Mend Up Under The Rain 1

Mend Up Under The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho was still sleeping soundly on the bed when he started feeling the coldness on his foots. Surely Yunho was pretty disturbed with that fact. He wanted to get more rest since it was Sunday. Sunday always meant free-day after all. Thus, Yunho purred and quickly pulled his foots inside the blanket to keep him warm. As he has felt warmer already, Yunho was then smiling in satisfaction; ready to run away into his dreamland again.

Yunho’s mouth was opened slowly, followed by his eyes- which were probably scary for most people since his eyeballs were also rolled to the back. But for those who knew Yunho, it was only meant one thing; that Yunho has fallen asleep.

Well, he should be- if only there was no thunder roared aloud.

Yunho jerked and sat up on his place almost right away due to the shock. He even could feel his own heart beat without touching the chest, since it has gone way too fast for a normal one. As he realized that it has started to drizzle, Yunho frowned and rubbed his not-itchy nose.

It was morning, it was Sunday, it was raining, and he was awake. The combination itself was enough to make Yunho feeling annoyed already. Yunho loved to take a rest on Sunday and he didn’t like the rain; drizzle even more. Not anymore, at least.

Kiss me under the rain, Yunnie-yah.

Yunho stunned for a second over the familiar voice on his head, immediately looking around to find out who it was. But when he could find nothing, Yunho was sighing in disappointment- wait… no. He would never sigh in disappointment over the absence of that person. The fact that Yunho imagined it was nothing but a sign for him to try harder getting used with his new life.

Yunho sighed as he got down from the bed, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to sleep again. As he walked towards the kitchen, Yunho stretched his body and yawned lazily. He poured a glass of coffee which has been prepared by the maid and sat down on the dining chair before taking the newspaper in front of him. Yunho scanned the title one by one, trying to find something interesting in there. He took a sip of his coffee while flipping the next page in boredom-

only to spill his coffee all over the clothes and newspaper.

Yunho coughed repeatedly, but that wasn’t even his concern at the moment. Hurriedly, Yunho stood up and walked towards his bedroom again. Without a slight of hesitance, Yunho went to the bed and picked his phone there. He was groaning right away when he noticed there were some of missed calls from his dad. It wouldn’t be the best thing to face now, though he didn’t have any choices left.

‘Yunho, you have to find a lawyer now.’ Yunho could hear the voice of his dad when he was on the call already. ‘I can never understand why you decided to fire the old lawyer. He worked so well in the past and we needed someone like him. Our company is sued, Yunho. Don’t play around.’

“I will find one; better one even,” answered Yunho with a defeated sigh. It was always the hard part on this, because he could never let his dad knew anything about the man. “But why did she sue us? Is the new product not suited with her stomach or something?”

‘That’s what you need to find out,” said Yunho’s father again with a demanding tone.

When the phone call has finally ended, Yunho was dropping his body down to the bed. He closed his eyes tightly and rubbed his face; feeling tired even though the sun has just rose not a long time ago. It wasn’t Yunho’s first time to face the lawsuit, but nevertheless it didn’t make the whole process became easy either. The fact that most of the issuers just wanted a sensational issue also didn’t help at all. Sometimes Yunho even wondered why he decided to be placed there. It’s not that he didn’t like his position as the head of research and development department at a frozen-healthy-food company which was belonged to his father, but sometimes it was just way too tiring.

-which reminded him that now Yunho would have to find a lawyer.

Yunho would need a lawyer who was hard-working enough to gather the information, evidences, and also samples of his products. Someone who was competent to point out the strong points of the products and dare to challenge the other side confidently would be good. Yunho wanted someone who would smile for him, sing him the lullaby, cheer him up all the times, hug him dearly, and even-

-wait, why on earth Yunho needed a lawyer who would smile, sing, hug, and cheer him up? Yunho himself had no idea why he has said so.

Sighing as he knew that he wouldn’t be able to think of a name just by himself, Yunho finally pressed a sequence of number on his phone. He knew who could help him. Though he didn’t know how the other would provide him information, at least this person had many acquaintances he could ask.

“Changmin, I need your help.”

***

“So… when will they arrive again?”

Yunho was impatient. He knew that he shouldn’t, but he just couldn’t help it when he remembered on how critical the company’s situation was. In the past it could be solved easily since their company practically had a private lawyer that would prioritize their cases. Thus, as this was a new situation for Yunho; without any lawyers prepared to help him, Yunho was nervous as hell.

“Hyung, just relax,” The person beside Yunho; Changmin, rested his back as he took a sip of his drink. “They will come; that was for sure. And if this can help you to take a breath, Junsu told me that he would make sure this hyung of him is going to take the case no matter what.”

“Shouldn’t I be the one deciding whether he’s competent or not?” asked Yunho with a frown.

“He is good,” Changmin said calmly with a shrug. “This guy is the best choice you could ever imagine; according to Junsu. He has won dozens of similar cases like yours.”

