Explanation

Forced Marriage

"Omma, please! I have my own choice. You cant choose a random husband for me that I didnt even know." Hyun Soo is not agreed with her mom, Mrs. Park. "No, Hyun Soo! We have chose the best for you. This is for your own good." Mrs. Park said. "But I can find it by my own. I dont need your help." Hyun Soo said. "No! You must listen to me! We have the right to choose who will be your husband in the future." Mrs. Park said. "Whatever, mom." She run to her room upstairs. She slammed the door hardly and lay on her bed crying.

 

After hearing the loud thud sound, Mrs. Park sighed. "Aigoo~ My plan is not working." She said. Then, Mrs. Park go to her daughter's room. She knocked the door. "Can I come in?" She ask with her soft voice. She only can heard sobbing sound inside the room. She sighed and enter the room. She quickly go to her daughter and her hair. "I know its hard, Hyun Soo. But at least try to accept this and also him. He is son of my friend and we've been talking about this for so long time ago. When you were 3 years old, their family came visit us as we're just moved there and become their neighbour. You and him get along well and playing together. We as a mum, sees that you two look great if we put the two of you together. We've been keeping our wish up until now and I want you two to fulfill it." Her mom explained. Hyun soo still sobbing even louder. She just dont want to hear anything right now. "Come here." Mrs. Park pull her daughter into her embrace. "Take your time. We didnt ask you to marry him tomorrow, you still have 2 or 3 months before the wedding. Go and have a date with him and be friendly with each other." Mrs. Park said. Hyun Soo didnt say anything. "I know you can do it!!" Mrs. Park said and then go out of the room, leaving Hyun Soo alone thinking.

 

-The next day-

Hyun Soo woke up lazily and go to the bathroom. She come out and wear her uniform and go downstairs. "Good morning, Hyun Soo." Mrs. Park greet her and smiled ear to ear. "Morning.." Hyun Soo reply with monotone. "Tonight, we have dinner with your future husband. So dont be late, okay?" Mrs. Park said. Hyun Soo nodded, no mood to talk. She eat her breakfast then go to school.

 

Once she sat down at her place, Chanyeol who is sitting beside her poke her cheek. "Hello." He said. Hyun Soo didnt give any respond. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked. Hyun Soo shake her head and started to cry. "Hey, whats wrong?" He asked in a concern voice. Hyun Soo didnt say anything. Then, the teacher come inside the class. Hyun Soo wipes her tears away. "Talk to me later." Chanyeol said and they begun the lessons.

 

-During lunch-

Hyun soo and Chanyeol go to the school garden and sit on the grass, under the tree. Once they sat down, they both looked down and play with the grass. "I want to tell you something." They both said in unison. They looked up and look at each other. "Haha. You say it first." Chanyeol said. "No, you say it first." Hyun Soo said. "No, you first." He said. "Okay... I want to tell you that I will marry with stranger in 2 more months." She said. Chanyeol was shocked but remain to stay calm. "Why so fast? You havent graduate yet." He asked. "My mom want me to marry early and she already chose a 'perfect' husband for me. She scared that when they're gone I'm gonna be alone and become useless." She said. "Ah~~~ you know him?" He asked. "No. But my mom said that when I was young, we're really close friend and would always play and go anywhere together." She reply. Chanyeol nodded several times means he understand. "So what you want to tell me?" Hyun Soo asked. Before he could even say anything, the bell rang. "Lets go to class. We will talk about it later." He said and stand up. Hyun soo nodded and stand up too. They both go to their class.

 

School has ended. Both of them go out from the class and walking back to their home. "So what is it?" Hyun Soo asked while they're walking. "Can we meet up tonight? And I'll tell you." He asked. "Oh ok." She smiled. "I'll come to your house at 8, okay?" He said. Then, Hyun Soo just remember something. "Oh, I forgot! Today I have dinner with my future husband." She said and look guilty. "Its ok. So can we meet at 3? You go home first and then we meet up at the garden near your house, okay?" He asked. "Okay." She smiled back. They reached Hyun Soo's house and she go inside. Then, Chanyeol walk back to his house.

 

