five of ten

1 to 10 Equals Me & You

Jongin was in a foul mood.

In order to be more wholesome, he decided to sign up for some lessons that he usually will not go to. Kyungsoo suggested this some time ago and Jongin figured that it is time for him to step out of his comfort zone and be more involved in other fields other than dance.

Kyungsoo, however, did not suggest for him to sign up for Fresh Boy Dance. It is dance lessons after all, so Jongin went ahead to sign up for the advance level Fresh Boy Dance lessons.

What Jongin didn't know is that Fresh Boy genre involves smiling boyishly while dancing brightly, flouncing around cheerfully with a chunk of his hair tied adorably to the side. 

In addition, in advance level, you were expected to be able to do the basics of being a fresh face boy. Winking cutely with a wide smile should be second nature already.

This was the first time Jongin was ever yelled at in a dance lesson.

At least, even though he had never played the piano, he started from the introductory level and was taught by a very kind piano instructor for his next lesson of the day.

 


 

Kyungsoo guffawed. "Come on, you should have looked into it properly before signing up."

Kyungsoo found a really upset Jongin sulking in the trainees lounge. The younger boy still had a tuft of his hair sticking up due to it being tied up for the accursed dance lesson. Kyungsoo ruffled his hair affectionately and carried the two cups of hot chocolate he just made over to the sitting area.

Jongin accepted his cup while glowering at Kyungsoo. "You were the one who told me to sign up for lessons that I usually won't go to."

"Does that mean that you have to sign up for even pole dance lessons?" Kyungsoo dropped a handful of marshmallows into each cup. "Come on, kid, let me bring you out of your misery. There is a song that I'm practising on recently. Tell me what you think of it."

Kyungsoo pulled Jongin into his usual practice room to find someone already standing there, looking through his notes and sheets on the table. Kyungsoo's first reaction was to apologize.

"Uh, excuse me, I'm sorry. I didn't clear my stuff out before I left and... I didn't know someone would come in as there are other rooms but... No, I... Hold on, let me clear my stuff out first. I'm sorry," Kyungsoo quickly started to gather his stuff. He peeked from under his bangs and discovered that it was Ryeowook hyung. 

Ryeowook was smiling at the sheets for the song Kyungsoo was currently practising on. He turned towards the two younger boys cheerfully. "Hello there, Kyungsoo, Jongin," he flipped the papers around. "You're practising this song?"

"Yes, hyung."

Ryeowook smiled happily, "That's great! I've always wanted to perform this song but it is hard to do this alone since this is a duet and my members doesn't want to do this song with me. Do you want to try singing this song with me?"

Kyungsoo hesitated for a moment before agreeing.

It didn't take them long to go to the recording room to practise. Jongin sat at the monitoring console while the two vocalists adjusted their equipments and let out seemingly random yodels to warm up their voices.


Halfway through the song, Kyungsoo realised that his eyes were just looking constantly at Jongin through the glass divider.

When the song ended, Kyungsoo realised that Jongin never looked away from him the entire time.

He only vaguely heard Ryeowook hyung telling him happily that they should perform this song together after Kyungsoo's debut.

 

yay for the start of kaisoo fluff