nine of ten

1 to 10 Equals Me & You

Jongin tore a chunk of cotton candy from the one he held in his hand and fed it to Kyungsoo. They were at the LA Universal Studios, along with Jongin's family. His sister and mother went off to change his niece's diapers and Jongin was left to wander around with Kyungsoo.

Unlike when they arrived at the airport, the fans that they saw at the Universal Studios were much more considerate. Unlike those who clambered around, shoving their cameras rudely in their faces despite being told not to, these fans just kept their distances and at most, sneaked a couple of shots that weren't that disturbing. Some managed to gather the courage to approach them and asked them politely if they were Kai and D.O. They smiled, admitting they were and shook hands with them. The fans quickly went on their way, after telling them that they looked good together. 

Jongin tore off another chunk and fed Kyungsoo with it. This time, Kyungsoo chomped on his fingers. Jongin yelped and stared at Kyungsoo, who had a wide smile on his face. Kyungsoo bit off another chunk of cotton candy and offered the other side of the cotton candy sticking out of his lips to Jongin. Jongin grinned and accepted the cotton candy kiss from his boyfriend.

"Uncle Kyungsoo!"

Jongin's niece came running towards them, with her mother and grandmother following behind her, and threw her arms around Kyungsoo's legs. He reached down, laughing, and swung the toddler up into his arms.

"Uncle Kyungsoo, I want cotton candy too!" pouted the toddler.

Since he was already holding the cotton candy, Jongin tore a piece off and gave it to the toddler in Kyungsoo's arms. The toddler frowned at it and turned away.

"No! I want Uncle Kyungsoo to feed me!"

Kyungsoo giggled and fed the toddler. He whispered loudly to her, "Good choice, kiddo. Uncle Jongin's hand stinks." Kyungsoo then quickly ran away with a hysterically laughing toddler in his arms. It took Jongin several seconds to realised what his boyfriend said and several more seconds for him to react to chase after them, yelling at the top of his lungs. When he caught up with them, the toddler happily tore two pieces of cotton candy and fed her two uncles.

Someone snapped a photo of this beautiful moment and within minutes, half of the fans worldwide changed their phone's wallpaper to that picture.

 


 

"Mum. Mum, we're home."

Kyungsoo's mum poked her head out from the kitchen. "Welcome home! Give me a few minutes, I'm just finishing up the fried chicken."

Jongin arranged his shoes and followed Kyungsoo into his parent's home. He had been here enough times to have some of his personal items littering around the house, including his clothes and toiletries in Kyungsoo's room. 

Jongin went to the kitchen with Kyungsoo to greet Kyungsoo's mother with a hug, "How have you been, Mother? Where is Father?"

Kyungsoo's mother smiled, "He's out getting some soju. He should be back soon. Make yourself comfortable. Lunch will be ready soon."

Kyungsoo went to the living room and got ready the massage chair. When Jongin came out of the kitchen, munching on a stolen piece of fried chicken, Kyungsoo tugged on his hand and pushed him into the chair. 

"You're tired, aren't you? Told you I would drive but you just have to be an egomaniac and insist to drive. Your body must be exhausted, right?" Kyungsoo nagged on as he punch in the settings on the massage chair. Just when he stood up, he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his waist and pulled him into the massage chair. He plopped in and felt Jongin's breath on his neck.

"Your massage feels much better."

Kyungsoo cringed at the cheesiness. Before he could say anything, the door opened.

"I'm home... Oh, Kyungsoo, Jongin, you kids are back? Come here and give this old man a hug."

 

Much later on, Jongin sat on Kyungsoo's bed, dressed in a wife beater and a pair of Kyungsoo's boxers. He switched off the hair dryer he was using and waited for Kyungsoo to finish his shower. Kyungsoo came in soon after and sat down automatically in front of Jongin. Jongin picked up the hair dryer and started drying Kyungsoo's hair. When his hair was all fluffy and dried, Kyungsoo tossed the damp towel around his neck onto the drying rack. He then switches off the lights and crawled onto the bed, into Jongin's arms.

 

Next chapter is the last chapter...