-At the garden-

Chanyeol was already there sitting on a bench while waiting for Hyun Soo to come. After a few minutes, Hyun Soo come and smile widely. "Hey!" She hit his shoulder lightly. "Oh hey!" He look at Hyun Soo. "Come sit here." He pat at the empty spot beside him. Hyun Soo go there and sat beside him. "So what is it?" Hyun Soo ask. "Er.. how to start?" He said while looking down. "What is it? You make me more curious." She said. "I'm going to leave Korea tomorrow." He said. "What?!" Hyun Soo was totally shocked. "Why?" She asked. "I need to go to my hometown at Japan since my grandma is not feeling well. My parents want to look after her because my grandpa is not strong enough since he is old too." He said. "I'm going to miss you!!! I have no other friend than you when you're gone." She said with sad voice. "Dont worry. You will going to be marry soon so you wont be alone." He said while pat her back. "I dont want to marry with him! I didnt even know him!" She said while look down. Chanyeol hug her. "You know that I will always love you no matter what?" He said. "What?" Hyun Soo sit up straight and loose the grip from his hug. "Haha. Nothing." He fake laughing. "No, I heard you! Did you just confess to me?!" She asked for confirmation. "Its nothing." He said again. "Chanyeol!!!!!!!!!!" She half shout while hitting his shoulder. "What?" He's a bit surprised yet confused why is Hyun Soo shouting and hitting him. "Why you didnt say earlier?! You know that I love you too!" She said. "Really? OMG!" Chanyeol was totally shocked and have no idea about that either. "You! You! You! I hate you!" She started to cry and hitting Chanyeol's shoulder lightly. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked in concern. "You should've tell me earlier so that I dont need to marry with that stranger." She said while sobbing. "No, your parents did that for your own good." Chanyeol pat her back. "No, I want you to follow me. Go and see my mom and say to her that we're going to marry." She said while wipe her tears. She then stand up followed by Chanyeol. "Where are you going?" He asked. "I want to go back to my house and talk to my mom. You have to follow me!" She said and grab his wrist. "Wait! You cannot do this." He said and let go of his hand. "Why not?" Hyun Soo was taken back. "Hyun Soo, you cant be selfish. Your mom already arranged everything for and its already too late for me because I'm going to leave Korea and stay at Japan forever." Chanyeol said. "I can go to Japan with you." She said. "Are you crazy? You want to leave your family and relatives here and you follow me go to Japan???" Chanyeol said in disbelief. "Rather than I marry with the stranger, I prefer going with you." She said. "No, you cant be selfish. You have to considered everything when you make a decision." Chanyeol said. "You know what, I hate my life." She said and started to cry again. Chanyeol pull her into his embrace and hug her tightly. "Dont worry. Its all the best for you  you have to accept it, okay?" He said. Hyun Soo just continue crying in his embrace. He pull off from his embrace and hold her shoulder with both hand so that they're facing each other. "Lets stop this sad moments. Let's watch a movie and do whatever couple do before both of us go to our own way of life." He said and wipe her tears. Hyun Soo nodded.

 

They watched the movie, eat ice cream, play games, singing and lastly they stopped at one of the mall to buy 'couple items'. "What do you want? A shoes? A shirt? A necklace?" Chanyeol asked. "Why dont we get a ring?" She asked. "A ring?! No!" He was shocked. "Why?!" She asked. "I dont want, because ring is only for married couple." He said. "Not necessary. It can be for unmarried couple too." She said. "No, I dont want." He shook his head. "Fine! You need to buy for me the shirt, necklace and shoes!" She said and walk away. "What?! Fine..." He followed her to the t-shirt shop. "Can we have a t-shirt couple please." Hyun Soo said. "You may sit down here and choose a design. You can make your own design too." The worker said. They go to the sofa and discuss about the design. After few minutes, they decide to make dark blue t-shirt with 'I love you' design. It's quite simple for them yet meaningful. 30 minutes later, they already change to their couple t-shirt. "Its so beautiful.." Hyun Soo said. "Yes, it is. Lets go find the beautiful necklace and shoes too." He said and hold her hand. They go to the jewellery shop and picked a heart-shaped necklace. Then they bought a purple and pink colour shoes. After that, they decided to go to the garden and talk there while taking fresh air before going home.

 

They sat on a bench next to each other. Hyun Soo look a bit sad and no mood than before. "Hey, whats wrong? Isnt it nice the wear those 'couple outfit'?" Chanyeol ask. "When is your flight?" Hyun Soo suddenly asked out of topic. "Tomorrow afternoon." He smiled to remain calm and hold his sadness. "Do you realy really want to leave me here alone and let me marry with the stranger in about 2 months more?" Hyun Soo face him. "I didnt mean to leave you alone. My parents want me to go there.." Chanyeol look down, not dare to see her sad face. "Okay then." She look away. She's a bit angry and sad. "Dont worry. I'll come and visit you when I have time." He said while wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She just nodded and soon the tears finally fall. Chanyeol grab her chin and lift her face up. "Hey, dont cry, plaease! I will cry too if you didnt stop." He wipe her tears away using his thumb. "I'm s-sorry. I just hate myself. I hate my life." She said while sobbing. "No, all happens are for your own good okay? Dont cry." He put her into his embrace. Hyun Soo continue sobbing in his chest while Chanyeol her hair. After a while, she had calmed down and Chanyeol send Hyun soo back. "Bye, I'll miss you. Dont forget to always contact me!" She said before entering her house. "Bye, I'll miss you too. I promise I'll contact you as soon as possible when I arrive there." He said and smiled. She smiled back and wave her hand to him. He waved back and Hyun Soo go inside her house. Then, Chanyeol walk away with heavy sigh..