Strawberry Almond Milk Tea w/Chocolate Pearls

Just Sweet

               If anyone asked, Oh Sehun would say that the reason he’d accepted Yifan’s offer of a job at Just Sweet was not because of the employee benefits—although, free bubble tea, what? And not because he was still a scholarship student—despite spending money on the Chinese drink like a chaebol—and needed the money. It wasn’t even because Sehun concluded that working at Just Sweet would force him to stick around when embarrassed because it wasn’t like he could just up and run out of his place of employment.

               Actually, Sehun would say that he worked at Just Sweet because the cute, deer-like guy who’d attracted Sehun’s attention worked there too; and since he now knew definitively that Luhan liked him back, Sehun would happily have even worked overtime if that meant he’d get to see more of the BTG.

               As it turns out, today was Sehun’s first day on the job, and Luhan was pretending to be a customer to teach him the ropes. Much to Sehun’s embarrassment, once he’d made and given Luhan his drink, Sehun said, “Thank you for your business;” but then he slipped, calling Luhan “BTG” in place of the usual “customer-nim” that Just Sweet employees were supposed to use. Luhan almost choked on one of the chocolate pearls in his strawberry almond milk tea when Sehun felt the need to explain his and Jongin’s nickname.

               “BTG stands for Bubble Tea Guy?” Luhan asked, thoroughly amused. “Really, that’s the best you could come up with?”

               Sehun shrugged and blushed. “It was mostly Jongin’s idea,” he said defensively.

               Luhan pouted at that, asking why Sehun hadn’t thought of one on his own—since he’d recently admitted he liked Luhan tho much. Sehun just shoved the BTG lightly in response and tried to inconspicuously cover the blush that had spread from his cheeks to his ears.

               (His childhood lisp had a tendency to emerge from deep cover whenever Sehun was really excited about something, and the opportunity to work at Just Sweet had definitely been exciting. Yifan had mentioned they were hiring and when he asked Sehun if he was interested in the job, Sehun had blurted out, “Of courth! I like Luhan tho much! I mean, bubble tea!” Sehun thought himself lucky that he and Yifan were in the back office and Luhan wasn’t there, so he had only groaned when Yifan chuckled, ruffled the Oh boy’s hair, and said, “In that case, the job’s yours.” Unfortunately for Sehun, it looks like Yifan must have told someone because now Luhan totally knew.)

               “Aw,” Luhan cooed, “don’t worry, Sehunnie baby. I think it’s adorable.”

               Sehun, who was becoming more confident in sharing his feelings after the shock treatment of his last few Just Sweet visits, mumbled out, “I think you’re adorable,” drawing a squeak of pleased surprise from Luhan.

               “Oh Sehun just confessed to me!” Luhan shouted to the rest of the people in the bubble tea shop. Tao, who had pestered Yifan for tutoring help and was currently sitting in a corner booth with the Just Sweet manager, cheered.

               “Lu-ge,” Sehun hissed, “stop! I’m embarrassed to admit this, but it’s not like this is the first time I’ve said something finger-curling to you.” Sehun actually had quite the bad habit of being mushy where Luhan was concerned, and it constantly embarrassed him that Jongin and Luhan constantly acted like he was doing something out of character. “And I’ve confessed before,” he added with a whisper.

               “Well since I confessed first,” Luhan said petulantly, “let me bask in the fact that you’ve decided to finally share your feelings.” Sehun harrumphed but said nothing.

               “Although,” added Luhan, “it’s not like you were doing a very good job of being subtle about it. I knew you liked me even before Jongin-ssi said anything.”

               Oh god, Sehun thought to himself, lowering his head into his hands to hide his seemingly ever-present blush. “Was I really that obvious?” he asked.

               “Yeah, baby, you were.” Luhan admitted with a giggle. “But it’s okay because I thought you were so cute every time you came in that I was just glad you were finally talking to me.”

               Sehun was offended and tried to defend himself. “Hey!” he said, regretting the words even as they came out of his mouth, “I didn’t know your name.” (He could practically hear Jongin’s voice in the back of his mind saying, “That’s a lame excuse and you know it.”)

               “Well now you do,” Luhan said, giggling at Sehun’s words but pleased that he’d won the argument. “I still can’t believe you called me BTG, though.” Luhan looked down as if reminded of something important and adjusted his name tag before glancing at Sehun to do the same for him. The BTG realized something ironic, however, and added, “You’ve forgotten your name tag, by the way.”

