Fire Before Predators

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

"If we move, they attack. We can't put out the fire without Chanyeol and the others are still sleeping like rocks." Baekhyun said without breaking his view of the predators. "We can fight them and hope our noise will wake the others and give them enough time to adjust to the situation, or we can fight the fire first and hope the water will be a safe haven."

"What if the water drowns them?" Suho asks.

"5 seconds won't hurt."

"Okay. I'll give me a few seconds." Suho whispered. "Chanyeol's fire is creating a boundary between the ocean and me... and I am really dehydrated."

"Well, be quick" Kai said. "They're getting more confident." Although the predators kept their distance, they were obviously inching forward as there was no retaliation.

Suho yelped as the ocean surged forward up to his knees, yet the fire still burned underneath. "What's the point of me if fire just decides it doesn't care about natural laws." He quickly retracted the water and turned back to the animals.

A few coughs behind them caught the trio's attention. "Why am I so wet" They heard Lay sputter.

Kai quickly turned back to glance at the rest of the legends. "They're waking up, but we still need to figure something out."

Chanyeol groaned. "This way." Before anyone could respond, he stood and walked through the fire. "Don't freak out, just follow where I walked. They're afraid of fire."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Chanyeol. The are you." He mumbled before holding his breath and following.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

"We need to leave here now." Kris started. "Kai help us leave." Kris was obviously done with the mysterious island as he directed the team with no care for their opinion.

"You know without a clear idea of where we are, it's still hard to determine where we are going." Kai explained, but Kris just retorted that he didn't care. "You got it" Kai muttered before gathering everyone into a circle and transporting them away.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

When the black smoke dispersed, Kai and the group were staring into Jin's eyes.

There was absolute silence as the rebellion camp's daily activities came to a halt at the arrival of the new visitors. "And how did you guys know where we were? Our illusionists should've had us covered." Jin said.

"It is a surprise to us that we are here as well." Kris replied, he glanced at Kai. Teleportation did not overlap with time travel, yet there they were, a few thousand years in the future. "Let's just pretend we walked in here and didn't appear out of thin air please."

Jin just smiled, "Anyways, aren't you supposed to be meeting with Heechul. You came back rather quickly."

Sehun flinched. "How long ago did we leave to go to Heechul?"

"About 10 minutes ago, why?" Jin replied.

"We still have time." Sehun muttered. "Guys, I need to talk to you guys in private."

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

"Heechul locked us in a cell and then poisoned us through the vents. I only had time to save myself, but then I woke up with Hani and you guys were living normal lives." Sehun explained. "If we go now, we could free ourselves before any of this starts. We could even stop Heechul."

"Wouldn't there be repurcussions of seeing our future selves in the past or vice versa?" Xiumin said.

"We could do it without direct contact." Sehun said. "We have that power."

Tao was unsure, "Heechul is in complete power now, but as we saw from the past, he has been planning things out for a few thousand years. He very well could have the power to time travel." He said. "If we fix things now, it's like fixing a broken pot with scotch tape."

"Better with scotch tape than with nothing" Kris responded.

"All I'm saying is right now, we could be in a loop. And who know, this could be where we get Heechul." Sehun said.

"Let's go." Kris said. "I hate when Sehun, of all people, knows more than me."

"Hey" Sehun scoffed.

"Let's just get there." Suho interjected.

  1. Free their old selves
  2. Go fight Heechul