What About The Date

Slow Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you nervous Kookie?” Jin asks the man in the practice room.

“W-why do you ask?” The younger man’s voice trembles a bit.

“Well, you have tripped over your feet no less than three times in the last twenty minutes. That’s not like you. So I surmise you are either sick—” Jin puts his hand on Jungkook’s forehead, “Or nervous about your date with Yoongi. You don’t have a fever, so I am going with the latter.” The older boy’s melodic voice is oddly soothing to Jungkook’s raw nerves.

The boy can’t answer he can only stare at his hyung, because how did he know about the date?

“Yoongi told me,” Jin answers as though reading Jungkook’s mind.

“H-he did?” The boy can’t help the stutter.

“Yes, he did. Wanna talk about it?” Jin offers and Jungkook is not sure how to answer.

He shrugs his shoulders.

“Not sure what you’re nervous about, huh?” Jin asks.

Jungkook is beginning to wonder if Jin can read people’s minds.

He nods, “I am not sure what I am nervous about hyung. Whether it’s my date with Yoongi or whether it’s because he had a date with Hoseok hyung, first.”

“Why would their date be something you worry about?” Jin asks seriously.

“Because they are so close. It scares me, how in sync they are. I am scared he’ll expect the same thing from me, but—”

“But what,” Jin encourages the younger male to continue talking.

“But we don’t have that kind of relationship. I don’t know what he is thinking, hell if I did we wouldn’t need this experiment.” Jungkook says frustratedly.

Jin nods and gently rubs the younger man’s back.

“Kookie, I won’t lie to you. In many ways, Hoseok is Yoongi’s soul-mate. But that doesn’t mean that he is the love of Yoongi’s life. It means they understand and accept each other. Love can take many forms, and what Yoongi is doing now is trying to figure out what kind of love he is feeling for each of you. Yoongi feels strongly for Hoseok, but he feels just as strongly about you, has for a while. Trust me.” Jin states matter-of-factly.

“H-he talks about me, with you?” Jungkook’s eyes grow big, and he can’t hide his shock.

“Yes, he does. A lot.” Jin smiles. “My advice don’t try to be Hoseok just be yourself. He likes you for you. Also, Yoongi will give you the same chance he gave Hopey, he is fair. If he said he’d date both of you equally, then he will.”

Jungkook smiles, he needed to hear that. His date with the man is tomorrow, and he has been on edge waiting for the older man to call it off. But knowing that his hyung talks about him and that Yoongi likes him too is causing the smile on his face to grow bigger.

“There it is,” Jin says with a chuckle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter