Lemon Slushy w/Bubbles

Just Sweet

           If anyone asked, Oh Sehun would say that the reason he keeps going back to Just Sweet is because of his recent discovery of their green tea. Not because he was now kind of coming to terms with his crush on Luhan, the still cute, deer-like guy who worked there. And not at all because he liked the way Luhan's attention was always focused solely on Sehun.

 
           So really, if anyone asked, Sehun had no right to feeling upset or jealous when he went to Just Sweet today and found Luhan joking and laughing with some guy. But he was, and that surprised him because usually Sehun was not at all the jealous boyfriend type.
 
           If the guy were Jongin--who was not only Sehun's best friend, but was also so into Luhan's coworker that he was basically harmless--Sehun would have been worried about what secrets Jongin might be sharing with the BTG, but would generally be fine with it. If the guy were Kyungsoo--said coworker with whom Jongin was infatuated--or Yifan--the scary student manager of Just Sweet--Sehun would have been fine with that too.
 
           But no. This guy was unfamiliar and that Sehun had a problem with. He had no real claims on Luhan and Sehun hadn't realized how much that bothered him until today, when he couldn't do much more than glare at the intruder in silence. Before Luhan, Sehun hadn't really been the possessive type either, but it was taking a lot of willpower for him not to go up and stake a claim on his man.
 
           How can he do this? Sehun thought miserably. I thought Luhan was interested in me.
 
           Sehun sighed loudly in response to his own contemplations, catching Luhan's attention as a result.
 
            "Hi Sehunnie!" the BTG said with a grin. Sehun smiled tentatively at Luhan in return, but mentally cursed Jongin when the next words out of Luhan's mouth were "I mithed you!" (Sehun had a lisp when he was younger and Jongin must have shared that semi-embarrassing fact with the BTG during one of the times he came to see Kyungsoo.)
 
           Luhan smiled brilliantly when Sehun started pouting and winked at him before commenting on Sehun's cuteness like he always did. With that, the other guy cleared his throat loudly at being ignored and Sehun was reminded of his anger, his pout turning into a frown.
 
           "Lemon slushy with bubbles," Sehun ordered curtly. To reflect my mood, he thought petulantly when Luhan looked a little confused at the abrupt turn of events and wanted to know why Sehun was ordering something other than the green tea or his usual.
 
           "Um, okay," Luhan replied, eyebrows slightly furrowed and clearly still a little confused. "This is Tao, by the way," the BTG said to Sehun from over his shoulder as he turned to grab the ice from the freezer. "He's a freshman like you and he raps too."
 
           "Sup?" the other guy said in greeting, a tongue stud flashing as he did so. In that moment, Sehun decided he hated Tao for being exactly like him except cooler.
 
           Sehun merely grunted in response, unwilling to open his own mouth and reveal a very obvious lack of any stupidly y piercings. He then moved toward the end of the order counter to wait for his drink in silence, glaring at Tao as he did so. 
 
           You're acting like an idiot, Sehun told himself silently, annoyed that Luhan's lack of attention was having such a great impact on his mood.
 
           Sehun had already paid for his drink and was all prepared to leave in a huff once Luhan stopped being distracted by Tao's presence and finished making Sehun's drink. When Tao said, "Actually, Lu, I think I'm just going to go," and then said something else to the BTG in Mandarin, Sehun decided he didn't even want to wait for his drink anymore, even thought he'd paid good money for it. (It wasn't fair! How was Sehun supposed to know that one day while trying to one-up a romantic rival he'd regret sleeping through high school Mandarin?)
 
           Thankfully, Kyungsoo was there to stop Sehun from making a fool of himself in front of the entire population of Just Sweet. Just as the Oh boy was reaching for the door handle, he heard his name. "Sehun!" Kyungsoo shouted out, rushing toward him from where he'd been bussing tables."You weren't leaving, were you? Your drink isn't even finished yet!"
 
           "Sehunnie?" Luhan called out to him, and Sehun didn't have to look to know the BTG was pouting. "You're leaving?"
 
           Kyungsoo, Sehun thought, I think I hate you almost as much as I hate Tao right now. Why are you doing this to me?!
 
           It took Kyungsoo a few seconds to get over to where Sehun had paused in the doorway of Just Sweet. When he reached Sehun, Kyungsoo leaned over and whispered quietly, "Stop being jealous, Sehun. Tao is Luhan's cousin."
 
           "And anyway," Sehun heard Tao say from behind him, "Kris-ge is much more my type."
 
           Yifan poked his head out of the back office, curious at the mention of his English name, while Sehun just slammed his forehead into the counter. Repeatedly.
 
           "The world hates me," he muttered under his breath.
 
           Jongin, who'd arrived some time during all the commotion, chuckled at his friend's misfortune and replied, "Maybe, but Luhan doesn't."
 
           "I hate you" was Sehun's monotone response, his face pressed flat against the countertop.
 
           Luhan chose that moment to come rushing over with Sehun's completed order, asking Jongin if Our Sehunnie had had a bad day or something because it wasn't like him to be so cold.
 
           Jongin smirked and opened his mouth to deliver what was doubtless going to be a response of ultimate embarrassment for Sehun. Before he could, however, Sehun mumbled, "I thought...you and Tao...and then..."
 
           "Huh?" Luhan asked, unable to really hear what Sehun was saying and totally confused by the little he could understand. "Tao?"
 
           "Jealous!" Sehun shouted. Everyone else in Just Sweet stopped what they were doing to look at Sehun with interest, only turning away when he blushed and started mumbling incoherently again.
 
           "I was jealous," he continued. "Of you and Tao."
 
           Luhan and Tao snorted simultaneously in disbelief. "Me and Tao?" the BTG said with a laugh. "But we're--"
 
           "I know that now!" Sehun said indignantly. "But I didn't when I first came in and you two were talking and laughing like no one else existed." If it was possible his blush deepened even more. "I wanted that to be me," he said shyly.
 
           "Pabo," Luhan giggled. "If you don't know by this point that I like Oh Sehun and only Oh Sehun, then I must be doing something wrong."
 
           Luhan winked at Sehun--his favorite past time--and then said, "You're it for me, baby."
 
           Before he could stop them and of their own volition, Sehun's eyes disappeared into half moons at the nickname, showing that he was clearly pleased even when he was trying really hard not to be.
 
           "Baby. Right," he managed to say through his Luhan-induced haze.
 
           "Yep. Baby. That's what I'm going to call you now, Sehunnie." Luhan decided. "Is that okay? Do you like it?" he asked tentatively, worried when Sehun still didn't emerge from his dazed state.
 
           I like you, Sehun thought.
 
           Except he must have said it out loud because the next thing Sehun knew, Luhan's lips were on his cheek and the brief kiss was followed by a whisper of "Good. I like you too," by Sehun's ear.
 
           Recently, Sehun had promised himself that he would stop running out of Just Sweet like a maniac every time he got embarrassed or Luhan did something particularly adorable. Today, though, Sehun decided to give himself a much needed break; the last thing he heard as he ran out the door was Jongin's voice saying, "It's okay, Sehun. You can always start being normal tomorrow."