Part I

Just One Day - The Sequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jagiya, aren’t you hot?” I ask, turning to Suho.

 

“No. Why would you think that?” he replies.

 

“Well, you’re wearing a sweater and it just so happens that we’re at Disneyland on a hot summer day.”

 

He smiles; “I’m cool.”

I roll your eyes at your husband’s response. Leave it up to him to put together an ensemble that made him stick out amongst the shorts, tanks, and t-shirts the rest of the crowd was sporting. Me myself are sweating under the hot weather and it hasn’t even been noon yet. The rest of the day is definitely going to be long.

 

“Mommy?”

 

“Yes, sweetie?” I stopped, looking down at your son.

 

“I’m thirsty.”

 

“Okay, let’s go in the shade and mommy will get you some water.”

 

The three of us make a right and stop in a café. I pulled off  my backpack and open it, rummaging around for Jonhee’s water bottle.

 

“Are you having fun, Joonhee-ah?” Joonmyun asks, pulling Jae to sit in his lap.

 

“Mmhmm,” Joohyun responds, nodding happily. “Lots and lots of fun!”

 

“Good. Daddy is too.”

 

“Oppa,” I interjected, “Where is his water bottle?”

 

“Isn’t it in your bag?”

 

“No, I can’t find it. Didn’t you give it to him after we got off the Dumbo ride earlier?”

 

“I think so,” Joonmyun says absentmindedly because he started ticking Joonhee. “Maybe you misplaced it. You can’t escape from me Joonhee!”

 

Joonhee giggles loudly as Joonmyun continues to amuse him.

 

“S-stop it d-daddy – hahaha!”

 

I sighed as I watched Joonmyun completely forget about me. As much as I love his relationship with Joonhee, I  wish that he would help carry more responsibilities than just being Joonhee’s playmate. Afterall, I didn’t get pregnant by yourself.

 

 “I’m going to go buy him some water,” I said, grabbing your wallet. “Do you want anything?”

 

“Nope. We’re good.”

 

I turn my back to them and go stand in the order line. I looked over my shoulder and see that Joonmyun  had stopped tickling Joonhee. Now, the two of them were playing with Joonhee’s action figures that I had brought along in case Joonhee got bored. Today’s trip to Disneyland had been a long-awaited trip, as Joonhee  was finally able to clear his schedule. I never thought there would be a day that I came to see those things as impediments to my life. As much as I loved and supported him, I wished that he would be able to come home more often to see me and Joonhee.But, there was really nothing I  could do about it. I have just going to have to make the best of the situation.

 

After buying the water bottles, I turn around and walk back to where Joonmyun and Joonhee had been sitting. I was too busy putting my change back in your wallet that I don’t really notice a difference until I look up and see that the both of them and my backpack are gone. I stopped and scan the café but there is no sight of them. Thinking that they must have gone to the restroom, I sat down and wait.

 

Ten minutes later, they’re still not back. Worried, I exit the café and start searching for them. I pull out my phone and call Joonmyun  as I walk but he doesn’t pick it. I keep calling again but still, no response. I didn’t hit any luck until I passed by a long line of people waiting to ride the ferris wheel. That’s when I noticed the white sweater that you know belonged to Joonmyun.

 

“Oppa!”, I called.

He turns and looked at me, smiling. I’m  glad that I finally found him and –

 

“Where’s Joonhee?” I asked, upon reaching him.

 

He shrugs; “I don’t know.”

 

“What?” I replied, feeling your heart starting to race.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“B-but…but…oppa, stop playing games with me. Where is he?”

 

“I’m not. I said I don’t know.”

 

Hysterics start to take over and you feel like I’m about to faint.

 

“Are you ing kidding me?!” I yelled. “You lost Joonhee. You lost him!”

 

“Jieun-ah , calm down –“

 

“No, I will not calm down! How can I?!”

“What do you want me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter