Met at a charity kissing booth AU

Honestly Embarrassing

(1069 words of ery)

in what day and age do they think it is? in which conservative Korean society do they think they are? they're out of their minds, sunggyu is absolutely ing red-hot fuming. he specifically told her not to participate in any hare-brained ideas her classmates will come up with. and what does she do? participate in some half wit's idea of fun. this was supposed to be a good clean fund raiser for the school, not some kind of amateur e ring! when sunggyu finds the idiot responsible for this, he's going to-

"chill, bro, i was the one who came up with the idea." sungjoo shrugs, flips her hair over her shoulder.

sunggyu hisses, "i told you to tie your hair up." he pulls her aside, away from the kissing booth. "and what the are you doing? i'm going to tell umma you came up with this ."

sungjoo rolls her eyes, and knocks sunggyu's tight grip off her shoulder. "she'll call me clever. look at that queue. it's gonna reach the second level soon. you're just jealous 'cus your lame booth isn't making any money."

sunggyu narrows his eyes. "everyone loves ice cream. the only reason nobody's coming to our booth is because everyone is here- anyway, this isn't a competition! i just don't want you to be kissing strangers! god, what if you get some kind of STD?"

"how ignorant can you get?" sungjoo scolds. she shoves sunggyu aside before he can get a word in, and goes back to the booth. "guys, my brother thinks the kissing booth is a great idea and he wants to help out. sungyeol-ah, you wanna let him go a turn?" sunggyu's gapes at her, eyes wide and jaw dropping. her classmates all give him a once-over and then smile at him.

sungyeol, the tall boy with the wide shoulder-width steps down from the makeshift stool and gestures to sunggyu step right up, grin wide on his face. the girl next in line gasps when sungyeol stepped down and she quickly relayed the information that sungyeol's shift is over down the line. of course he was popular, anyone who has a good looking small face and perfect hair has to be popular. the queue in front of sungyeol suddenly dispersed in disappointment, leaving it empty.

sunggyu quickly regains his thought processor and glares at his sister. "you just chased your customers away, that was dumb, sungjoo."

"i was only giving sungyeol a break." sungjoo says, glaring with mutual annoyance at her brother. "and if you don't want to help out, i guess it's my turn." she begins to step up on to sungyeol's stool.

there's some sort of cheer and boys begin to jump from the other queue to the kissing booth. sunggyu can hear sungjoo's classmates dying with laughter when she looks over her shoulder at sunggyu and gives him a smug smile. he's practically growling at the hormonal teenage boys as he pulls sungjoo down from the stool and pushes her behind him protectively. he steps up on to the stool, crosses his arms and glares with the intensity of a thousand suns. naturally, the boys leave the queue grumbling under breaths, and some in fright... until only one is left.

the boy looks from sunggyu to sungjoo, back to sunggyu and then quickly to sungjoo again.

"oi, go away." sunggyu says, leaning forward to lean his elbows on the counter of the booth. "sungjoo is on her break."

"ignore him, woohyun," sungjoo pushes lightly at sunggyu. she leans over the counter as well, stretching a bit. "it's 2000 won for 1 kiss." and she smiles brightly at her classmate.

panic almost seizes sunggyu when woohyun passes the money to sungjoo. he barricades sungjoo with his arms, and he's really outright growling right now.

"give him back his money, sungjoo!" sunggyu says.

"it's already in the money box." sungjoo says calmly, not even trying to detach herself from sunggyu's octopus arms.

sunggyu scowls at her and then scowls at woohyun, who's staring at them with an amused grin on his face. "stop grinning, you! if you want a kiss, you have to kiss me because sungjoo is on her break!"

"okay."

when the did youngsters get so bold?

sunggyu is just seeing eyelashes and brown hair. woohyun's lips are soft, pressing light pressure on sunggyu's lips, he mouths slowly at the plump of sunggyu's bottom lip and his tongue swipes over the center gently. sunggyu's ears are ringing and his face feels hot and he's not even aware that sungjoo has escaped his arms and is making noisy complaints at the side.

"why the hell did you kiss him in front of me, woohyun?" sungjoo whines.

"sungjoo, we got a good picture, do you wanna see?" sungyeol asks, shaking his phone eagerly. the rest of sungjoo's classmates are sharing their phones.

"oh, send me the photo, sungyeol." woohyun says cheerily, leaning over the counter to take sungyeol's phone. "it looks good. look, sunbae, you look cute."

sunggyu blushes hard but doesn't say anything, just seethes between his gritting teeth. he turns his head and pushes away from the counter, but woohyun's hand is suddenly on the back of his head, threading into his hair and his other hand is on sunggyu's face, thumb gently pressed against the corner of sunggyu's lips and then sunggyu is kissing both woohyun's thumb and woohyun's lips, it's terribly distracting.

"i'll give you my entire week's allowance." woohyun says, forking out the money from his wallet. his eyes never leave sunggyu's. and sunggyu wants to say something, like no or what the but he doesn't, he just stands there like a poor example of a sunbae and feeling extremely sheepish that he's getting kissing lessons from a junior in front of his own sister. in front of his own sister, he remembers that but when he finally begins to say stop, it comes out as, "you wanna go somewhere private first?"

and sungjoo is grinning so hard and already texting their mother about her brother's frivolous side. sunggyu regrets his entire life as woohyun nods enthusiastically and brings him round the booth so they can go the roof or somewhere dumb. he regrets a lot of things, but - he looks at the back of woohyun's head and then at their joined hands - maybe not this one.