               At Luhan’s words, Sehun found himself peering worriedly at Yifan, as if the manager had somehow heard Luhan from across the room and would shortly be coming over to give Just Sweet’s newest employee a piece of his mind. Sehun quickly checked the counter, his bag, and the pocket of his apron, but the name tag was nowhere to be found.

               Luhan was overly excited about the situation and said with added cheer, “Does this mean I get to give you a nickname too?” (Sehun didn’t bother to point out that if Luhan didn’t think Sehunnie or Baby counted as nicknames then the BTG needed to get his intelligence checked.)

               “Sure,” Sehun said, humoring him.

               “Hmm,” Luhan hummed, looking deep in thought. Sehun suddenly had the surprising idea that he really wanted to kiss the BTG on the nose for being so cute, and had to actively refrain from doing something that would so obviously out his growing Luhan-obsession.

               “Uh-huh?” Sehun prompted, needing to say something—anything—to stop himself from attacking Luhan’s face with his lips. In reality, the two weren’t actually dating and had yet to even hold hands, so Sehun wasn’t quite sure when he’d become such a pyuntae, at least where Luhan was concerned.

               “Well, I can’t exactly call you BTG, obviously.” Luhan said, thinking out loud. Obviously, was Sehun’s thought in response.

               “I know!” Luhan expressed triumphantly, excited again. “I’ll call you the BTGB!”

               Sehun had been ready to agree with practically anything Luhan suggested, but this one just confused him. He considered a few options—Blonde, Tall, Good-looking Boy was his personal favorite—but soon gave up in defeat. “BTGB?” he asked. “Is that even short for something?”

               Luhan’s giggle was practically infectious in that moment and Sehun was surprised to see that the BTG was blushing. “It’s not something embarrassing, is it?” Sehun asked, suddenly concerned that Luhan might have been spending a little too much time with Jongin. (He wasn’t sure, but Sehun thought he heard an “I hope not,” from Luhan in response.)

               “Well,” Sehun said, prompting again.

               “Well,” Luhan parroted back. “How does Bubble Tea Guy’s Boyfriend sound to you?”

               To say Sehun wasn’t ready was an understatement. “Boyfriend?!” he managed with an accompanying “Eep!” of what Luhan hoped was agreement.

               Luhan, though, was more than ready for this moment—even going so far as to coerce Jongin into stealing Sehun’s name tag before the Oh boy had come in to work today. (He’d hinted that Kyungsoo was really looking forward to seeing Seoul English Theater’s midnight showing of Singin’ in the Rain. As a result, Luhan thought that Jongin, who was terrible at foreign languages but was willing to do almost anything for the large-eyed object of his affections, might consider that the opportune moment for officially asking Kyungsoo out. After that golden nugget of information, Jongin had been more than willing to help Luhan in any way possible.)

               “Um, yeah?” Luhan questioned, suddenly shy.

               Unfortunately, Sehun’s initial inability to communicate where Luhan was concerned decided to come back with a vengeance and Sehun’s mind just went completely blank.

               He said nothing and Luhan was worried now. “Baby? Sehunnie?” he asked. “Please, say something,” Luhan begged.

               “Do I like bubble tea?” was Sehun’s idiotic response.

               Sehun mentally face palmed when Luhan looked a little confused and a lot hurt and said, “Um, yes?”

               “Then of courth I’ll be the BTGB,” was Sehun’s self-redeeming—and adorable—response.

               Happiness became impulsivity when Luhan couldn’t contain himself and kissed Sehun squarely on the lips. Sehun was vaguely aware of Yifan’s indignant “Yah! What do you think you’re doing in my shop?” but the BTGB was too concerned with the fact that Luhan smelled like a heavenly mix of strawberries, chocolate, and almonds to give his boss the attention Yifan probably deserved.

               When Luhan pulled away, Sehun became aware of a heaviness on his chest. He looked down to see that his name tag had somehow appeared while he was kissing his BTG and looked at his boyfriend with ill-concealed suspicion. “Did you have something to do with this?” he asked Luhan, unsure whether to be more amused or annoyed.

               “Yep!” Luhan responded, obviously quite pleased with himself. “It’s not like you were going to make a move any time soon. And besides,” he added with a pout that Sehun desperately wanted to kiss away, “what if you decided you didn’t like me anymore?”

               Sehun shook his head so vehemently in disagreement that he managed to temporarily give himself a headache. “I’d never!” was his response. “You taste too much like bubble tea.”