Yunho raised his eyebrows, feeling skeptical with the explanation from Changmin. Somehow, Yunho didn’t like on how Changmin thought there was a better lawyer than he used to have before. “You’re sure that this Junsu isn’t framing you or something, right?”

Changmin glared dangerously at Yunho instead, making Yunho got taken aback for a second. “No. He isn’t going to do such to me,” said him with a warning tone.

Yunho was stunned for a second.

When he finally returned to the real world and about to reply, someone has already called Changmin. Yunho turned his attention to Changmin’s back, watching a guy marched towards Changmin and sat comfortably right beside him. He even could see that Changmin’s expression was softened instantly. Sure it wasn’t hard for Yunho to guess the reason behind Changmin’s reaction, even though that was kind of weird; since he didn’t know Changmin could… get attached with this kind of guy- the cheerful and bubbly one.

“You’re Yunho-Hyung?” the other person asked; didn’t seem to bother introduce himself. “Minnie has told me a lot about you and your company.”

Minnie was what Yunho noted inside his mind. Never once Changmin let someone called him as cute as that. “Yes, that’s me,” he finally answered with a smile. “You’re Junsu; Changmin’s boyfriend?”

Changmin coughed over his drink while Junsu’s face was getting reddened upon the words.

“We’re- just best friends.” said Changmin hurriedly between his coughs.

“But-”

“I… I am married already,” added Junsu immediately.

“With a woman,” added Changmin as soon.

Yunho stopped right away, doing nothing but making a big O with his mouth. Not that he understood the fact Junsu has been married matter- since he himself believed that a marriage didn’t really mean anything, but Changmin was probably just had a one-sided love with a straight man. Though, he was sure Junsu just showed these lovey-dovey eyes on Changmin before.

“Anyway,” Junsu started off again, “Hyung is still parking the car, please wait a moment.”

Yunho nodded, knowing it was a sign for him to leave the previous topic right away. “Okay,” he said, “But if it’s alright… May I ask how sure you are this person is the right one? I mean- how great is he?”

“Hyung is great,” Junsu said as a matter of fact. “I just knew him for a year but he helped me quite a lot already. Don’t worry.”

Yunho knew that it wasn’t his place to doubt about this hyung; at least, not before he found out who he was. Though, it was quite hard for him to not snicker upon Junsu’s admiration on the hyung. After all, his previous lawyer was already had too-good-to-be-true skills.

Well, the thought was only stood out until he saw someone was running towards him them. He had a beautiful and bright smile on the face, along with his big doe-eyes and full lips which Yunho could recognize even from 500 meters. Unconsciously, Yunho held his breath as his stare was locked at the other person. He has been longing way too long to watch and listen at the other.

-no, he couldn’t long over that man; he has been hated for so long, that should be the right words.

Even though Yunho’s stare never left from the other man, apparently the latter hasn’t recognized his presence. He was busy talking and laughing with Junsu, to the point none of them realized Changmin was gaping widely right beside Junsu. It seemed that the other man also hasn’t realized his presence yet up to now. Looking Changmin’s expression, Yunho felt a little bit relieved. At least Changmin was not doing anything stupid like planning such a surprising reunion with this man.

Yunho should have known; Sunday morning combined with the drizzle would never be a good sign. It hasn’t even past midday and there was two not-so-good news already; lawsuit and meeting this man.

Yunho didn’t like getting ignored; not by someone precious to him, and even more by someone who he should hate. He just couldn’t bear the tension concentrated only at him. Thus, Yunho decided to act on something; so that the man would notice him. Out of habit, he clumsily dropped his spoon to the floor and made all the attentions on him. Yunho tried to act naturally by cussing with a low voice, immediately bending down to get the spoon back. He took that chance to study about the latter, as he was feeling satisfied when he could see the widened eyes and surprised look there.

Now, that was how it should be.

“Y- Yunnie-yah?” stuttered the other man, gulping down nervously all of sudden.

Yunho clenched his fist hardly; trying to not let emotions took control over him. “Hey,” he said flatly, showing no emotions. “It’s been long since the last time we met-”

Okay that sounded like he was still in love at the other when he wasn’t. He actually wanted to cancel the business with this guy, but Yunho really didn’t want to mess around with Changmin’s secret love; for only God knew how Changmin would react on that. Changmin would probably get mad at him for days, but Yunho was still way too lazy to face that. Besides, the time to get the case done was short- and so on… Well shortly, he still needed to do the business with the guy; like it or not, right?

“I mean… please have a seat and we can start discussing about the business here,” he corrected his words immediately. “I have no time for personal things right now, Kim Jaejoong-sshi.”

Jaejoong soon enough got tensed as he heard Yunho’s soul-less intonation.

“Wait a second. You know each other already?” asked Junsu, feeling surprised since it was a new fact for him. He was then turned to Changmin right away; punching the taller shoulder lightly. “Then why did you ask me to get a wonderful lawyer for your Yunho-Hyung? He knows the best!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter