Breakfast

Charade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After his free breakfast Jongin decided to help his sister run the café. Some fans happened to drop by and recognize him but thankfully no windows and doors were broken. Although many asked for pictures he had to deny but gave them his autograph instead, but he was really sure they were taking his pictures behind his back. His sister was impressed with Jongin’s way of taking care of his fans, he always had a sweet smile on his face when they talk to him and always asked them to stay healthy.

When it was time to say goodbye to their last customer he turned back to see his sister with a warm smile on her face. “What?” he asked. “I can see how much you appreciate them.” She said and he nodded. “I owe them noona. You know that.” He said. “Yes I do, I’m just happy you didn’t turn out to be one of those arrogant idols who just takes their popularity for granted once they go on sold-out worldwide tours. I’m happy my little Jongin is still there doing what he loves.” She said to her little brother to which he responded with a shy smile but with a little worry in his eyes.

“Now talk.” His sister said.

“Talk about what?” he asked. “Something is bothering you I can see it.” She said to him while making him sit down on one of their chairs.  “Fine, you caught me.” He said with a sigh. “Come on you little rascal, tell me.” She messed with his hair. “Well, I don’t know if its me or my rebellious youth spirit but I can’t help but wonder how I will be when my days as an idol is over.”

“I understand. So you’re saying you just don’t want to be stuck in your world as an idol.”

“Exactly noona. I’m doing what I love, yes, but once this is all over what will be of me? And sometimes I can’t help but wonder what kind of person I will be if the words ‘EXO’s Kai’ floating over my head everywhere I go.”

“I know what you can do.” His sister spoke. “You do?” he asked. “Of course. Isn’t it an easy choice? Go to college!”

“WHAT?” he looked at her in disbelief.

“What do you mean ‘what’? In college you can learn more about dance, or literature, or math or even business! Your worries of your future can at least lessen once you have your college degree. Don’t you see your seniors do it? 2PM’s Taecyeon, SNSD’s Seohyun, 2NE1’s Minzy and many more go to college and I barely see them complain about the attention in school. The most I can see are just pictures of them in class on their first day and that’s about it.” His sister said.

Jongin thought about it for a while and wondered if it really was a good idea to go to college while living as an idol. But then again what was his excuse when so many idols already have their college degree?

“Thanks for the tip noona, but I think I’ll need some time to think about it first.” He said.

“I understand baby boy. Now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter