Answers

I've Waited Long Enough

Taehyung expected Hoseok to lead him to the couch in the living room of the suite but instead Hoseok pushed the air mattress by the wall, propped up a couple pillows against the wall, and pulled in Taehyung next to him. He left the lights on but snuggled them both under the covers, Taehyung sitting sideways in his lap, his head against Hoseok’s shoulder as they held hands. 

“Okay let’s talk” Hoseok nodded, looking down at Taehyung. 

“Okay.” Taehyung replied, suddenly at a loss of questions. 

“Well I guess I should start off with the obvious. I don’t like Jimin. I like /you/ Tar.” Hoseok said, squeezing their entwined hands to emphasize his point. 

“But you said you would date him on the broadcast” Taehyung still couldn’t say those words without his voice wavering. 

“Tae that was a lie. I couldn’t say I would date you after you’d already said you’d date me. That would have been way too suspicious” Hoseok explained. If he’d known it would hurt the younger so much, he would have just said the truth and dealt with his manager’s wrath instead. 

“Oh.” Taehyung said, nodding slowly “I guess that makes sense.”

“I would never hurt you on purpose baby boy.’ Hoseok said, kissing the top of Taehyung’s head. 

Taehyung smiled a soft smile at the sweet gesture before speaking up again.” But…But what about all those times you gave me the cold shoulder and yelled at me…“ Taehyung asked obviously thinking of the air mattress incident from yesterday. 

Hoseok was quiet for a second before talking again. "I was jealous” he whispered. 

“Jealous?” Taehyung echoed, shocked. He pulled his head back to look up at Hoseok “Of what?”

“Of your relationship with Jungkook. You started spending so much time with him. I felt replaced and forgotten” Hoseok said with a sad smile, eyes glazed over with tears. 

“I was broken, hyung. Jungkook helped fix me up…” Taehyung said looking away. 

“I get it now. I don’t like it. That I broke you and someone else fixed you up. But I do get it” Hoseok told Taehyung. 

“I could never replace you, hyung. Ever.” Taehyung whispered looking into Hoseok’s eyes. Hoseok smiled and gave Taehyung a quick kiss on the lips. 

“Me neither, Tae.” He replied. “God I’ve missed you.” Hoseok whispered against Taehyung’s head. He gently pushed Taehyung off his lap and got up. Taehyung pouted at the loss of heat and reached his arms out to Hoseok like a baby asking for its favorite teddy bear. Hoseok just chuckled at Taehyung and walked into the adjoining kitchen. He drank some water then filled up a glass with water and brought it to Taehyung. 

“Here drink. Crying makes your throat dry” Hoseok told Taehyung. Taehyung smiled. He had missed Hoseok’s caring nature. Taking the glass from Hoseok, he drank the water and gave Hoseok a peck on the cheek. 

“Thank you” Taehyung blushed. Hoseok put the glass back in the kitchen and turned the lights off on his way back to Taehyung. 

He laid down on the bed and pulled Taehyung close to his body. Taehyung threw one leg over Hoseok’s body and rested his head on Hoseok’s arm. Hoseok cradled Taehyung’s head with one hand and placed the other one on the younger’s overthrown leg. 

“Good night, hyung” Taehyung whispered. 

“It is now” Hoseok smiled as he cuddled Taehyung as close as he possibly could.

-

The morning found the boys waking up to four pair of wide eyes staring down at them. 

"What the ?" Taehyung drawled as he blinked his eyes open and turned his head to look up from where he was cuddled in Hoseok's arms. Hoseok, feeling Taehyung stirring, woke up from his sleep and peered up too. 

"Awww..." Jin cooed. Taehyung blushed and hid his face in Hoseok's neck once again. 

"Get up we need to get ready and leave," Namjoon said, a slight smile lurking on his face. He grabbed Jin by the arm and pulled him away back to their room. 

"Cute." Yoongi smirked, walking away as well. "Come on baby we have to get ready," he called to Jimin as he waited at the door of their shared room. 

"Just a minute, hyung" Jimin called. Leaning down to stare into Hoseok's eyes, Jimin deadpanned, "If you hurt him, I will murder your s." Taehyung giggled as he felt Hoseok tense up and looked up at Jimin. 

"Thanks Jiminie" Taehyung beamed. Jimin winked at Taehyung before turning and walking away, leaving the two boys alone. 

Hoseok looked down and frowned at Taehyung. "Yah! Why are you smiling so much?"

"Because Jiminie loves me" Taehyung replied, looking up at Hoseok. 

"And I don't?! You're way too happy about my death threat" Hoseok muttered grumpily. 

Taehyung chose to ignore the fact that Hoseok had indirectly admitted to loving him and replied, "Awww is someone grumpy?"

"Maybe. What are you gonna do about it?" Hoseok challenged, knowing exactly what Taehyung would do about it. He knew he was right when the younger boy wound his arms around Hoseok's neck and pulled him down into a kiss, both uncaring about morning breath. 

"I could definitely get used to this," Hoseok sighed when they pulled apart and rested their foreheads against each other's, eyes threatening to fall back close. 

"YOU BOTH BETTER BE UP BY THE TIME I WALK OUT THERE" Namjoon's voice brought them both out of their peaceful bubble as they scrambled up, trying to pretend like they'd been up and waiting to get ready. 


Sorry for this short update! I just wanted to write something & this was the result. I'm debating between continuing this story further or ending it in a couple of chapters and then starting a new vhope one so if you have a preference let me know! Any suggestions are also welcome :)

Don't forget to upvote & comment! Love you all~