Tomorrow Will Be Better

I've Waited Long Enough

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" chorused four concerned voices, rushing to the spot where Hoseok lay face down. Hoseok rolled over from his place on the floor to stare up into four pairs of shocked eyes and one pair of sheepish ones. "OH MY GOD HYUNG I'M SO SORRY! ARE YOU OKAY? I DIDN'T MEAN FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!" Taehyung gushed, stepping back a few steps as Hoseok sat up.

"Can someone tell me what the hell happened so I can go back to bed??" Yoongi groaned, obviously annoyed.

"Like you guys were even sleeping" Namjoon snickered, earning a whack on the head from both Jin and Yoongi. "Ouch...okay sorry sorry"

"So what exactly happened?" Jin asked as his motherly instincts took over and he brought an ice pack to Hoseok's swelling shoulders.

"This here flung himself on the air mattress while I was lying down on it, and made me go flying into the air and then I freaking landed on the floor here and NOW MY FLIPPING SHOULDERS HURT LIKE !" Hoseok yelled glaring at Taehyung. Everyone froze. Hoseok was usually the kindest, and most patient member out of all of them. He rarely got mad at anyone and almost never rose his voice. No one could put their finger on exactly what was going on between the two, but they all knew there had been some kind of tension between Hoseok and Taehyung lately. 

"Watch your language, Hoseok" Jin reprimanded. 

"No, no it's okay Jin-hyung. It was my fault. Hyung has the right to be angry. I'm sorry hyung" Taehyung murmured with his head bowed and his eyes fixed on the carpet of the floor. The crack in his voice  was obvious but no one commented on it, knowing that Taehyung was not one to cry in front of people.

"Uh...V-ah, why doesn't Jimin sleep with you tonight? I think Hoseok's shoulder will hurt less if he sleeps on an actual bed and you don't have to worry about Jimin flying off the bed since he's too heavy anyway" Yoongi joked trying to lighten the mood and fill the empty silence. Although Yoongi might not always show it, he had a soft spot for all his dongsaengs and it upset him to see them upset. Plus, this way maybe he would be able to get Hoseok to spill what was happening between him and V. 

"Yah! Are you calling me fat??" Jimin complained as Namjoon and Jin laughed at Yoongi's comment. "Never baby, it's all muscle weight," Yoongi winked, giving Jimin a quick peck on his nose and slinging his arm around Jimin's waist "so what do you guys say? Is that arrangement cool?"

"Whatever" spit Hoseok as he got up and stiffly walked out of the shared living room and into the bedroom Yoongi was sleeping in. Taehyung watched his back retreat with tears pooling up in his eyes. Yoongi gave Jimin a quick kiss goodnight and ruffled Taehyung's hair as he walked out of the room and followed Hoseok, bidding the rest of them another goodnight. Namjoon and Jin each gave Taehyung a reassuring hug and told him Hoseok would be fine and not to worry himself before they were gone for the night too. 

"TaeTae?" Jimin asked walking up to Taehyung cautiously as if he was a lost, kicked puppy walking around drenched in the rain. Upon seeing the tears pooling up in his best friend's eyes, Jimin grabbed Taehyung's hand in his and slowly pulled him to the air mattress, turning the lights off on the way. He layed Taehyung down next to him and wrapped his arms around the younger, bringing him closer to his chest. Taehyung grabbed Jimin's shirt with both his hands and buried his face in Jimin's chest. "It's okay Tae, it's just me. You can cry" Jimin cooed soothingly as he rubbed soothing circles on Taehyung's back when he heard the younger boy sniffling. 

"I didn't mean it Jimin! I didn't mean to hurt him! I-I really di-din't think about what would happ-" he was crying too much to finish his sentences. But Jimin didn't care. Taehyung was his best friend in the whole world and Jimin didn't need Taehyung to speak actual words to communicate his thoughts. Jimin understood. Jimin always understood. He knew when to reply and when to just hold the younger. This time happened to be the one of the instances when Taehyung just needed to be held and reassured. 

"I know TaeTae" Jimin said, burying his nose in Taehyung's hair.

"Why does Hobi-hyung hate me Jiminnie? Am I that annoying? That bad?" Taehyung sniffled, looking up into his best friend's eyes. Jimin wiped the tears off Taehyung's cheeks before cuddling the younger again. "Of course not Tae-ah. I know Hobi-hyung doesn't hate you. Maybe there's more to it. He'll come around. I'll talk to him okay? Let's go to sleep now V-ah. Tomorrow will be better." Taehyung nodded his head and with that, they both fell asleep in their best friend's arms.