Full Circle

The F Word

“Jongin! Come on, we’re gonna be late,” reminds Kyungsoo from the living room as he ties his shoelaces.

“Just a sec!” Jongin hurriedly walks out the bedroom, fumbling with his jacket sleeves in the process, before pausing at the doorway. It’s been three months now since he and Kyungsoo have decided to move in together, and yet it still feels as romantic as the day they walked in to bare white walls with cardboard boxes in hand. Right now, they’re headed out of town to visit Kyungsoo’s grandparents, and Jongin should be nervous about meeting Kyungsoo’s family for the first time but the elder had assured and reassured him countless times to just act natural. He reckons he’ll be fine.

They make it to the station just as the bus pulls up and make themselves seated at one of the farther rows. Immediately, their hands intertwine and Kyungsoo rests his head reflexively on his boyfriend’s shoulder.

“This sure feels familiar.”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo sits up straight, confused, because he’s pretty sure that in all the time they’ve known each other, he and Jongin have yet to ride the bus together.

“Oh crap.”

“Wait, what is it?”

“Remember when we met on Chanyeol’s birthday?”

“Of course,” Kyungsoo enunciates slowly, not really knowing where this is headed.

“Although that’s technically when we met, I’ve sort of already known you from before.”

“Yeah?”

“We sat next to each other on the bus, but you probably didn’t notice because you were sleeping and then your head dropped to my shoulder. And I loved it.”

“Why have you never told me this?” Kyungsoo teases, a full-on smile now blooming across his face.

“Because it sounds kinda creepy.”

“Do you know what else is creepy?”

“What?”

“Waking up on the bus and falling so in love with the scent a stranger left on your sweater, that you decide to wear it to school again on the next day.”

“Ok, I don’t think I'm catching on. You mean to say you were aware of that incident?”

“Why do you think I opened up so quickly to you? I knew who you were. At least, I recognized your cologne. So Kim Jongin, I think I definitely win for most creepy.”

“Unbelievable.” Both boys still are struggling to process this newly acquired information, laughing at the incredulity of it, but they chalk it up to fate rather than coincidence.

With a smile still firmly set on his face, Kyungsoo once again lets his head rest on that familiar junction and Jongin lets his hand card through that familiar mop of hair because…

It definitely belongs there.

---

A/N: Wow. It's over. First off, I apologize because this update is so remarkably short in length and long in the waiting. I guess I just didn't really know where to go with it halfway through. :( And this is my very first fic so I know it seems a little crude in comparison to my other works.

But for all the beautiful people who saw something special in this, you have no idea how much it means when you comment or subscribe or just read this in general. If there's one thing I hope for, it's that I made people feel something. If I have, then it really is all worth it in the end.

Thank you!!! :D

Fin