Baekhyun. I secretly run this school." (Baekhyun)

 

"Okay, now that we have confirmed you're loud and annoying to some people, can you leave me in peace?!" Chen yelled, then remembered his dorm neighbors were like old men, cranky if they were woken up. Chen automatically shut up, but motioned for Baekhyun to leave his room before he calls campus security.

 

"No Chen! You need to get out more! I, Byun Baekhyun, as your best friend, refuse to let you stay in your comfort bubble for the rest of your life, being all sudious and nerdy and anti-everything fun, and see you never meet someone special, and watch as you watch the years go by slowly go crazy and own twenty cats, crying about how you wish you weren't such a loser in college!" When Baekhyun was done with his rant, he looked at Chen, who just looked plain offended.

 

"Wow, you really don't hold back on your opinion Baek. You kill me, really. I know this isn't healthy, but......really? So dramatic?" (Chen) Chen was obviously kind of hurt by what Baekhyun said, and the latter sighed, knowing he crossed an invisible line.

 

"I'm sorry, Chen-chen. I'm just worried. I really don't want to see you go through life alone because you never tried hard enough." Baekhyun used his nickname for Chen to show how sorry he was, but used a concerned tone to show how serious he was about getting Chen out of his bubble. Chen just looked at him for a minute, then sighed, knowing he wasn't getting out of going to at least one club this time.

 

"Okay, what exactly do you have planned for me to wear?" Baekhyun smiled, and quickly showed Chen the many outfits he had prepared for his nerdy best friend. While looking at all of the skinny jeans, high tops, cut off tanks, and jackets, Chen thought of something.

 

"Wait, Baek. Don't you have to finish that report on DNA mutations for Mr. Joon Myeon? He said he'd take it late, but Monday would be the last day." Baekhyun got a confused look on his face, but soon snapped his fingers and pointed at Chen, a look of realization blooming on his face.

 

"Yeah, you're right! Damn, I totally forgot! What's today Chen?!" Baekhyun asked, panicked at the sudden report he'd have to finish before Friday. Chen merely scoffed at his friend's laziness, knowing one day that would be the death of Byun Baekhyun. But this once, Chen took pity on his best friend and told him waht day of the week it was.

 

"It's Friday, Baek. Friday. It's also why you're trying to get me to go clubbing. Because tomorrow is Saturday, and I don't have any classes tomorrow." Baekhyun nodded, before smiling like a kid in a candy store.

 

"That means I don't have to finish that silly report until Sunday! Come on Chen-chen, I'm gonna make you look absolutely y!" Baekhyun once again dragged Chen over to the assortment of clothes, making Chen groan again.

 

Needless to say, Chen just knew this would be the worst decision he ever made.


Yeah, first mini chapter up!!! Next will be the intro of SOME of the vampires. Not all. Don't get greedy here.

Also, IT'S SUMMER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO, TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And more time to update. Yay for you, sort of yay for me. Remember, writing takes forever, and sometimes I have to force myself to write because I'm not feeling it. Then I delete everything, because I don't like putting out half-assed work.

I respect all of my readers too much to do that crap. So if my updates don't come as early as you'd like, please don't harrass me. I'll try my hardest though.

Now, for my current subscribers, CANDY FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Candy magically rains from the sky, until your room is flooded with candy* 

And also, for EVERYONE, I repeat, EVERYONE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND UPVOTE THE CRAP OUT OF THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love getting these kinds of notifications. Makes me happy.

Okay, I'm gone now. Peace!!!

~~~~~~~bubble1765