Truth or Dare

Our Little Secret

This story takes place at an SM Concert in Japan, set in 2011. 

Their performance was about to begin. As she watched Girls’ Generation take their final bow, Luna felt her legs being to shake. She didn’t know why she was so nervous, it’d been two years since f(x)’s debut. She wasn’t normally this way. She blamed the foreign country for her backstage jitters, but she knew it was also because she was performing after a group like SNSD.

 

“Ready?” Sulli appeared, linking arms with her. Luna only nodded as the other members soon started to appear around her, bright smiles on each of their faces.  None of them seem worried, she thought to herself, why would they? The maknaes with their stunning beauty, Amber with her boyish charm, Victoria with her seniority and dazzling smile-they all managed to be the crowds' favorite, and for whatever reason, she wasn't as lucky. 

 

“F(x), fighting!” Key and Minho said as the appeared behind with their hands up in fists. Onew just smiled from between them. Luna’s eyes unconsciously flew to Onew, whom she’d thought was smiling directly at her for a moment. She took in his appearance-the tight black jeans and wrinkled shirt. His eyes were almost completely covered by his fringe that was messily hanging over his forehead after their performance.

 

Her momentary happiness was soon replaced with disappointment when she looked again and found his eyes were on Krystal. Before jealous thoughts could fully settle in her mind, f(x) was being called to the stage.



SMTown’s Japan debut was finally over. The groups were put up in one of Tokyo’s finest resorts, and they were given a week to celebrate and explore the country after months of training and practice. They were even given an after party which was being held in the private club of the hotel.

 

Various members of Girls’ Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, and f(x) were currently gathered around a large table, half of it made up of booth seating while the other half had regular chairs. The club was dark with loud music constantly blasting and the unmistakable scent of alcohol wafted through the hot air.

 

They were engaged in a game of Truth or Dare, that was becoming increasingly racy as the night went on. Luna was squished in the corner of the large booth, nursing her fourth drink with bubbly Krystal actively participating in the game.

 

Luna wasn’t much of a drinker, but tonight, she couldn’t help herself. She should’ve been happy with the stress of the concert finally gone, but she wasn't.  The minor mistake she made during her performance was something she just couldn’t get over. It especially didn’t help that along with her mistake, her name had been cheered the least by the Japanese crowd, the same as any other crowd she’d performed in front of.

 

Over the past few months, she found herself falling into a depression. Being known as the band’s “vitamin,” she always tried her best and put on a happy front, though inside she was more and more depressed after every event. Before their debut, she didn’t realize how much beauty played a part in one’s success. She also didn’t realize how much less beautiful she was than the rest of the members. And the more it became obvious, the more it hurt.

 

 She didn’t feel like participating and just knocked back drink after drink while watching the game play out. She had to admit it was thoroughly entertaining and helped improve her mood a small bit.  She’d just witnessed Key giving Jonghyun the most awkward before it was Onew’s turn.

 

Onew also didn’t seem as peppy as the others, and was one of the few who settled for a truth on his turn.

 

“Yah, hyung, you’re so boring!” Key complained after taking another shot. The others nodded in agreement, pondering over what invasive question to pose him with.

 

“I’ve got one!” Tiffany piped up after a bit, her words slightly slurred, “Have you ever…had a not-so-appropriate dream about someone in SM? If you don’t want to state their name, just tell us what group she, or he, is in.” She and everyone else chuckled at the last part.

 

Luna enjoyed watching Onew’s nervous expression, as well as the way he took a swig of his drink while rubbing the back of his neck. She found herself extremely intrigued and almost excited for his answer, which she knew was an irrational way to feel.

 

She wanted his answer to be her. She wished it was because she’s had those times where she’s woken up in the middle of the night, her forehead sweaty and heart racing. She’s felt the heat emanating from her entire body in the dark, silent room of her dorm. She’s experienced those dark, secret desires she accepted would never occur in real life. She was ashamed for getting that way over a silly little crush she knew would go nowhere.

 

“Come on, Oppa, hurry up!” Tiffany urged him after he was taking too long to reply.

 

“Arasso, arasso,” he sighed with his hands raised in defense, “I have my answer.” He quickly downed the last of his drink before slamming it noisily down onto the table.

 

“My answer is yes.” An eruption of laughter echoed around the table as he jokingly hung his head in shame. His eyes scanned around the table before landing directly on Luna, meeting her eyes for a brief second.

 

“And she is a member of none other than f(x).” Luna’s grip on her drink immediately slackened and she had to quickly grab it with her other hand before it spilled all over her.

 

“Seolma!”

 

“I knew it!”

 

“I thought he was going to say Girls’ Generation…”

 

Everyone was too busy drunkenly making guesses that they didn’t notice that where his eyes were. She was so unsure of what she’d seen, and resorted to blaming it on the alcohol because when she looked again, he was back to laughing with the rest of the members as if their eyes never met. She shook her head sadly at her momentary foolishness, thinking to herself, this is why I don't drink...

 

“Unnie, unnie, what are you thinking?” Krystal whispered to her excitedly, “Do you think it’s Sulli? Or maybe Victoria…It couldn’t be me, right? Well, you did see the way he was looking at me earlier, right? I don’t know, I’ve never thought about him that way, but ah! What if…”

 

Luna could barely even hear her anymore. All she was thinking about was him and his stupid crooked smile and his perfect hair and his shining cat-like eyes that were never on her again for the rest of the night. All she knew was that she really, really, wanted to get out of this booth and sleep the night’s pains away. 


Anyeong readers (if there are any)! Thanks for trying out my new story and I hope you enjoyed it at least a little! I'll try to update soon because I'm full of ideas for this story and this wonderful ship xx